THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#286790 - 01/02/05 06:10 PM How many rods do you own?
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Today I was the recipient of the covited eye-roll as my wife repeated the price of my new GLX in that special high pitched tone I've grown so fond of. I explained to her that it should not matter what it cost as it was my money anyway. The analogy made perfect sence to me, but it seemed to make a tenuous subject even worse. Go figure.

So, I appeal to ya'll. Am I really as "out of control" as my beloved asserts? I lined up every rod in my possession for a total of 22. The kids rods shouldn't count but I included them.

Gimme your count and get me off the hook. ;\)

#286791 - 01/02/05 06:19 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Sol: I think you definitely need a few more. I have a total of 43, but that includes several that I keep only for sentimental reasons, like my old yellow eagle Claw I bought in 1968. Besides think how much some guys waste on cigarettes, booze and other stuff that’s not good for ya like fishing is.

#286792 - 01/02/05 07:07 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
As of yesterdays count, 21 in the garage, 8 that I leave at the resort I work at in Ak. and 2 that are on loan that I may or may not ever see again.

#286793 - 01/02/05 07:18 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Starfish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Richland, WA
Ooh, I forgot about the couple that are out on long-term loan. Counting those, it's about 39... only about 35 of them currently have reels though.

Probably only about 20 see any kind of routine use.

I guess a better question would be, how many of the rods actually caught at least one fish last year? I think it's sixteen or seventeen, not counting two that died in the line of duty after accounting for some salmon this year.

#286794 - 01/02/05 07:18 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
win2run Offline
Alevin

Loc: up
Tell your beloved wife that every angler needs plenty of rod and reels for different set-ups,lures,presentations, and other gear .Your a little on the short side of rods!!!As of my last count,I own 56 rods and 40 reels.

#286795 - 01/02/05 07:21 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
linebacker53 Offline
Smolt

I'm low the list with just 11 that I can use. Have lots of parts for that might need a part thing.

#286796 - 01/02/05 07:26 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
looks like enough for you but what if you took a guest that didn't have a rod. you need more
i lost count at 32 rods 27 reels but i have four more reels coming from ebay

#286797 - 01/02/05 07:34 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
One thing I have learned over the years is when the wife says you have too many, you have too many. Fortunately for me though, she reserves the right to change her mind from time to time, like when there is a fabric sale coming up. But my feeling is that anyone who keeps his garage as neat and tidy as you do definately deserves as many rods and reels as he desires. You could obviously use a few more fly rods. ;\)
My problem is that I am not nearly as neat, therefore I have no clue how many rods I have squirreled away in the barn, my office, the closets, the workshop, the camper or the spare bedroom; not to mention the collectibles hanging in one room or another. But I am sure I've got at least 4 of those yellow Eagle Claw rods in one place or another. But hey, whose counting?
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#286798 - 01/02/05 07:35 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Between my salt and fresh gear I have 12. Clearly I have not been doing a good enough job buying rods for each specific application.

There's my new years resolution for ya.

#286799 - 01/02/05 08:34 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

this got me to thinking just how many i got.. so i went looking through the house and shed and i came up with 47 useable rods...

mainly region 6

#286800 - 01/02/05 08:36 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Fishinnut Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe, Washington
My guess is between 40 and 50. SHHHHH!!! You guys gotta keep em in separate rooms, boat, and garage. This way they can never tell how many you really have. A new rod was ALWAYS in the spare bedroom!
Join the Puget Sound Anglers Sno-King Chapter. Meets second Thursday of every month at the SCS Center, 220 Railroad Ave. Edmonds, WA 98020 at 6:30pm Two buildings south of the Edmonds Ferry on the beach.

#286801 - 01/02/05 09:21 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
OPfisher Offline
The Golden Boy

Loc: wa/ak
not enough...but I will have two for everything I can think of someday

http://www.olympicpeninsulaoutfitters.net/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Olympic-Peninsula-Outfitters/

#286802 - 01/02/05 09:52 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Index Hooker Offline
Smolt

Loc: index
i got right around 20.

but i need some new ones and have some old one that should go.

fish till it hurts. then fish more.

born 2 row.

#286803 - 01/02/05 10:13 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Fortunately, I've been good good at getting rid of the ones I no longer use or are just plain junk.

So ... including the couple of kiddie's rods in this picture and the three already stashed in my golf bag for our upcoming trip, this would be exactly 50 on hand ready to go:

I think I have 15 more in AK storage that I use only there.

Oh yeah, three more on order from TH right now \:\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#286804 - 01/02/05 10:30 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
TH Offline
Spawner

Loc: Coos Bay, OR
You'd think the owner of a custom rod building company would own a ton of rods??? NOT
I have 20-30 special rods that I would never sell, most have really good stories from past trips or were experimental models/types...

I currently have 11 here at the house.. but I have another 100 at the shop.. it's just a matter of what I need on any given trip!

Dad and I are always joking "you can't get attached to any single rod" they come and go too fast, especially these days!
www.thcustomrods.com
541-260-9991

#286805 - 01/02/05 10:40 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Thank goodness my wife had a couple of garage sales the last two years and got rid of about 40 or so.

Did a quick count and I still have 55 out in the shop.

Looks like I need to go shopping for some new ones soon.

fp

#286806 - 01/02/05 10:44 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Beerman Offline
Parr

Loc: Dupont
I tend to be very generous when getting new people involved in fishing, so I often donate an old rod and reel to the cause. That said, I currently have 7 bait casters, 6 spinning, 8 fly rods and 3 bottom fishing rods for a total of 24. I still feel as if I need a few more.

#286807 - 01/02/05 11:00 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I don't know for sure...estimating, due to my laziness to go out to the garage...

Steelhead/Salmon rods:

Six baitcasters, all with reels, and I think four additional baitcasting reels (backups).

Three flyrods (don't get much use).

Two spinning rods (also get very little use).

Trout/Bass/etc:

Two baitcasters, three spinning rods, three flyrods.

Saltwater/Bottomfish:

Three more rods with reels (two baitcasters and one spinning).

Looks like a total of 22, give or take...there are also a few random rods that never get used just laying around.

No snoopy rods in my garage...maybe next year?

I'm really tough on my steelhead rods, so with a couple exceptions, they don't stack up...they get used hard and replaced.

My flyrods stick around forever, as they only see the outside of the garage once or twice per year each.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#286808 - 01/02/05 11:23 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
SWEET!!!!! The way this shakes out I figure I'm a few rods shy. \:D

At a minimum I seem to fall in about the middle of the pack. You guys with only 10 or so are making the rest of us look bad, however, so you best get to buyin'. ;\)

#286809 - 01/02/05 11:32 PM Re: How many rods do you own?
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
Well, I just got back from the garage after seeing this post and I have a total of 22 rods. However, I fish for Walleye, Smallmouth, Trout, Steelhead, Salmon, and halibut. So spreading those rods out among all of these fisheries I feel that my collection is very reasonable and there is room for many more.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 376 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |