Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#291160 - 02/10/05 03:48 PM Quinalt River Boat Ramps
2feathers Offline
Eyed Egg

Just wondering where the best boat ramps take outs are on the upper Quinalt river. If I was going to start at North Shore Road boat ramp, where would I take out at? Has anybody been up there fishing that might have a report?

#291161 - 02/10/05 05:26 PM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
K B Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Woodinville WA
anyone named 2feathers should be able to take out any place down river... it is all tribal land and that includes the lake

#291162 - 02/10/05 06:22 PM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
Stumpy Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
I've never seen a launch on the No. Shore road of the Quinault. There is a launch just below the bridge on So. Shore road. The only takeout I can think of is at the lake. You would have to row over to the Rain Forest resort. They don't have a ramp from what I could tell. I saw three guys dragging their boat over the grass at waters edge to their trailer.
The Quinault can have some nasty water. It changes after every high water. Scout it out before you commit. Tons of wood in the river.
Brian

#291164 - 02/10/05 06:59 PM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
The upper Q is very braided and dangerous for a driftboat. Good luck you'll need it. Bring a chainsaw.

#291165 - 02/11/05 01:25 AM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Driftwood is right on. Last year a certain guide was staging his quad to drag his driftboat around the log jam that blocked the main flow. Be careful. Oh yeah there are some really friendly people O'n \:D that river

Tight lines

Kevin

The rangers might be able to give you the heads up on any new major log jams

#291166 - 02/11/05 09:44 AM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
Get Bent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Vashon/Grayland
I wouldn't suggest it, I quit floating it about three years ago because of the jam mentioned above, you get into it and you can't get out if it's still as it was, that and the new water clarity issues. Probably one of the most scenic area of the OP especially after a fresh snow fall. Go up and spend a day banking as there's tons of bank access if your willing to do a little hiking.

#291167 - 02/11/05 05:04 PM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Used to be able to put in at the culvert hole on the north side.After lasts years high water it makes it hard to use any more.Taking out at the lake requires a 100' rope so that you do not drive on the grass.Oh and by the way I'm not worried about posting that guides name your all are most likely talking about, Hmmmm could it be O'neil.Real nice friendly piece of work.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#291168 - 02/11/05 07:33 PM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Nice strike \:D \:D .....Say hi to Brain for me this weekend.

#291169 - 02/12/05 03:04 AM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
OPfisher Offline
The Golden Boy

Loc: wa/ak
O'neil....lol

Watched ALOT of lumber comming down the river in that last big shot of rain we had

http://www.olympicpeninsulaoutfitters.net/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Olympic-Peninsula-Outfitters/

#291170 - 02/12/05 11:46 AM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
STRAWBERRY Offline
Smolt

Loc: Puyallup, Wash.
Who is this Oneil character?, seems like every time there is a thread about the upper Quinault this name comes up, I fish the upper Quinault occasionaly, I guess I have never ran into him.

#291171 - 02/14/05 12:46 AM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
Chrome Bright Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: State of Washington
If you know what's good for you, don't attempt to float the Quinault River above the lake by yourself. That section of the "Q" can be extremely dangerous even for those fishermen that consider themselves an expert with the oars. Just too much downed wood in the river and you can really get into severe trouble by getting "dead ended" if you take a wrong channel. My recommendation is to fish it by foot from the bank or hire an experieinced guide if you can find one. Check the local resorts for information. The upper river contains some beautiful steelhead water and it can produce quite well during the month of February. One word of advice - - - try to fish it right after a hard rain so you have a little color in the water. It tends to get crystal clear after a few days of no rain and the catching can be quite difficult under those circumstances.

Good luck,
Chrome Bright

#291172 - 02/15/05 04:26 PM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
2feathers Offline
Eyed Egg

Quote:
Originally posted by stam62:
I hear that one of the guides that works that upper river loves to give a helping hand to anyone that might want to give that run a try, I don't have a name but I'm sure if you manage to get on the river the same day as he is, and happen to get in front of him you'll be glad to let us know all about it.

I've been contemplating the same float myself, maybe in a couple of weeks. Keep us posted on what you find out.
I am going to head up and check it out myself. Sounds like everyone is scared. I have been bank fishing/hiking the Quinalt for about 8 years now, and have only drifted one or two times. Gonna take that boat anyway! Maybe we'll get lucky. I will keep an eye out for this "O'neil" character, he might be lucky enough to see me hook one!

#291173 - 02/15/05 05:52 PM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2feathers:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stam62:
I am going to head up and check it out myself. Sounds like everyone is scared. I have been bank fishing/hiking the Quinalt for about 8 years now, and have only drifted one or two times. Gonna take that boat anyway! Maybe we'll get lucky. I will keep an eye out for this "O'neil" character, he might be lucky enough to see me hook one!
Sounds more like folks with enough common sense to suggest you not drifting a dangerous section of water.

Hope you do have a safe float...and catch a few good'uns!

Mike

#291174 - 02/15/05 07:38 PM Re: Quinalt River Boat Ramps
2feathers Offline
Eyed Egg

Sounds more like folks with enough common sense to suggest you not drifting a dangerous section of water.

Hope you do have a safe float...and catch a few good'uns!

Mike [/QB][/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I will take it all into consideration!! Don't know if I will float but will try!!! Haven't ever had a boat to play on those rivers with before, maybe head to the Queets and give it a try!! Thanks for the warnings!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |