Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#272173 - 09/17/04 01:44 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Aunty M,

Pull your pants down if you're going to talk out of you a$$!

I've NEVER once put the military or those who honorably served in it down on this forum or anywhere else for that matter.

I honor our military and those who serve in it at ALL times--not just when I agree with the orders they're carring out at a given moment.

I have and will continue to bring attention to the fact that Hanoi John Kerry stabbed his fellow servicemen in the back by lying about them and suggesting that on a daily bases they were "RAPISTS and BABY KILLERS". He also misrpesented his service record. What he did when he got of of Vietnam did serve the communists--that's why they honor him in their Communists museum in Ho Chi Minh city.

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/staticpages/index.php?page=20040604194804799

I challenge you to re-post any statement I've made that ever said that the people went in to the military because they were stupid or didn't have any other options.

Since I know you can't you'll need to RETRACT the assertion that I look down on the military.

Also, the chickenhawk tag against someone that happend to make a different career choice than someone else several years ago but has the unmidigated gaul to support our troops 100% whether history proves what they're carring out was advisable or not will only continue to be applicable if YOU POST ALL DOCUMENTATIONJS OF ALL THE ABORTIONS YOU'VE EVER HAD if you ever want to weigh in on the abortion issue in the future.

Complete documentation
--------------------------------
How many ABORTION(s) you've had:

Who perfomed your ABORTION(s):

Where was your ABORTION(s) performed:

How many weeks pregnant were you when you had the ABORTION(s):

If you do not make this information public and ever comment on the abortion issue again --

You'll be reffered to as : ABORTIONhawk

#272174 - 09/17/04 01:54 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Umrules,

The accusation that I ever said the the military is for the poor and uneducated is Bull $hit! (pure propaganda from Aunty M) She's just upset that here hero Hanoi John Kerry's record of stabbing his fellow servicemen in the back is coming to light.

Before you say or believe AM on this matter:
------------------------------------------------------------
AM,
"I think you're right, I missed the dissing of the military"--Unrules
Read my posts about the military and you'll see that the military has not only played an important role in my families history--it's something respect greatly and speak up to support quite often.

Someone else on this board made the remarks she is accusing me of making--She owes me an apology--and I would hope you give me the benefit of the doubt and make any judgements about me from what I SAY OR WRITE--not what is SAID OR WRITTEN ABOUT ME.

Sincerely,

Rory B

#272175 - 09/17/04 02:16 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Speaking of someone talking out of their ass:
Quote:
I have and will continue to bring attention to the fact that Hanoi John Kerry stabbed his fellow servicemen in the back by lying about them and suggesting that on a daily bases they were "RAPISTS and BABY KILLERS". He also misrpesented his service record. What he did when he got of of Vietnam did serve the communists--that's why they honor him in their Communists museum in Ho Chi Minh city.
I've pointed out to you numerous times that those statements are total BS. I've provided links to credible sources to back it up. As long as you keep spewing ignorant hyperbole how can anyone take you serious?

BTW, I'm not going to re-hash or repost again all the facts to discredit your unadulterated BS above.

#272176 - 09/17/04 02:29 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
I made statements about option limited people joining the military. I backed it up with reasearch. That in in no way implies that the people that join the military are stupid as others have tried to twist it. It implies that many join for education and training because they will not get it in the private sector. They have few skills when they join which would put them at the bottom level of any private business. After their service and training about 10% then go on to achieve college degrees and advanced college degrees. I have hired and worked with several hundred ex military and consider them friends. I would not insult them by calling them stupid. their advanced electronics training speaks for itself.

#272178 - 09/17/04 02:50 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
Rory,
No worries!
My post was not directed towards you nor did I associate the comment that someone said the military was for the poor and uneducated to you. I really didn't know who AM was refering to nor did I see the post / comment that said it. Must have been when I was up on the Canada fly fishing trip.

But I WILL give my complete support, appreciation and gratitude to all the men and women out there that volunteer to put on the uniform and defend this great nation!

#272179 - 09/17/04 02:55 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Was that a group hug :p

#272180 - 09/17/04 02:57 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:

Rory, for the sake of time that I don't have to search these threads, I will apologize. \:\)

I DO believe you did make that type of comments in previous threads though:D [/QB]

I know myself and my beliefs--that's why I knew that you or anyone else wouldn't be able to find any posts I've made belitting our military or the brave men and women that serve in it (other than Hanoi John Kerry). \:D

Apology accepted.

Now that we've wiped that slate clean--we can find something else to argue...I'm mean debate over. \:D

#272183 - 09/17/04 03:55 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Aunty M,

The claims made by the numerous deorated honorably discharged veterans that served with Kerry in Vietnam in 'Unfit for Command' have not changed or been refuted---interestingly Kerry has had to change several of his versions of what happened in SE Asia since 'U 4 C' was published.

The authors of the book are donating the considerable profits from the #1 best selling book in the country to Veteran's charities.

Let's see......The Swift Vets for Truth are standing behind what they said (not for a profit motive) so that the truth is know about Kerry (knowing that they could be sued for everything they have if found to be lying)---and Kerry is 'flip-flopping' on his account of what happend in SE Asia since the book was published.....very interesting.

George Bush served in the 'Guard and received an Honorable Discharge--your side is having to forge documents to try and discredit his service.

What I find most hypocritical about the left (not you ) is that they are making such a big issue about Bush 43's service record compared to Kerry's. Bush said he honors Kerry's service and hasn't made his service 35 years ago the sole reason he should be elected--he's been Commander and Chief for almost four years.

Those on the left thought nothing of voting for Clinton (a known draft dodger) over two verifiable decorated war heros (Bush 41 and Dole). So it makes the comparison the left tries to make between Kerry's and Bush 43's military record laughable.

As for what Kerry did after he came home from Vietnam working with Hanoi Jane Fonda and the VVAW --John McCain has said that's fair game, and he should have to account for his actions and words (you'll be hearing alot more about it in the weeks to come).

As for other PP members opinions about the military--that's what makes this country great--we're all entitled to an opinion.

#272185 - 09/17/04 04:15 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Aunty M,

I've never said that they should add Bush 43 to Mt. Rushmore because of his service in the 'Guard----However, Kerry salutes and honors his own service and 4 months in Vietnam so often that I think he believes he should be on Mt. Rushmore.... and maybe some form of currency too. \:D

Did you vote for Bill Clinton in either '92 or '96?

#272187 - 09/17/04 06:11 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
I had a bowl of oatmeal, a slice of cracked wheat toast and OJ for breakfast.
Beats the hell out of Metamucil, though, don't it?

#272188 - 09/18/04 12:02 AM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:

You're being VERY inconsistent.

You have two different standards that you're applying to the candidates. I don't.

......Now THAT'S consistency.

Aunty M,

The fact is you're the one who's being inconsitent--if you voted for Bill Clinton (a known draft dodger) in '96 over a decorated war hero (Bob Dole).

Then say now that Bush's Service in the 'Guard that he received an Honorable discharge for makes him a "draft dodging scumbag" and should disqualify him to serve as Commander and Chief.

You are the one with two different standards.

BTW--The only 'combat tour' Kerry had lasted 4 months----He's the only Swift Boat Veteran in Vietnam to ever serve 1/3 of his 'combat tour' duty and bug out that early after accepting two Purple Hearts under false pretenses without being seriously wounded or killed. That's not an opinion--that's a fact

#272190 - 09/18/04 01:55 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
"Bush is a liar and a criminal................"

"Personally I have higher standards...."

Now that was worth signing on for....The most telling, yet pathetic , post I have read in a long time.....WOW

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#272192 - 09/18/04 03:05 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
Six days without the ban and somehow I haven't been shot by an assault rifle or stabbed with a bayonet. It's a miracle.

#272193 - 09/18/04 03:29 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

pathetic is standing out in your field bellering......and no one is listening.

#272195 - 09/18/04 08:06 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Like I said, I have been confined to bed for two weeks so I must be desperate for entertainment trying to get a rise outta you....

#272196 - 09/20/04 12:04 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
accepting two Purple Hearts under false pretenses ... that's a fact
Sorry, Krusty, but it's not.

#272197 - 09/20/04 02:21 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by goharley:
Quote:
accepting two Purple Hearts under false pretenses ... that's a fact
Sorry, Krusty, but it's not.

Kerry has had to admit (after 'Unfit for Command' was published) that two of the wounds he received a Purple Hearts for were:

not from a wound from enemy fire, but from self-inflicted 'rice shrapnel' from throwing his own grenade in a pile of rice.

The other 'self -inflicted' wound came from a grenade he threw to close to his own boat.

He took these two Purple hearts knowing that they were being granted under false pretenses so he could get the 3 and out and go home and work with Hanoi Jane Fonda and the VVAW to help ensure a communist victory in SE Asia.

#272198 - 09/20/04 02:54 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

RB

You can receive a purple heart for injuries sustained through friendly fire.

"Since then, over 800,000 Purple Heart medals have been awarded, some in formal ceremonies, others as intimate as a medal pinned to a hospital gown. The qualifications have expanded during that time as well, to include injuries to servicemen and women from terrorist attacks, friendly fire and from being part of a peacekeeping force."

http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/patc/purpleheart/

Hey Bob Dole recived a purple heart in WWII for his grenade bouncing off a tree

#272199 - 09/20/04 05:05 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

John Kerry's First Purple Heart

The action that led to John Kerry's first Purple Heart occurred on December 2, 1968, during the month that he was undergoing training with Coastal Division 14 at Cam Ranh Bay. While waiting to receive his own Swift boat command, Kerry volunteered for a nighttime patrol mission on a small, foam-filled "skimmer" craft under the command of Lt. William Schachte. The two officers were accompanied by an enlisted man who operated the outboard motor. The purpose of the patrol, which Kerry later described as "a half-assed action that hardly qualified as combat," was to find Vietcong guerillas moving contraband around a peninsula north of the bay on sampans.

At the target location Kerry saw a group of sampans unloading something on the shore, and lit a flare to illuminate the area. The men from the sampans ran, and Kerry and his crew opened fire. At that point, according to Kerry, "My M-16 jammed, and as I bent down in the boat to grab another gun, a stinging piece of heat socked into my arm and just seemed to burn like hell." (page 147, "Tour of Duty") Kerry and his men strafed the beach, shot up the sampans and returned to Cam Ranh Bay.

As an officer in command (OIC) in training, Kerry reported during this mission to William Schachte, who eventually retired as a Rear Admiral. Schachte flatly contradicts Kerry's claim to have been wounded by enemy fire, saying that after his M-16 jammed, Kerry picked up an M-79 grenade launcher and fired a grenade that exploded too close to the boat, causing a small piece of shrapnel to stick in the skin of his arm. Kerry himself did not report receiving hostile fire that night, which would have been required, and there is no record of hostile fire for the mission.

Kerry succeeded in keeping the small piece of shrapnel in his arm until the following day, when he was treated by Dr. Louis Letson, whose version of the event matches William Schachte's account rather than Kerry's:

I have a very clear memory of an incident which occurred while I was the Medical Officer at Naval Support Facility, Cam Ranh Bay. John Kerry was a (jg), the OinC or skipper of a Swift boat, newly arrived in Vietnam. On the night of December 2, he was on patrol north of Cam Ranh, up near Nha Trang area. The next day he came to sick bay, the medical facility, for treatment of a wound that had occurred that night.

The story he told was different from what his crewmen had to say about that night. According to Kerry, they had been engaged in a fire fight, receiving small arms fire from on shore. He said that his injury resulted from this enemy action.

Some of his crew confided that they did not receive any fire from shore, but that Kerry had fired a mortar round at close range to some rocks on shore. The crewman thought that the injury was caused by a fragment ricocheting from that mortar round when it struck the rocks.

That seemed to fit the injury which I treated.

What I saw was a small piece of metal sticking very superficially in the skin of Kerry's arm. The metal fragment measured about 1 cm. in length and was about 2 or 3 mm in diameter. It certainly did not look like a round from a rifle.

I simply removed the piece of metal by lifting it out of the skin with forceps. I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound.

The wound was covered with a bandaid.

Not [sic] other injuries were reported and I do not recall that there was any reported damage to the boat.

The following morning, John Kerry arrived at the office of Coastal Division 14 Commander Grant Hibbard to apply for a Purple Heart. Having already been informed by Schachte that Kerry's injury was self-inflicted rather than the result of hostile fire, Commander Hibbard told him to "forget it." Hibbard recently said of Kerry's minor scratch, "I've seen worse injuries from a rose thorn."

Nevertheless, John Kerry managed to obtain his coveted Purple Heart for this incident nearly three months later after being transferred to Coastal Division 11. The circumstances remain obscure, as there are no written records of this award on file at the Naval Historical Center. Various other documents that might shed light on this award remain unavailable due to Senator Kerry's refusal to release his complete military records.

Military regulations state that to qualify for a Purple Heart, an injury must come "from an outside force or agent," and treatment for the wound must "have been made a matter of official record." While John Kerry managed to satisfy the second criterion by insisting that an amused Dr. Letson provide an official Band-Aid, nicking himself with a fragment from his own poorly-aimed grenade fails to meet the first qualification.

#272200 - 09/20/04 05:13 PM Re: Assault Weapons Ban
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

OK point being?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |