THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288472 - 01/20/05 04:26 PM Re: Skok fishermen and hunters Be warned.
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I asked the shooting question after my house (Queen Anne) was broken into for the second time.
The policeman said the same thing as (shoot I forget now Steely D?). If you are going to shoot em make sure they are dead. If they don't have a weapon put a kitchen knife in their hand.
Never shoot a teenager.
Never shoot an intruder in the back.
That said I don't even keep a gun upstairs anymore...I've got a five year old and it's just not worth it. All of the guns are in the safe in the basement.
So while I say I'd shoot an intruder it would be tough to do with the guns locked up.

#288473 - 01/20/05 04:29 PM Re: Skok fishermen and hunters Be warned.
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I'd still like this guys phone number to call and say hi.

#288474 - 01/20/05 04:38 PM Re: Skok fishermen and hunters Be warned.
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Orygun
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoglander:
maybe you should consider not getting the police involved should something like this happen again. Maybe you could handle these matters personally when you or your loved ones are wronged. Maybe if you send someone to the hospital and you only (if at all) go to jail you might be satified in these matters. Maybe by not going to the police to begin with you have kept options open. Maybe if he can get away with this with witnesses around in broad daylight, maybe you should think about what you might be able to do at the right place and the right time with a cool calculated head. It's just an idea and a little food for thought. Good luck and I wish you the best problem free hunting in the future.

Hoglander
WOW!!!!

Now I don't know you personaly. And since the only clue to your actual intent in posting the above quote lie in the 3 times you have posted over the preceding year. And, you haven't seen fit to put any personal data on your profile. I can only say that, judging by your last post, you are just about the perfect example of what the "Brady Bunch" would consider to be a "Gun Nut". Am I close?
Attitudes like the one you show in your post can only lead to grief for all involved. "Don't involve the police, take matters into your own hands". What kind of crazy talk is that?
I happen to own quite a few guns. I also believe in the rights of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms without interference from the government. Emphasis here on law abiding. But, dude, if ever there were to be a good reason for "gun control" , you would be it. Are you involved in a militia? Are you posting this from a compound in Idaho?
I can only hope that you are realy just some pre pubescent lurker posting that crap to get a kick or show off to his buddies. Cause if you are for real, I'll probably read about you in the news someday.
Oh and by the way AIX.
Just my $0.02
G

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

#288475 - 01/20/05 05:37 PM Re: Skok fishermen and hunters Be warned.
BennyBlack Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
That was some funny, but true, shiat Grumpyr.

"WOW!!!!"

I hunted out there today, in the same spot Aix got popped off at, and we had no problems with said assailant. It was crazy how close that guy's house was, and where he was shooting from at Aix and his kid. Mind blowing actually.

I think he's in a heap of shiat after this incident, and knows it.

#288476 - 01/20/05 10:21 PM Re: Skok fishermen and hunters Be warned.
Hoglander Offline
Alevin

I guess I only post what I feel strongly about. Mostly that would be family. Other than that I am a very mellow and logical person. I guess I'm the best friend worse enemy kind of guy yet I get along well with anyone and am very hard to anger or upset. I don't own any guns. I may perhaps feel I need a shortened shotgun at most when I get old if something bad happens but currently don't feel the need nor expect to in these situations discussed. There are other means that are less of a risk to the Innocent then blasting off rounds that could end up anywhere. I say that even as a trained shooter BTW. I fish and don't hunt. I've never had a speeding ticket(or parking) let alone been in any trouble. Why did I post what I posted..... because I feel and I care more than most when it comes to family. I know I'm over protective to a fault but having zero tolerance is something I'll NEVER regret no matter what could come of it, PERIOD. So don't even go there as I have discussed these things with the only ones that matter and the matter is closed. Don't try to understand it because that's just me I guess. I know that seems shocking these days but that's my story, since you asked.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 337 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |