Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#272099 - 09/14/04 05:01 PM Assault Weapons Ban
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
My supply of GOOD Mini 14 clips was ok but the 10/22 clips (qty 8 of the 25 round Butler Creek Clips) were all but worn out.

Hopefully production will ramp up soon so I can get replacements. I wonder if Butler Creek will still honor the lifetime warranty on the originals \:\)

#272100 - 09/14/04 06:55 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
Well Bush showed what a gutless POS he is on this issue.
He said he supports it but didn't have the balls to get Congress to extend it.
Yep he is a great leader allright

#272102 - 09/14/04 08:29 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
I'd say that's worse than a flip flop Stew! ;\)
Well had he just come out and said he doesn't support the ban is one thing but to say he supports it then cave in to NRA whackos shows me what I already knew. This man will do anything to stay in office.
68% of the Amercian public support the ban and it's a small vocal minority that is in favor of it :rolleyes:

#272103 - 09/15/04 12:15 AM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
Hold on now Stew....are you saying if you are a member of the NRA you are a wacko?....I am a member of the NRA. And how can 68% of America support the ban and only a small minority favor it?????

#272104 - 09/15/04 12:31 AM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by umrules:
Hold on now Stew....are you saying if you are a member of the NRA you are a wacko?....I am a member of the NRA. And how can 68% of America support the ban and only a small minority favor it?????
I have friends in the NRA so I was referring to guys like Heston and LaPierre and some of the "fringe" elements in your group. When the majority of police favor the ban that has to tell you something doesn't.

#272105 - 09/15/04 01:17 AM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
I see this as pretty much a non-issue. I can respect both sides of the gun control issue, but regardless of where you fall out on the actual issue, this law didn't mreally keep semi-auto weapons out of anyone's hands.

I think there's room to debate where to draw the line (most people think it's OK to keep a plastic picnic knife, very few would advocate for unlimited access to high powered machine guns, tactical nukes for the home, etc.).

But whether you're vehemently pro- or anti-gun control, this particular piece of legislatio seemd fatally flawed from the start. When it only bans certain models by name and other nearly identical models are legal, I don't feel any safer on the street.

Just my 2 cents.

Fisherdan

#272106 - 09/15/04 01:59 AM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Stew,

Are you suggesting that you would vote for Bush in November if he pushed to have congress draw up a bill that would extend the Brady Bill (that they don't have the votes to pass) and signed it into law?

#272107 - 09/15/04 02:16 AM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
Quote:
Originally posted by Stew:
When the majority of police favor the ban that has to tell you something doesn't.
Yeah, it tells me they don't know much about guns.

#272108 - 09/15/04 02:26 AM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by Rory Bellows:
Stew,

Are you suggesting that you would vote for Bush in November if he pushed to have congress draw up a bill that would extend the Brady Bill (that they don't have the votes to pass) and signed it into law?
You're reaching there RB. There is more to this election than just guns and you know it. Not in a million years would I vote for Bush. He stands for just about everything I oppose and if it were Al Sharpton as the democratic nominee I would vote for Sharpton first! Bush is the symbol of all the is wrong in government and society for that matter. He was born with limited skills and intelligence so he rode the coattails of his father and the affluent GOP power brokers to get where he got to today. It's for damn sure he didn't get there on talent. His uses his phoney faith to pander to the Christian right and plays on the fears of the gullible (yes Rory I'm talking about you here). So no I would never vote for George Bush.

#272109 - 09/15/04 09:34 AM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
How's that ol' saying go.......Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And Stew, thanks for the clarification on your feelings about the NRA and it's members. I support what they do and I am a firm beleiver in my right to gun ownership. I just didn't think that made me a whack-o.

#272110 - 09/15/04 12:18 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
tactical nukes for the home
:D

I was going to pick up one myself, but when I read the directions it said "Make sure you are at least 15 miles from your target BEFORE discharging weapon."

I guess I could drive to Tacoma and lob one at the guy breaking into my house. \:D

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#272111 - 09/15/04 12:36 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
NRA wackos? Whats that saying about a skunk smelling its own hole first?

#272112 - 09/15/04 12:40 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Stew:

Not in a million years would I vote for Bush. He stands for just about everything I oppose and if it were Al Sharpton as the democratic nominee I would vote for Sharpton first!

So no I would never vote for George Bush. [/QB]
------------------------------------------------------------

If that's the case, why would Bush push to have a toothless- ineffective- ill-conceived-'feel good' bill drawn up by congress to extend the Brady Bill (that doesn't have the votes to pass it) so he could sign it?

You still wouldn't vote for him.

But that's OK--Bush will still win re-election this November. You'll probably have another opportunity to vote for Al Sharpton in '08

#272114 - 09/15/04 01:51 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
Kerry really know his gun laws.

“So, tomorrow for the first time in 10 years when a killer walks into a gun shop, when a terrorist goes to a gun show somewhere in America, when they want to purchase an AK-47 or some other military assault weapon, they’re going to hear one word: ’Sure,”’ Kerry told supporters in Washington.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5989162/

#272115 - 09/15/04 01:53 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

As always AuntyM--Don't let the facts get in your way

#272117 - 09/15/04 02:21 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally posted by AuntyM:

The Republican votes weren't there deliberately to protect him and his chances for re-election.---AuntyM's misleading statement

Fact: The votes that weren't there in congress to extend the Brady Bill were a combination of republican and DEMOCRATic representatives.--RB
-----------------------------------------------------------

Portraying REPUBLICANS as protectors of gun rights is a joke.--Aunty M

Are you suggesting that the democrats have a better record of protecting gun rights?--RB

They also won't protect your other CIVIL rights.--Aunty M

What other CIVIL rights are you eluding to?--RB

#272119 - 09/15/04 03:58 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Presidents can only sign into law legislation that is drawn up and passed in the house and senate.

Since there is only one president and over 600 congresmen and senators, I ask you again:

Are you suggesting that the democrats have a better record of protecting gun rights?--RB

Are you suggesting gun owners would have their rights protected better in the future by electing democrats at all levels?

#272121 - 09/15/04 04:20 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by Rory Bellows:
Presidents can only sign into law legislation that is drawn up and passed in the house and senate.

Since there is only one president and over 600 congresmen and senators, I ask you again:

Are you suggesting gun owners would have their rights protected better in the future by electing democrats at all levels?
Yeah, the president just sits around and waits for the Congress to present him with bills. He doesn't have any influence whatsoever within his party on what issues are brought before the House or Senate floor .................... or does he? ;\)

Can you tell us exactly what gun owning right you've personally lost as a direct result of the Democratic party?

Are you suggesting that the Democrats are after your guns and stripping the Constitution of the Second Amendment? The NRA and GOP loves guys like you; so easy to manipulate through fear. Someone in Germany did something like that a few decades ago, also. Proved to be pretty effective, and is still working right here in the good ol' US of A.

#272122 - 09/15/04 04:37 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Good post Harley! Ya beat me to it!

Obviously RB don't watch "The West Wing" much and he probably slept through government class too! :p ;\)

The President (every president) has a DEFINITE legislative agenda, and in fact has a complete staff dedicated to insuring that this agenda makes it's way onto the House and Senate floors, or at least into committee.

#272123 - 09/15/04 04:50 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by goharley:

[The NRA and GOP loves guys like you; so easy to manipulate through fear. Someone in Germany did something like that a few decades ago, also. Proved to be pretty effective, and is still working right here in the good ol' US of A.

Goharley,

Calm down and take a Midol --Then after the the irrational rage subsides, :p crack open a history book and try to learn what one of the first things the Nazis confiscated from private citizens was-after they came into power in the 30's.

BTW--I didn't learn civics, government or history from 'The West Wing' or the 'Lifetime' channel....sorry

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 1466 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |