Rate This Topic
#271778 - 09/16/04 07:38 PM Re: 60 Minutes
ACT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Townsend, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
Quote:
If Killians Secretary knew morethan Killians family then how do you explain the performance evaluations that are signed by Killian himself??
OK, I'm calling BS on you UM! You know darn good and well that isn't a glowing evaluation. You've written more than plenty in your day. That is mediocre at best. Considering those were written BEFORE Bush disappeared to work on a failed campaign, I would say Killian was giving Bush the benefit of the doubt and once Bush showed his lack of dedication, I imagine Killian was quite disappointed with him.

You aren't gonna pull a fast one on me. I read and helped write more than enough evals over the years.

If Bush behaved the way folks claim while in YOUR division, I bet you wouldn't cover for him.
AM

Have you ever got that right here's a fine example of what you're talking about:

;\) \:D

#271780 - 09/16/04 08:19 PM Re: 60 Minutes
ACT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Here is a link to an interesting read: Rathergate

#271782 - 09/16/04 09:53 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

She is on the record saying that Bush wasn't elected and stole the election. This is before any of this memo bs came up. Credability? Agenda? Nah... But a good try.

I just got done flipping through the news channels while tying up leaders and every news channel had something to say about this. To me it seemed mostly like sharks smelling blood. The blood bing CBS. They have their agend too. That being watching the ship go down and having a slot to move into. Both sides really have to be loving this. Don't have to spend a cent and yet the majority of the american public onces again don't have to listen to issues that will affect you and I. Go press go.

Ouch there goes that twing again.. I think this will help

#271783 - 09/16/04 10:12 PM Re: 60 Minutes
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Some would say that serving in Vietnam was no badge of honor. Bush was a fortunate son...big friggin deal ..good for him. He was an officer who flew jets....does that make him a dick head? Kerry was antiwar and went to war for 4 months. Came back and trashed the war some more and his fellow vietnam vets. Does that make him honorable?

In both cases...who cares?>

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#271785 - 09/17/04 12:56 AM Re: 60 Minutes
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
He was an officer who flew jets....does that make him a dick head?
Not at all. There were lots of fotunate sons out there that were lucky enough not to be shipped overseas. The rub comes from his apparent failure to fulfill his NG duties.

Marion Carr Knox said that Bush was given a direct order to submit to a flight physical, and failed to do so.

I don't put much weight behind this either. I'd like to see a some debates about the NEXT 4 years. Enough of this 30-year-old history, let's get with the hree and now.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#271786 - 09/17/04 01:15 AM Re: 60 Minutes
jimh Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Area 8-1 to 13, WA
Yep, the race is close now.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/default.aspx?ci=13066

September 17, 2004
Bush Bounce Keeps On Going
President leads Kerry by 13 points among likely voters; 8 points among registered voters

by David W. Moore

GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- In a new Gallup Poll, conducted Sept. 13-15, President George W. Bush leads Democratic candidate John Kerry by 55% to 42% among likely voters, and by 52% to 44% among registered voters. These figures represent a significant improvement for Bush since just before the beginning of the Republican National Convention.

In the immediate aftermath of that convention, a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll showed Bush receiving a modest bounce from his standing before the convention. Among likely voters, Bush's support was up two points and Kerry's was down two points. Among the larger sample of registered voters, Bush's support was up two points, while Kerry's was unchanged.

#271789 - 09/17/04 10:00 AM Re: 60 Minutes
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

No agenda for the memos. probable leak

Just like grandma being unbiased in her comments.. :rolleyes:

I am hearing that there was a new memo that was to be put out that stated JK was a legit war hero. No news station want to touch that though.. No fact to back it up :p

#271791 - 09/17/04 10:18 AM Re: 60 Minutes
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
Here is an interesting litle article released today:

Friday, Sept. 17, 2004 12:38 a.m. EDT
Forgery 'Source' at Democratic Party Huddle

The Texas man who was named on Thursday as the source of forged documents aired by disgraced newsman Dan Rather accepted an invitation to address a local Democratic Party gathering earlier this year - and is a regular poster to pro-Democrat Web sites.

Retired National Guard Lt. Bill Burkett is viewed as "an intelligent activist or statesman of sorts" by local Democratic Party officials, reports Friday's Washington Post.

Why does this not surprise me? Know I am not implying in any way that the Kerry team had any knowledge or input on this issue, but does the fact that the "alledgedly" forged documents came from a pro-democrat activist kind of shed a cloud over this whole issue and could possibly wind up hurting the Kerry campaign in the long run? I think we will see Mr. Rather retract this story very soon now.

#271792 - 09/17/04 10:22 AM Re: 60 Minutes
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Never though about there being a tie and don't really care. The point is that is a news org like CBS is putting any kind of crap that THEY dictate to the American pub as fact what road are we traveling down? Might as well have the the National Enquirer Channel. Don't you think that a News org should hold some type of responsibility to what is broadcast as news and fact? To be honest I really hope that Dan Rather gets fired over this as an example. That guy must really think that he can spew any BULLSH!T he wants and that he is above everyone else. How many other "facts" has he put out as news that were lies? How many other lives has he ruined without any recourse? The only reason this story had any traction is due to the election year politics. Since this has happened with such a major org and by such a legend how often will you sit around asking yourself if this is news or is this being reported for some agenda?

#271794 - 09/17/04 11:33 AM Re: 60 Minutes
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Dan S

I am tired of arguing this point with the righties but this is for you in regards to the quote below. You are a middle of the row guy so you can make up your own mind. I didn't know if you knew this was a fact for sure and am just pointing ya towards the documents and you can decide on your own.

Quote:
Marion Carr Knox said that Bush was given a direct order to submit to a flight physical, and failed to do so.
Link to actual document that shows Bush was ordered to report
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/BushGuardmay4.pdf

Link to actual document that shows Bush failed to report
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/BushGuardaugust1.pdf

#271795 - 09/17/04 11:52 AM Re: 60 Minutes
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Do you really for one second think those are real?
When I first saw those I was surprised that anyone thought there was a possibility of them being real in the first place. LT, Have you seen the latest news about the guy in Texas?

BTW, The only fact is that they are fake! Just cause someone writes something down doesn't make it real. Maybe I should run off a bunch of $20's on the copy machine. They kind of look real so they must be right? I'll sell em to ya for ten buck's each

#271796 - 09/17/04 12:16 PM Re: 60 Minutes
ACT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

If you beleive Dan Blather you'll believe this:

#271797 - 09/17/04 12:26 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Here LT. I just did this on word with the default times roman text. Go photo copy this a couple of times and see what you get.

Heck, do it for yourself and pass it to all of your lib friends and you can say you have a man on the inside who gave you a copy. They should beleive it if they beleive the other? \:D ;\)

#271799 - 09/17/04 12:39 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Do you really for one second think those are real?
Yes, but I admit there is so much mud being slung I would not bet my check on it. ;\)

Quote:
Just cause someone writes something down doesn't make it real
This is true but nothing tells me they are fakes as of yet.

Have not seen Texas news....inform please ;\)

Act
Go away :rolleyes:

#271800 - 09/17/04 01:37 PM Re: 60 Minutes
ACT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Quote:
Originally posted by lead thrower:
[QUOTE]

Act
Go away :rolleyes:
Nope having to much fun pulling your and the other Bush Hater's chains.

As a conservatively leaning moderate registered Democrat I find that the DNC and WA State Democratic Committee's have completely abandoned the citizens of this state and repersent nothing but the views of the I-5 Corridor and to hell with the rest of the State and as a result of their total mismanagement of the public trust at all levels of Government from the building of Marble Palaces for DNR, DSHS, Dept of Licensing and other agencies to the hiring of total idiots, who haven't a clue as to what their job is or how to impliment that job and once they are on the job you can't fire them because the Union won't let you fire them, so the state moves them up the ladder to a job of greater responsibility. That's the Democrapic way.

The DNC and the Democratic Party needs to sh!tcan the sKerry's, Kennedy's , Shulmer's, Hildabeast's, Lowry's, McDermott's and the others who are leading their party down Leftist Path and bring their philosophy back towards a more centerist path and then and only then will they start to regain some of the Credibility that they have lost or the Democratic Party will become nothing more than a footnote in history.

Russia and the rest of the Communist Block Nations went down that same path to their own demise.

#271801 - 09/17/04 04:36 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
The DNC and the Democratic Party needs to sh!tcan the sKerry's, Kennedy's , Shulmer's, Hildabeast's, Lowry's, McDermott's and the others who are leading their party down Leftist Path and bring their philosophy back towards a more centerist path and then and only then will they start to regain some of the Credibility that they have lost or the Democratic Party will become nothing more than a footnote in history.
Word up to that. I couldn't agree more.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#271802 - 09/20/04 10:10 AM Re: 60 Minutes
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
having to much fun pulling your and the other Bush Hater's chains.
Ya can't pull my chain by posting pics, only by posts like your last one. Keep it up ;\)

#271803 - 09/20/04 12:32 PM Re: 60 Minutes
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
The DNC and the Democratic Party needs to sh!tcan the sKerry's, Kennedy's , Shulmer's, Hildabeast's, Lowry's, McDermott's and the others who are leading their party down Leftist Path and bring their philosophy back towards a more centerist path
You're right, but at the same time we need to get rid of the DeLays, Frists, Hatches, Inhofes, Bushes, Lotts, Cheneys, Santorums, and Roberts. They're leading their party, and this nation, to the far radical right, and they need to steer us back to middle where mainstream America is more comfortable.

If for no other reason, we need the guys on the far left to balance those on the radical right.

#271804 - 09/20/04 01:01 PM Re: 60 Minutes
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
EXCLUSIVE // Mon Sep 20 2004 11:58:02 ET
STATEMENT FROM DAN RATHER:

Last week, amid increasing questions about the authenticity of documents used in support of a 60 MINUTES WEDNESDAY story about President Bush's time in the Texas Air National Guard, CBS News vowed to re-examine the documents in question—and their source—vigorously. And we promised that we would let the American public know what this examination turned up, whatever the outcome.

Now, after extensive additional interviews, I no longer have the confidence in these documents that would allow us to continue vouching for them journalistically. I find we have been misled on the key question of how our source for the documents came into possession of these papers. That, combined with some of the questions that have been raised in public and in the press, leads me to a point where—if I knew then what I know now—I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question.

But we did use the documents. We made a mistake in judgment, and for that I am sorry. It was an error that was made, however, in good faith and in the spirit of trying to carry on a CBS News tradition of investigative reporting without fear or favoritism.

Please know that nothing is more important to us than people's trust in our ability and our commitment to report fairly and truthfully.

#271805 - 09/22/04 01:44 AM Re: 60 Minutes
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
CBS DOC SOURCE SET TO SUE NETWORK FOR LIBEL
Wed Sep 22 2004 00:05:20 ET

Bill Burkett, the man identified yesterday by CBS as the source of the controversial documents used in its September 8 “60 Minutes II” report questioning President Bush's Air National Guard service, plans to sue the network, the NY SUN reports.

Burkett has had “several meetings with lawyers to determine the best course of action.” The planned lawsuit would center on “defamation of character and libel.”

Mr. Burkett “told me everything about the process” of his dealings with CBS and how he came into possession of the documents at the heart of the controversy, a lawyer close to Burkett said.

The lawyer said the CBS News producer, Mary Mapes, promised to protect Mr. Burkett with complete anonymity and CBS was to “expend both time and money authenticating” the memos.

“Bill Burkett went with CBS News on this over ABC News, the New York Times, and the Washington Post because they promised to work the hardest to protect him and authenticate the documents. ,” Mr.Van Os told the Sun. “Bill leveled with [CBS] about his doubts over the papers, and they promised him they would take their time. They spent all of three days, maybe less, on authentication.”

Developing...

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1442 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |