Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#275043 - 11/30/04 03:00 PM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
That is just proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. They have the Phd's and I am sure they could speak on the subject with far more expertise than you or I.

By the way you should not take it for granted that there are no PHD's or other wise highly educated people on this board. You would be surprised.

Anyway I'm done with this, as entertaining as this has been I have more importand things to be doing.

#275044 - 11/30/04 03:29 PM Re: MNF
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Right, the 28% of a states population is a small amount thing... one of your better foot in mouths to date... Classic proof of your analitical skills.

About this current issue you are arguing.. I don't know much of anything about abusers and battered women etc... but do know you threw some rather broad statements out there.. and as data you offer up some freinds who are PHD's or some crap.. as if that means anything to anyone. I am surprized that you have not "completed some sort of 6 year investigation into this very subject " or other B.S and expect that people believe it simply because you say so...

Truth is, you start out with some basic truths and then screw it all up when you go into the data analysis mode.. Get in over your head, then don't know how to pull out of the nose dive.

I am betting that you would be an intresting person to ride in a car with for 2000 miles.. I doubt I would learn anything but it would be good conversation none the less.

#275045 - 11/30/04 03:48 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
BW,

Petty typical of this site. Stick your nose in generalize, slam and then check out when challenged. I kno I know it's everyone else's fault for not following your self imposed rules and mythical guidelines. Salmo does the same thing

BRUN,

All I said was that being a single mom was a choice casued by poor decision making. That has yet to be refuted in any way shape or form. Others tried contend that other factors make single moms mostly laying the resposiblity on men. Then they morphed it into abuse and took it down other rabbit trails to emotionalize an arguement that they could not refute. There was no data presented on either side just opinion. I can back my position up with data and numerous studies. I doubt the others can.

#275046 - 11/30/04 04:13 PM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

Ok I'm back \:\)

You said being a single mother was a choice.

Some brought up spoucel abuse as an example of how that is not always correct.

Your responce was to slam them an call it a small minority, and say they could tell if a male was going to become an abusive husband.

That my be true if they all had that PHD your friends have, (they all don't).

Like is said you paint with too large of brush. and when someone gives an example of how you are not correct you just blow over it.

You know just for fun I had a conservitive friend here at work (who is also very highly educated) read your posts, and all he wanted to say was ....

"GET OFF MY SIDE" \:D \:D

#275047 - 11/30/04 04:36 PM Re: MNF
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

I think Terrell Owens is to blame... Is this not where this all started ??

In summery... Monday night football causes single mothers who can't breast feed in public so they marry a guy that beats them up. ( Not really but pretty darn close if you read the past posts)

Sound silly ??? Your right !!! it is but thats where its at.. who or how it got there is anyones guess.

#275050 - 11/30/04 05:54 PM Re: MNF
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

AuntyM... My wife would pound me stupid if I were to disagree with you on that !!!! She gets pretty wound up about those types of things. I asked her on the phone today if she thought that women who choose men that batter them knew in advance that it would turn out that way.... She said.. " I don't think they know it at the time because they are blinded by love but people around them can see it from the very start if they pay attention ".. Thats not a Phd talking thats just another woman who has seen a lot in her life.

So, she brings up the example of a guy I used to work with. He was a strange dude... total control freak. One day he did not show up for work. Our boss called his house and his wife said he ran off with all their money and would not be comming back. Long story short, they found him in the crawl space under their house two weeks later. She shot him six times while he was asleep. She said that it was because he had threatend to kill her " again".. All the other people at work were shocked... but I was not really surprized.. little things about him screamed wife beater ( always berating women behind their backs, always talking down to them ).. In the end, she is out at the Pen because she could have left at any time. She got 25 - life and I believe that he really did what she said. She did some interviews talking about the experiance. She said it was worth it being in prison and him being dead. She stated that know one knows how much fear a man can put in your head while he is pulling your hair with a gun in your ear while stuffing your head into the kitchen floor.. pretty graphic stuff. His family wanted her to get the death penalty.. There has been some speculation about her getting out sooner.

#275051 - 11/30/04 06:01 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

BW,

"Your responce was to slam them an call it a small minority, and say they could tell if a male was going to become an abusive husband."

Care to point out what I said? If thats a slam then so be it. I said there are very predicitive test that point to behavior types based on regressive analysis models. They can be admisistered by non professionals and results given and interpreted. Marriage and family counselors that are not PHd's use them so do many business and the military. Personality profiles have been widely used for 40 years.
Anyone getting married without one or several and a years worth of counseling is foolish IMHO.

Like is said you paint with too large of brush. and when someone gives an example of how you are not correct you just blow over it.

Blow it up is more like it.

":You know just for fun I had a conservitive friend here at work (who is also very highly educated) read your posts, and all he wanted to say was ....

"GET OFF MY SIDE" "

For some reason you and a few others here think that their is safety in numbers and that if more than 2 people here agree with you it makes you right and your point valid. Your point or lack of one stands on it's own merits or lack of . Have your highly intelligent conservative pal join the discussion if he wants to make a point.

My point stands that being a single mom is as preventable as aids. Refute it or walk.

#275054 - 11/30/04 06:25 PM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

Plop.......Plop.......Fizz......Fizz...oh what a relief it is......... \:D

#275055 - 11/30/04 06:36 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Most things in life are unless you are looking for wiggle room and someone to blame.
In every case of where there is a single mom you can trace it back to a choice except in the case of death or debilitating illness. Every single time and you cannot point to one case to refute it.

BTW not taking an action is a choice, ignorance to a cause is a choice.

#275057 - 11/30/04 07:07 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Domestic abuse potential can be predicted everytime . The signs are very apparent early in the relationship.
Choosing to have children when the signs are apparent only compounds the issue.

#275058 - 11/30/04 07:28 PM Re: MNF
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
I hear they're going to be build a new shelter in Seattle for lightly battered women.
-----------------------------------------------------------

It's called the 'Tempura House'. \:D

#275059 - 11/30/04 07:54 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

I have been in the risk management field most of my career. My team can build a Regression analysis outcomes based model that can predict human behavior of almost any type. The primary reason that people are so predicable is that 99.9% of all humans are unable to compartmentalise their behaviors. Meaning they cross all areas of their lives. We have data banks full on human behaviors and billions of outcomes of different behaviors to mathmatically formulate models. You can ask as few as 9 and as many as 100 questions and pattern a persons behavior with less than a 1/10 of 1% error rate. It's how insurance companies, banks,credit card companies, the govt and many other industries and organizations assess risk. Big brother has been around along time and you are measured by it everyday unless you live in a cave.

#275061 - 11/30/04 07:59 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Envy is a terrible thing.

#275063 - 11/30/04 09:54 PM Re: MNF
Spartan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Little Susitna River
YAWN!!!!

To the tune of "Just keep swimming" sung by Dori in Finding Nemo.

#275064 - 11/30/04 11:01 PM Re: MNF
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Aunty I agree 100% on the breast feeding deal. Give me a breast any day over a bottle.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#275066 - 12/01/04 03:49 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

It's envy here is the proof. You where you where born to be a hideous beast with no means but you choose to remain uneducated to do nothing with your life more than to act like a man on a web site dominated by men. An absolute horror and failure of a woman. I know some real ugly or fat women that at least got an education and did something with their life besides latch onto a man and then pretend to be one on a web site in their old age.

#275067 - 12/01/04 04:21 PM Re: MNF
BW Offline
Spawner

You know what, that was uncalled for. Here is hoping you are not long for this web site.

#275068 - 12/01/04 04:27 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

BW,

I could respect your opinion if you had a similar reaction to posts where she personally attacked me. I have not responded to her insults for over 90 days to see if she would quit . She CHOSE to continue. I have said my peace now I am done with her for good.

#275070 - 12/01/04 05:37 PM Re: MNF
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
You where you where born to be a hideous beast with no means but you choose to remain uneducated to do nothing with your life more than to act like a man on a web site dominated by men.
TK Nice sentence. Was that English? Yes, that Aunty sure is an uneducated dope. You sure showed her.

Game over. Aunty won.

#275071 - 12/01/04 05:59 PM Re: MNF
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Hey Dave it passed Word spell and grammar check \:D Hey your vote really means alot btw it really will tear me up for quite a while

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1426 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |