LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#298337 - 04/20/05 05:55 PM Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Shellfish Offline
Parr

Loc: Bellingham WA.
The WAR rages on over Clyde McBrayer's confirmation to the WDFW commission. Sportsmen made such an overwhelming display of support, contacting the 5 Senators who should have controlled the confirmation vote today, the commercial fishing associations, with the aid of the Senators in the commercial’s pockets, prepared an "illegal" end around play, that has the whole Senate confused. Remember, it's been YEARS since ANY commissioner has faced a confirmation hearing.
The hearing was conducted this afternoon. A quick vote failed to confirm Clyde.
Clyde's ready to continue fighting. ARE WE???
Now it goes to the Senate “Rules Committee”. The last best hope is to convince the members of that committee of the importance of keeping Clyde McBrayer on the commission. "He's the best person for the job", should be our cry!!!
Quickest means is to “copy” the following list and “paste” it to your e-mail ‘bcc’ to: line, then add the subject and a very short message.
PLEASE DO IT NOW !!

brown.lisa@leg.wa.gov
doumit.mark@leg.wa.gov
eide.tracey@leg.wa.gov
esser.luke@leg.wa.gov
finkbeiner.bill@leg.wa.gov
franklin.rosa@leg.wa.gov
fraser.karen@leg.wa.gov
haugen.marymargaret@leg.wa.gov
hewitt.mike@leg.wa.gov
honeyford.jim@leg.wa.gov
johnson.stephen@leg.wa.gov
kline.adam@leg.wa.gov
kohl-welles.jeanne@leg.wa.gov
parlette.linda@leg.wa.gov
regala.debbie@leg.wa.gov
spanel.harriet@leg.wa.gov
stevens.val@leg.wa.gov
thibaudeau.pat@leg.wa.gov
zarelli.joseph@leg.wa.gov

#298339 - 04/20/05 06:07 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Shellfish Offline
Parr

Loc: Bellingham WA.
......More directions, seems it only works to "copy" the list, and "paste" it to your e-mail 'cc' line, but that will get it to every member of the "rules" committee.
TIME IS SHORT !!!!

#298341 - 04/20/05 06:43 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
done

#298342 - 04/20/05 07:07 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
Mine is on the way! Keep the pressure on and lets really make people aware of the lengths that these handful of Senators will go to protect thier buddies and thier campaign contributions. Let everyone know that they are willing to sell the largest, most profitable segment of useres down the river for a few bucks in thier re-election bank account.

#298343 - 04/20/05 09:49 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Homer2handed Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: DEADWOOD
Done deal!

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VeLkiG2PPCrjzM:www.bunncapitol.com/cookbook[/img]

#298344 - 04/20/05 10:05 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
My e-mail is on the way.

Don't forget that you might also be speaking for your spouse, kids, grandkids and future WA recreational fishers who will benefit from Clyde's appointment to the Commission.

#298345 - 04/21/05 01:03 AM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
My lastest letter to my Senator Dave Schmidt and all the others on the list

It appears that the commercial fishermen and their supporters in the Senate are afraid of the Recreational sportsmen. We, the recreational sportsmen, have recently became more organized and informed in our decision making process. We are asking for our rights for a fair and just allocation of our natural resources.

Today there was a vote of no-confidence today from the Natural Resources, Ocean & Recreation committee for Clyde McBrayer. It Now it moves on to the Rules Committee for a vote.

Clyde is a honorable and very qualified individual, he is a great asset to the State of Washington. He is very fare and unbiased in his position on the WDFW commission, this makes him a target of those who are biased towards the commercial industries.

Governor Gov. Christine Gregoire recently replaced 5 of the WDFW commissioners, Clyde was not one of those 5, and yet the following Senators feel the need to have him removed from the commission.

Senator Bob Morton
Senator Val Stevens
Senator Dan Swecker
Senator Karen Fraser
Senator Jim Hargrove

Please help us confirm Clyde McBrayer.

Thank you once again.

J.R. Rogers

#298346 - 04/21/05 02:20 AM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Julia Offline
Fry

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Done too! Thank you for doing the work you guys!!

#298347 - 04/21/05 10:50 AM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Easy E Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washington
Done

#298348 - 04/21/05 03:43 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Mission complete.

#298349 - 04/21/05 04:43 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Sent to all. Let's keep our fingers crossed. If we win its another sign that united we can make a difference. If we lose we need to work even harder.

RFA All The Way!!!

#298350 - 04/21/05 05:34 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Word on the Hill right now is that Sen. Lisa Brown will not schedule a Rules Committee hearing to vote on Clyde, so unless his opponents can convince the entire Senate to take time off from the gas tax bill, the budget, and the gay marriage bill, it will die there in Rules, and we'll have prevailed.

This, of course, is tentative as of now, but looks to be where it is leaning.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#298351 - 04/21/05 08:01 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Concerned Sportsmen!

Your efforts to make your loyalty and commitment to WDFW Commissioner Clyde McBrayer known to the powers that be has been outstanding. Most likely tomorrow will be the last day that the effort to remove Clyde can go forward...one more day.

I just spoke with Clyde, and he asked me to pass on his thanks and appreciation to each and every one of you who have made a phone call or sent an e-mail (or made dozens of phone calls and sent hundreds of e-mails!). They have been a great help, and there are dozens of Senators in Olympia whose interest in fisheries and the WDFW Commission has been piqued due to the overwhelming support shown by the concerned sportsmen of Washington over the past few days.

Clyde would ask that we all now stand down, as everyone there has received dozens, if not hundreds, of phone calls and e-mails, and all are aware of the situation. Please allow the Senate to do their jobs tomorrow, dealing with all of the other important issues that our State's lawmakers have to deal with.

For now, please refrain from anymore e-mails and phone calls to the Washington Senate.

Tomorrow is the last day that the Senate can move on this, and if something happens that we all need to react to, someone, or more likely several people, will get the word out as soon as possible if there are groups or individuals in Olympia who need one last targeted e-mail or phone contacts.

Thank you all so much for your concern and assistance for Commissioner McBrayer this week...it has been a testament not only to the power of the internet, but also to the power of the sportsmen when we all act in a concerted effort to preserve and protect our fish and our fisheries.

All of us who have been in Olympia this week, but most especially Commissioner McBrayer, are very thankful for all of the support from the sportfishing community.

Stay tuned for more announcements and information...

Yours in service to the resource,

Todd Ripley
Vice President Political Affairs
The Wild Steelhead Coalition

#298352 - 04/22/05 12:56 AM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Kudos to everyoe who responded to the call and e-mailed and called there concerns in.
I am sure Bob Ozment and Will Roehl were solidly behind trying to get Clyde Removed. It just shows how much reach the commercials Have. I recieved several form e-mails back from senators saying they were supporting clyde so it just goes to show when we rise up and stand united we can get **** done.
It looks as if there is a sports fishing revolution which is starting and gaining momentum. I look forward to this kind of support in the future for other sportfishing endevors.

Peace
Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#298353 - 04/22/05 12:33 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Sent this message to each of the state senators before the request to be "non-offensive" went out. At least it wasn't profane!

Senators:

Please vote to confirm Clyde Brayer to the WDFW Commission when the opportunity arises. The present WDFW Commission is heavily biased towards the commercial/industrial users of this state's fisheries resources. The sorry state of WA fish and wildlife is the result of this bias, and incredibly poor management by Director Koenings. Save the no-confidence vote for Commission members Roehl and Ozment. Washington sportsmen/women, and the wildlife resources they cherish deserve a more balanced WDFW Commission.

Hope it helps bring some extra senatorial scrutiny to the WDFW Commission and the leadership at the WDFW. Thanks to everyone working to make a difference.

#298354 - 04/24/05 05:59 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
talljeeper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia
Superfly, could you post "clips" of the email responses you received so we can get a tone of the responses?

Has anyone else received replys?

Emails Sent

#298355 - 04/24/05 09:29 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The hearing was never scheduled in Rules by Sen. Brown, and the attempt to take it out of Rules and put it in front of the Senate today failed.

Clyde will remain a Commissioner.

Details will be released in the near future, perhaps next week.

Fish on...

Todd

#298356 - 04/25/05 12:37 AM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
fuzzy Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: port orchard
Quote:
Originally posted by talljeeper:

Has anyone else received replys?

Emails Sent
Thank you for your e-mail to Senator Oke with your concerns. I have
printed out your e-mail for him to read and consider.

Please continue to share your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Ronna Myles-Era
Legislative Assistant to Senator Oke
360-786-7650

after the thank you for support e-mail to oke

Thank you for your note of support, I have given your message to Senator
Oke to read.

Sincerely,

Ronna Myles-Era
Legislative Assistant to Senator Oke
360-786-7650

i don't know if my e-mails helped but i'm glad to see my local guy be on the ball

#298357 - 04/25/05 01:17 AM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
Oke understands the value of the recreational fisher. My Senator (Hargrove) doesn't seem to get it.

#298358 - 04/25/05 05:03 PM Re: Clyde NEEDS MORE HELP!!!!!
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
Zarelli sent me this

When the nomination comes up for confirmation I will be voting yes.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, DrifterWA), 1083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |