Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#279409 - 08/11/05 12:12 AM PEAK OIL!
fogswamp Offline
Fry

Loc: Wa.
Just curious whar everyones take on this is, alot of info on the web. Input, thoughts, consequences etc. FS

#279410 - 08/11/05 09:46 AM Re: PEAK OIL!
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
If you were an oil man, the president of the usa and you understood the consequences of peak oil production what might you do?

Steal %16 of the world's remaining oil reserves thereby nullifying Chinas claim to them?

Good plan if your an oil man....

....and a douchebag.

#279412 - 08/11/05 04:29 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
Peak into the librium bottle and see if there are any left. ;\)

#279413 - 08/11/05 06:34 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
“Well, we've got good relations with a lot of members of OPEC. If the president does his job, the president will earn capital in the Middle East, and the president should have good standing with those nations. It's important for the president to explain, in clear terms, what high energy prices will not only do to our economy, but what high energy prices will do to the world economy.”

Presidential Candidate George W. Bush
January 26, 2000

“I think the president ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say, ‘We expect you to open your spigots.’ … The president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price.”

February 2, 2000

“I would work with our friends in OPEC to convince them to open up the spigot, to increase the supply. … Use the capital that my administration will earn, with the Kuwaitis or the Saudis, and convince them to open up the spigot.”

June 28, 2000

“We're dependent upon crude. … I would hope the administration would convince our friends in OPEC to open the spigots.”

June 22, 2000

#279414 - 08/11/05 06:52 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

OPEC production is at a 25 year high. The rest of the worlds production is flat. Demand is at an all time high. This = high prices. I do suppose it's easier to blame it on GW and get a standing ovation in this crowd.

#279415 - 08/11/05 07:09 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Demand is at an all-time high, yet OPEC only produces enough to justify $65 a barrel, not MAXIMUM output.

I do suppose it's easier to believe OPEC and bushco aren't in it for maximum profit, thus remaing to look clueless in this crowd.

#279416 - 08/11/05 07:14 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Warning!!!! conspiracy theroy alert!!! an old tired conspiracy threory is thrown out in place of a valid point, clue, inkling of what is really taking place.

How would OPEc move the oil if it bumped to max capacity there brainiac. How would it get refined? Where is the bulk of the refining done captian clueless?

#279418 - 08/11/05 11:14 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Wailuku Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Portland
It's amazing how many neocons need sparkly helmets!

It must get difficult pretending to be right all the time. Or always professing to have the right opinion while everyone else regardless of rationale are either doing drugs or are bleeding heart liberals.

Fortunately there are enough people in this world that live with their eyes open and are able to discern a little bit of reality out of the BS tossed to them daily. Sadly many are unable to see through what is being told to them either on TV or through "articles/books" they read. Claiming to read x amount of books or x amount of articles does nothing more than provide evidence to those with brains that your reading for comprehension level is very very low....

The best is the claim that there is only ONE TRUE way for correct Biblicle interpretation. I seem to remember a few rocket scientists in Guyana drinking cool aid thinking the exact same thing... But hey, if you like cool aid who am I to stop you! (oops there I go bashing Christians, how typical)

How bout the time Senor sparkly helmet claimed that if you believe you married your best friend then you are really just hiding from unresolved issues. Because we all know men and women cannot be best friends and if they are well, one of em must be gay.

I'm sure there will be attempts to nuke me now especially seeing as how I paraphrased a lot, as the thought of searching for quotes from prior posts of sir Sparkly Helmet seemed nauseating.

So forgive the paraphrasing and I will promise to stop teasing the retard. Do you think his parents told him the Sparkly Helmet was a crown hence the moniker?? OOOOOOOOOO I just thought of another conspiracy theory........

#279419 - 08/12/05 12:08 AM Re: PEAK OIL!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Poor Elvis; never could follow a conversation. Maybe counseling would help. Oh, that's right... never mind.

#279420 - 08/12/05 11:21 AM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Am,

Could you find an older document? The releveance of 2001 statistics today is what. I could pull up some 1973 docs that show the relative cost of gas is not as high today as it was then what purpose would that serve? Knock Knock! Oil companies are in the business for profit.

You all have to make up your minds which conspiracy theory you want to run with. The it's dick Cheney's war to make Haliburton rich or the GW war to make the oil companies rich theory. The peak oil theory does not cut it because that would mean its based on supply and demand not "the man" Pulling the puppet strings.

#279422 - 08/12/05 11:48 AM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Am,

If you call the SOR , World wide demand expanding and all worldwide output but OPEC flat minor adjustments then you would be a fool. The world laughs when the lower and middle class of the US whines.

#279424 - 08/12/05 01:06 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Seems the neocons have forsaken capitalism and are now disciples of corporate welfare and government sanctioned profiteering.

#279425 - 08/12/05 01:36 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Jamie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland
Harley,

I think you're right on the money here.

BTW, they tried this in Italy and Germany in the thirties and it worked great for them too(until it didn't ;\) )

#279427 - 08/12/05 02:35 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

"The world situation has much less impact on our price at the pump than the actions of US owned oil companys to decrease refined supply by unethical practices."

Lets say for arguments sake that all of your points are valid. What effect has the increased production of OPEC to 25 year highs have? What impact does the price of crude doubling have? Where do you suppose the oil companies are putting all the excess OPEC produced oil, in swimming pools, because OPEC is being paid for it?

It stinks of the same consipracy theory that GE and other companies profited from the Vietnam war etc. etc. etc.

Sure OPEC and the oil companies are profiting. Who cares and who has a gun to your head saying you have to do business with them?

#279429 - 08/12/05 02:55 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

That is the big problem with Peak oil it is built on a static model. The economy is a dynamic entity and there are balancing effects that will take place. Some have already started to take place. People are switching vehicles, driving less, adjusting their personal spending etc. etrc. etc. Economists predict the real effects will take place closer to $4 a gallon. A lot will happen between now and then. If you could predict even one of them you could be very wealthy indtead of disgruntled and looking at the glass as half full. But then you could not be a liberal and what would the neighbors think.

#279431 - 08/12/05 04:17 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

AM.

Never said peak oil ws a conspiracy theory. I said it ws built on a static model. The same model mechanics used to predict human population growth years ago. The same model that said there would be 15 billion people on earth today. I read your crapola but it is usually biased to meet your agenda of bashing bush. You lose all reason with that hate. There are at least several hundred sources that debunk peak oil and shoot your Bush and his buddies war for oil conspiracy theory right in the head. It's easier to pander lies to fuel your hate than to reason.

#279433 - 08/12/05 06:00 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

The conspiracy theory alert cam into play when Harley blamed it on Bush. I made no direct mention of Peak oil being a conspiracy theory. You will twist it to your needs so I will leave it there.
How would dicussing Peak oil make someone a liar? Sure lots of people talked about Peak oil when the theory was first launched. There is in fact a cross over point where available oil is less. Where Peak oil falls down is when it will happen and how substitue energy sources will come on line. You could drive a truck through their economic model and assumptions. Todays oil prices prove it.

#279435 - 08/12/05 06:48 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

AM,
I know you like the readers digest version so you can digest it and crap it back out in the time it takes to drop a deuce. This one will take a little work so pull up a Stool. Pun intended.

First you have to have the discussion about the origin of oil. Peak oilers belive it to originate from dead plants and animals. 60 years of research says that is not true.

http://www.csun.edu/~vcgeo005/Energy.html

Some big words in here be careful ;\)

#279436 - 08/12/05 07:15 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Interesting read.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#279438 - 08/12/05 07:25 PM Re: PEAK OIL!
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Wikepedia is not a resource. It is a web site that anyone can add any information.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |