Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#283882 - 11/17/05 06:58 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Moe the Sleaze Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: The Boardwalk, on the way to S...
Sorry to make light about this dark issue. Upon reflection, it occurs to me that we have a chance right now, as world leaders, to make the right call and set the standards we want future generations to live by. Let's not blow it people!

#283884 - 11/18/05 01:41 AM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everwet WA
Physically violent, abusive, torture along the lines of Abu Ghraib is disturbing I agree; on the other hand injecting a prisoner with Sodium Pentothal to extract extremely accurate information does not fit the outright description of torture to me.

As a side note, I reacall from my last surgery Sodium Pentothal was actually a pretty good buzz until the lights went out. If I were being interrogated I don't think I would have a problem with that.

#283887 - 11/18/05 10:27 AM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
Listening to liberals is torture KK and that does not seem to bother you \:D

#283889 - 11/18/05 10:43 AM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

I agree with you on torture. I watched a ex CIA guy last night and he said you want to get in their head and torture stops that process.

My Grandpas on both sides where both in the S Pacific in WWII. Both bad situations that effected them all their lives. They said they would never take a prisoner and never be taken prisioner. So I guess I was raised with that mentality.

#283897 - 11/18/05 11:40 AM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

#283898 - 11/18/05 01:18 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

I think the key here is that interrogation and torture are not the same thing.

Personally I would rather endure shock devices on the genitals than be naked in the same room with Pfc. Lyndie England.

#283901 - 11/18/05 03:58 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

We don't do the rendition we farm it out to other countries.

#283902 - 11/18/05 04:15 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
We don't do the rendition we farm it out to other countries.
That is correct; we outsource this to the Egyptians.

Now your going to get me going on outsourcing again; this morning while canceling some plane tickets I bought for my folks (dad just got over pneumonia and out of the hospital) my call was diverted to a help desk in ... yep you guessed it Bangalore, India.

Try explaining the concept of flight/travel insurance to someone who barely understands English. Try explaining why my financial data (CC #’s and SSI ) is sitting in a database somewhere I never expected, or wanted, it to be.

From now I am going to start making my reservations directly with the airline and say goodbye to Orbitz.

#283903 - 11/18/05 04:18 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

I think most airlines offer the lowest fares on their web sites now guaranteed. I bet it still ends up in bangalore anyhow.

#283904 - 11/18/05 04:34 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I couldn't take this thread seriously after reading TK's first post in it. He feels compelled to tell us he's never lost a fight, apparently because he's willing to fight dirty. What a class act. Hey, TK, why don't you fill us in on the number of fights you actually fought and won, with your win at any cost strategy? Your "ring" career seems like suitable entertainment for the BB.

#283905 - 11/18/05 05:15 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

SG,
Whats a dirty fight. I thought you would have at least had to have been in one to know?

I grew up in a place and time where fist fighting was a respectable pastime. You learned it at a young age. Even at school you where allowed to go out back and settle things. Usually with the PE teacher as the ref.

As far as the ring I was undefeated in "smokers" They where like tough man contests and held in bars in Moscow and Courdelane, Lewiston Idaho back in the 70's early 80's. You paid $5 to$10 bucks a head and got to go 2 rounds at a time with people in you own weight class first then moved up if you wanted. Winner usualy got a couple of $100. You had to wear gloves and then they got soft and made people start wearing head gear. You where usually pretty drunk by the time the last fight rolled around. You almost always ended up with some shiat faced local logger type that was fat with a face as hard as a post.
It was an easy way to make beer money and helped finance quite a few fishing and hunting trips.

I think the most memorable ones however where around Apple cup time. No shortage of purple and goldie locks boys that would take umbrage to a little Cougar baiting. There was a bar called the Roanoke Inn that was a pretty fertile scraping ground after the game. Or you could go into any frat party and show some crimson and grey for a little action.

The toughest guy I ever faced was a Mexican in Wenatchee during Apple blossom. He was maybe 140-150lbs. He was fast. He broke my cheek bone and it swelled up about the size of a softball in about a minute. Pissed me off. I can still feel it to this day when I sneeze.

#283906 - 11/18/05 05:59 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
fist fighting was a respectable pastime
Knuckle-draggin' Hemingway wannabe. King o' da Trailer Park. Imagine such a tough guy that requires 16+ years of professional mental help to keep his marriage together.

#283907 - 11/18/05 06:02 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

I know your mommy taught you better GH Just like she taught you the proper way to put up a pony tail.

#283908 - 11/18/05 06:04 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

TK, slap fests between really feminine men don't count.

#283909 - 11/18/05 06:09 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

I dont think anyone asked about your expiriences Stlhd.

#283911 - 11/20/05 12:01 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
FishBear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western Washington
Geez, what was I missing? I was running around Moscow in the mid 70's and I never saw anything like that. Maybe I was going to the wrong bars and frats. All we were after were some friendly college women and some Coors back in them days... not a busted cheek bone.

I do remember seeing a lot of the locals over there though... something right outa the Happy Days show with the white (sorta) wife beater T-shirts and the cigs rolled up into one of the sleeves, greezy hair and hangin' at the drive-in. It was like the clock was still or something.

George W. Bush

#283912 - 11/21/05 11:17 AM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

More TK BS. Besides, he equates fighting with boxing which couldn't be more different. Boxing has rules and a ref. You don't hear too many boxers talk about being gay all the time either. Maybe it's that closeness he dreams about?

#283913 - 11/21/05 11:28 AM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Fishbear,
In Moscow they where held at Ratz usually on wed or thursday nights once a month.

Salmonsalar, I don't have to keep track of your posts to teach young men how not to act. The area is loaded with your types. I think they are calling them Metrosexuals or modern males. I just call them effeminate.

#283914 - 11/21/05 11:57 AM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Emil Griffth was a gay boxer Stlhd. He killed a guy in the ring as well. Ask me anything about boxing history Pre 1995.

I will be hunting Brown bear in Alaska with a longbow for my 50th birthday. How many of you will be sitting on a tour bus with all the old ladies touring wine country for yours?

#283915 - 11/21/05 03:29 PM Re: Extraordinary Rendition
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Probably those of us that don't feel a need to continuously prove our masculinity to someone, and those of us that actually enjoy spending time with the person we married outside of a counselor's office.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (20 Gage), 209 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645462 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |