Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#276046 - 01/07/05 12:39 PM Re: Liberals love America
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
TK-

You just said almost the same thing I said, then put a right wing spin on it and skipped the question I asked you.

I don't agree with all the Crap that the Pundits blow from either side.. I also don't like the fact that both sides try and make every single issue a opertunity to somehow trash the other side..

I am a democrate.... Is Rush Limbaugh a "better American than I am"... Does he love America more than I do ????

I don't live in a Box.. I can see whats going on and make up my own mind whats best in my eyes for this country.. I am not alone in my thinking.. Am I ruining America...

Fact is, you and I are what makes America great. If one side was to finally somehow "win" the debate this country would be a total pile of crap.. Checks and balances..Its the American way.. Maybe not in your eyes... This country was not built around what Rush, Ann or Bill say.. But around real people with real values.

#276047 - 01/07/05 01:17 PM Re: Liberals love America
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Old Farmer

An old farmer in Kansas had owned a large farm for several years.

He had a large pond in the back, fixed up nice; picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some apple and peach trees The pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built.
One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket to bring back some fruit. As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end of the pond. One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!"

The old man frowned and grumbled, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked." Holding the bucket up he said, "I'm here to feed the alligator."

Moral: Old age and cunning will triumph over youth and enthusiasm every time.

#276048 - 01/07/05 01:39 PM Re: Liberals love America
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
BRun,

Here is an example of the 50% of the people claim you make . Gay marriage. A big issue in the election. One could say that 48% of the people supported it because they voted for Kerry. Yet in every state that has had it on a ballot it failed by no less than 70% of the vote. Even in Blue Calif. Every poll shows it would fail nationwide by that margin or more. Gays make up less than 5% of the us population. No legal scholar has ever been able to even come close to making a case of discrimination Re gay marriage. Why do the dems push it as an issue. Why is less than 5% of the population and such an un popular issue so much in the media, entertainment etc.?

#276049 - 01/07/05 01:45 PM Re: Liberals love America
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Dems did not push it as an issue.. Gays push it as an issue.. last I knew there are gays in both partys... But hey, your still avoiding answering the questions I asked you.

#276050 - 01/07/05 01:47 PM Re: Liberals love America
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

BRun,

Your questions are moot as I never said anything about how America should be run or how any individual should think. I spoke in general terms.

#276051 - 01/07/05 01:55 PM Re: Liberals love America
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Yet.. when other people speak in general terms as in " half of America does not agree with you " You scramble around and try and prove that wrong.... You only want to address issues on your terms....

Are you a better American than I am ???? or is that moot also.

#276052 - 01/07/05 02:30 PM Re: Liberals love America
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Brun,

It's easier to address the facts Re 48% of the voters. It's not as easy to address an emotional question like who is the better American. I do not know you. I do feel however that a blend of moderate conservativism and moderaste liberalism make the best citizens. I think that just off the center to the extreme on both sides make poorer citizens. If you fit in one of those boxes more power too ya!

#276053 - 01/07/05 03:31 PM Re: Liberals love America
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
So how about a liberal that fought in two wars and lost his left in service to his country. Is he not a good citizen?

#276054 - 01/07/05 03:46 PM Re: Liberals love America
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

BW.. Guys like that are called heros. And we have alot of them around us, and they are from both sides of the line.

#276055 - 01/07/05 03:50 PM Re: Liberals love America
BW Offline
Spawner

Thats my point. And thanks, I'm pretty proud on him myself.

#276056 - 01/07/05 05:13 PM Re: Liberals love America
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Brun,

How about the guy that fought in two wars and then came home a slaughtered his family in a drunken rage? Beats his wife and kids Is he a good citizen?Good citizenship is a combination of yesterday and today and tomorrow. It's not a blank check for past deeds.

I could attack the substance of Couter’s article. As 4-Salt and KK point out, there’s no shortage of target material. She is clever or shrewd, but she uses that talent to take material out of context, employ vitriol, name calling, personal attacks, sarcasm, and never makes a reasoned analysis. Personally, I don’t think her material is worth my time.

Salmo,

"I shouldn’t have responded the way I did" But you did because you are male before you are a lib and thats how men discuss women when they are talking with each other.

You and everyone else claims they can refute Ann's points but I have yet to see one point addressed.

#276057 - 01/07/05 05:32 PM Re: Liberals love America
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

TK-

I answered BW's question as it was asked.. I did not say that all vets were fantastic people. He was not talking about a guy who came home and killed his family in a drunken rage. He asked what you would call a liberal who had done that for his country..

I got the impression he was talking about his father.. And I am proud of that man regardless of his political stance.

#276058 - 01/07/05 05:43 PM Re: Liberals love America
BW Offline
Spawner

I was.

Tk, we can sub moderate conservetive in there also. Would he be a good citizen after sloughtering his family? \:\(

Being a good citizen is more than politics

#276059 - 01/07/05 06:00 PM Re: Liberals love America
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

BW,

The thread is about politics " Liberals love America..." forgive me for being on topic \:D

#276060 - 01/07/05 06:15 PM Re: Liberals love America
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

TK,

You err when you say why I did something. It would be nice if you’d get over yourself, just a bit. You don’t know why I, or others, believe as we do, behave as we do, or make the statements we do, except to the extent I and they explain them here. I can agree it’s not nice to make sexist remarks about Ann Coulter, but if I was going to (as I did), she would be my favorite target because she is both good looking and has a most offensive mouth.

Yes, you don’t see 4-Salt, KK, or I taking Ann to task point by point and refuting them, or explaining how her statements aren’t applicable, and so forth. Perhaps you didn’t read the part of my post indicating that I don’t think her material is worth my time. The amount of time I would give Ann Coulter has nothing to do with her politics. Sorry, I just can’t seem to discuss her and not say something sexist.

Sincerely, the chauvinist,

Salmo g.

#276062 - 01/07/05 06:31 PM Re: Liberals love America
BW Offline
Spawner

I understand that TK. But check this out

Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and its conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.
Andrew Jackson

I would say that as long as your politics are not trying to over throw the government they have very little to do with how good of citizen you are.

Wow my first cut and paste. Look out everyone \:D

#276063 - 01/07/05 07:30 PM Re: Liberals love America
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Rory,

I'd rather post my own opinion, rather than C&P some talking head's opinion.

And I won't C&P some "conservative" 's opinionion and claim that's how all "conservatives" think.

All liberals don't think alike, and neither do all conservatives. So why pretend they do?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#276064 - 01/07/05 07:43 PM Re: Liberals love America
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Salmo,

Wow get over your own self. I bet Ann could walk into any TV station,News paper, publishing house govt. or coprorate office sell out huge venues for speeches anywhere in the nation and talk about any subject. But she is not worth your time. If you called the Seattle Times to talk about anything would they listen?

BTW she smokes . I have trouble respecting anyone that smokes because they do not respect themselves. She is an interesting read from time to time.

#276065 - 01/07/05 09:19 PM Re: Liberals love America
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
C'mon, tk.......you can admit it.

She's about as interesting as watching grass grow.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#276066 - 01/07/05 10:56 PM Re: Liberals love America
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
I'd like to see Ann Coulter and Maureen Dowd mud wrestle.

That's also what I think of their musings.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |