Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#275016 - 11/29/04 06:17 PM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
TK, What the ADA and other organizations are saying is Some people are more susceptible to become dependant of certain things than others. It is NOT always by choice.

Not to be criticle but there is a difference between reading a lot of books and being well read.

#275017 - 11/29/04 06:47 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
BW,

I know full well what the intent of the ADA is and the majority of it is BS. The majority of it is treating the symptom rather than the cause. To put things in a box to make it easy to justify certain actions given our societies structure.Take substance abuse as an example as it applies to this topic. The ADA does not require or set a side diagnosis and treatment of all underlying causes to the susbstance abuse as a requirement of diagnosis and treatment of the symptom. Meaning you meet the criteria by simple diagnosis and most corporate insurance programs will pay for treatment of the "disease" never treating the whole person just the "disease" which is really just a symptom of other causes. The number one cause of recidivism is not treating underlying causation of the abuse. Happy ,fullfilled ,content whole individuals do not make the choice to abuse substances. They are many socitites on earth that allow of blind studies to thses behaviors.

#275018 - 11/29/04 06:53 PM Re: MNF
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Sorry RB. I am not willing to part with any of my sticks.

It is driving me crazy... what is your moniker's name?

#275020 - 11/29/04 07:05 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Your blue collar, Readers digest conclusions on this issue are well demonstrated by your last post "when children are abused, it's their faults. When a person is a victim of a drive by shooting, it's their own fault. If someone busts your car window and steals stuff, it was their own fault"

In no instance is the other party consenting to enter into a relationship in your examples.

#275022 - 11/29/04 07:41 PM Re: MNF
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Quote:
Originally posted by Vic:

It is driving me crazy... what is your moniker's name?
------------------------------------------------------------

The avatar is 'Triumph the Insult Comic'

The moniker name itself (Rory Bellows) is an obscure charactor reference from the TV classic 'The Simpsons'

To his credit, Goharley was the first one who was enlightened enough \:D to figure it out.

#275023 - 11/29/04 07:51 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

The issue being discussed was never about permission our fault it was about choice. Specifically being a single mom for any other reason than the death or debilitating injury of their spouse.

#275024 - 11/29/04 08:08 PM Re: MNF
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Rory: I thought I heard the name Rory bellows on a recent Simpsons rerun. I ws so dumb I though it was a coincidence. I was planning on telling you about it. Doh . . now I get it! Yes, I watch the Simpson and am proud of it!

#275026 - 11/29/04 08:45 PM Re: MNF
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

BW,

Loved your Achem's razor analogy with TK as the example. I couldn't possibly have said it better myself. Thanks for stating it so clearly.

It's getting hilarious. At this point in this thread, we have TK urging the identification and treatment of a root cause instead of symptoms. Yet in earlier threads regarding terrorism, he was all about treating the symptom - killing terrorists - and dismissing identifying and treating the root cause of what causes people to become and commit terrorist acts against the U.S. It looks like our own forum genius, TK, is a practitioner of, if not believer in, situational logic.

TK,

Earlier in this thread you stated that, "single motherhood is as preventable as AIDS." You allowed for no exceptions, indicating that every woman can know with absolute certainty whether she is entering into a relationship with a potential jerk or abuser. Even then, you weren't allowing death or dibilitating disease as exceptions. Your use of absolutes - were certainty does not and cannot exist - discredits the potential value you might add. Hence, that's why when you claimed you're an interesting person, I disagreed and suggested you're really just an entertaining pompous a$$. But it's just the choices you make . . .

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

#275028 - 11/30/04 09:23 AM Re: MNF
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Aunty my money's on you for kicking TK's a$$

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#275030 - 11/30/04 11:02 AM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Salmo,

It's interesting how you read things with your supoerior scientific pomposity.

"he was all about treating the symptom - killing terrorists - and dismissing identifying and treating the root cause of what causes people to become and commit terrorist acts against the U.S. It looks like our own forum genius, TK, is a practitioner of, if not believer in, situational logic."

I asked you 6 months ago to pontificate on the root cause of radical Islam. All you could do was talk about how anxious you where over the discussion. Pleasse feel free to start another thread to discuss the root causee and how to treat it and I will join in and bonk you like the Brat you are. I nthe words of your favorite president " bring it on!"

Back to the topic.

"Earlier in this thread you stated that, "single motherhood is as preventable as AIDS." You allowed for no exceptions,"

How is this an absolute? Aids is not 100% preventable because you can get it from other than choice. Contracting aids can be from Sexual contact ,IV drug use etc. are all choices. Just like entering into a poor relationship is a choice. Both have many tests that can eliminate most of the risk. Yet our society puts little value on stable relationships and resposibility and more on personal freedom. That being given kids rasied by single parents and the issues that revolve around it are acceptable byproducts. So I would guess that your problem is that you do not think through the problem before you start pontificating. Maybe being anxious is the root cause more than ego or intelligence.

#275031 - 11/30/04 11:12 AM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

"Yes, men DO have a choice NOT to abuse TK. You BLAMED the woman.

Please show me where I blamed abused women 1 time ?

I will address you no longer until you can or apologize.

#275032 - 11/30/04 11:24 AM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

You know what is scary? He thinks he is making scence.

#275033 - 11/30/04 11:34 AM Re: MNF
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
I will address you no longer ...
\:\)

#275034 - 11/30/04 11:52 AM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

BW,

I can cite source after source for my postion can you?

#275035 - 11/30/04 12:37 PM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

Tk

I don't think anyone here dosn't think you haven't done some research. A large part of my job is in research. The problem is you also have to correlate it and then draw an intelligente conclusion. You kind of fall down on that part.

You try to paint with too broad of brush, and when someone calls you on it you cannot argue your possition with any success. You have in fact lost in every exchange with Salmo G (I wonder if that will get me a fishing trip,) and AuntyM ( have gone fishing with her a couple of times). What is sad it you have not even realized that you have been out argued. That is what we find so entertaining. Anyway I have some real work to do so have a nice day.

#275036 - 11/30/04 12:43 PM Re: MNF
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BW:
[qb] Tk

The problem is you also have to correlate it and then draw an intelligente conclusion. You kind of fall down on that part.

You try to paint with too broad of brush, and when someone calls you on it you cannot argue your possition with any success.

Too funny.. way accurate description of the King.... I do enjoy reading his views however.. sort of like watching a car crash in slow motion.

#275038 - 11/30/04 12:55 PM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

Soooooo Aunty, can I come to dinner? \:D \:D

#275040 - 11/30/04 01:36 PM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

Desperation, I have to cook for myself for a week. \:\( ;\) No one should have to eat what I cook.

#275041 - 11/30/04 02:23 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

BW,

The problem is you also have to correlate it and then draw an intelligente conclusion. You kind of fall down on that part.

Prove it ! just saying it does not make it so.

Two great friends are Phd Psychs practicing in Marriage and family therapy forgive me if I take their view over yours. Your view might make sese to the lay person but as you might be aware research and application sometimes are counter intuitive.

#275042 - 11/30/04 02:57 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

BRun,

You talk pretty big for a guy that is not smart enough to make a phone call and then when he screws it up does not take responsibility for it and tries to stick the company for his mistake. \:D \:D But then again 28% is like everyone in your universe ;\)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1407 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |