Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29941 - 08/30/06 04:35 PM bigfoot story thread
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
allright everyone...out with those bigfoot stories and sightings from your way backwoods fishing and hunting trips..... (having a hairy greek neighbor doesnt count as a bigfoot sighting)

personally ive never seen one, but i want to believe in it...

#29942 - 08/30/06 04:50 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
I've met this yokel from WV who flew all the way out here b/c he heard a rumor of BF sightings on Ft. Lewis. He begged & pleaded for access to sit out there in the bushes and seach which was denied, so then he screamed "cover-up!"

That logger dude from Randle who wore the monkey suit and walked along the Cispus River while his beer buddy filmed it with a Super-8 passed away awhile back. Im sure his kids & grandkids have some "sightings" to share.

smile
If you are a Sasquatch, click here:
WARNING! FOR SASQUATCHES ONLY!

http://zapatopi.net/bsa/militia/

#29943 - 08/30/06 04:57 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I'm with Salmo G.
Ichtyoid give it up man.

#29944 - 08/30/06 05:03 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I saw GutZ on the river once. Damn near thought it was BigFoot! He scared me. frown

#29945 - 08/30/06 05:06 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

believe in it its out there...

ok here we go this is a true story..one morning i went out to plunk a small river here in grays harbor.. i hiked down the trail to the river where i put my bucket down and started to rig up..it was still dark enough to only see a few yards.. since somebody tore the shack we had down we used a small tree as shelter we rigged up a tarp system and sat under it..since this was kinda out in know wheres ville i packed a Ruger 10/22 with me.. i had just finnished rigging up i grabbed my pole holder and rod with the net and i went to the rivers edge and put the net down and burried the pole holder in the ground..by this time it was light enough to see everything except behind the tree it was still dark up underneath it..as i was getting ready to cast my first bait of eggs in i heard a noise behind the tree as i realed around to see what it was i droped my rod and whipped the rifle around to see something moveing behind the tree.. at first i was thinking a deer or cyote but the limbs were moving way to high up for this so i moved to my right and i saw something standing big move away from the trees and into the thick brush and trees.. when i seen this i jumped over the edge of the bank and was ready to shoot, man i have never been so scared in my life.. i was lucky that i didnt land in the water cause the river was high and dirty..i sat there till it was very light out and i could see everything i walked back up to the tree and looked around couldnt tell what it was i saw..as the day wore on i manadge to walk back into the brush and other trees where i saw a limb on an alder tree that was broken high enough up that i would have had to get a good jump up to touch it..things didnt feel right the whole day i had the feeling something or somebody was watching..to this day i still say it was BIGFOOT..

mainly region 6

#29946 - 08/30/06 05:17 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Quote:
Originally posted by steely slammer:
believe in it its out there...

ok here we go this is a true story..one morning i went out to plunk a small river here in grays harbor.. i hiked down the trail to the river where i put my bucket down and started to rig up..it was still dark enough to only see a few yards.. since somebody tore the shack we had down we used a small tree as shelter we rigged up a tarp system and sat under it..since this was kinda out in know wheres ville i packed a Ruger 10/22 with me.. i had just finnished rigging up i grabbed my pole holder and rod with the net and i went to the rivers edge and put the net down and burried the pole holder in the ground..by this time it was light enough to see everything except behind the tree it was still dark up underneath it..as i was getting ready to cast my first bait of eggs in i heard a noise behind the tree as i realed around to see what it was i droped my rod and whipped the rifle around to see something moveing behind the tree.. at first i was thinking a deer or cyote but the limbs were moving way to high up for this so i moved to my right and i saw something standing big move away from the trees and into the thick brush and trees.. when i seen this i jumped over the edge of the bank and was ready to shoot, man i have never been so scared in my life.. i was lucky that i didnt land in the water cause the river was high and dirty..i sat there till it was very light out and i could see everything i walked back up to the tree and looked around couldnt tell what it was i saw..as the day wore on i manadge to walk back into the brush and other trees where i saw a limb on an alder tree that was broken high enough up that i would have had to get a good jump up to touch it..things didnt feel right the whole day i had the feeling something or somebody was watching..to this day i still say it was BIGFOOT..
Sounds like a Speckled Tree Octopus. Very rare....

....Or a bear that just got done foraging your shack for food that you flushed up a tree.

#29947 - 08/30/06 05:18 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Hatch Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
I saw one in Port Townsend once. It must have been in the rut though because it had a tie-dye t-shirt on and smelled like urine with a little hint of patchouli oil. Unfortunatley it disappeared in a VW bus before I could take a picture...

#29948 - 08/30/06 05:28 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
worktoFish, How long ago was that? I used ta hang out up there in my tie-dye and VW bus day's.

#29949 - 08/30/06 05:55 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Hatch Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
Quote:
Originally posted by Bucket:
worktoFish, How long ago was that? I used ta hang out up there in my tie-dye and VW bus day's.
I've been working in the land of self sustainable lifestyles for the last 5 years. I usually get a sighting or two in before the hibernation season starts after the first cold snap. There's nothing better than having your doors wide open when it's 26 degrees outside to air out a small office. For your sake I hope you've moved on and found soap in your life. smile

#29950 - 08/30/06 06:03 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
The true believers I know were in the Army with me at Ft Lewis. They claim.. that they had one walk right into a night ambush position that they had set up in the So Ranier training area.. It was a big deal.. they caught crap for weeks over it. To a man they will say " STFU.. YOU WERE NOT THERE MAN.. and if you were.. You would believe it too. Its a long story but after awhile and you can't get even one of them to fess up that is B.S ( and these guys were not what you call real tight buddies.. 3 black guys, two white boy pot heads a kid from Guam and a Mormon guy from Utah. )

#29951 - 08/30/06 06:40 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa

#29952 - 08/30/06 06:53 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I've seen lot's of weird things but mostly back in the 70's before they tested for drugs.

#29953 - 08/30/06 07:30 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
Woke up next to one once after a night of hard drinking. It still scares the hell out of me to this day.

#29954 - 08/30/06 11:15 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
bank walker Offline
Spawner

My grandfather has a story that will make the hair on your neck stand up, and pretty much make you afraid of the dark for a week. Anyways, there were two of them hunting Elk up in the Eastern Crest of the Cascades. It was 9;30-10 at night and they were both listening to the radio, when outside the tent the most god awful scream/howl took place. They shut the radio off and could hear footsteps outside the tent, a few minutes later another ear piercing scream/howl, which sounded like it came out of a 55Gal drum. Gramps descriped the sound as a train whistle at 20 feet. More footsteps and then nuthin... dead quiet... Fresh snow fell overnight and no tracks where to be seen.

I'd like to see concrete evidence by now, but i do believe there is something out there smarter and more elusive than us.
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#29955 - 08/31/06 12:10 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
This is one area I love. I have never seen one, but believe that they are out there. I have done research into sightings and you would not believe some of the junk people say. But there have been many sightings in the Grays Harbor and Ft. Lewis areas. Many more that are just plain untrue. Cat and Fiander lakes on the Fort have had several sightings by many military members during field training. Donkey creek road and the Nooch valley also are good areas for sightings. A retired cop I know saw one years ago by the 7200 road on the Nooch. Scared him so bad he never went back. The BFRO (bigfoot field research org) just did a big weekend search in the Nooch area. There was a couple off the Chehalis and Satsop near Keys Road. Anyone who hunts knows how thick the woods are out there. Questions I like asking sceptics are, How many bears or cougars have you seen in the woods? How about bear or cougar bones? I have seen in 14 years hunting and 24 years fishing out here two cougars and two bears. Another good questions is how many raccons or possums do you see in the deep woods? VERY few. Roads are different though. From all the species unknown dna test results collected from hair samples, SOMETHING is running around out there. We will most likely see proof, a body, within the next 25 years. I have had two encounters that were weird. First was back in 1992 above Eatonville elk hunting. I followed some fresh tracks up into the woods quite a ways and was sitting on a stump near trail crossing almost dark. I hear something coming through the brush, think "Alright, here comes the elk!" Next thing I know it gets very quite, no birds, no crickets. I ease off the safety and get ready to draw up the rifle when I can see what is coming. All of a sudden a high pitched screech darn nears makes me load my pants right behind me. First thought after landing from about a twenty foot jump straight up is cougar. Then realize it was not the right noise. Next thought was a loon. And not just me for getting scared so bad. Never see anything and head back to truck. Ten years later I am sitting on my computer listening to supposed bigfoot calls when the hair on my body stand straight up. There was a recording that was exactly what I heard. My poor lab woke from a dead sleep and came running into the kitchen growling at the computer and trying to shield me from it. Makes you wonder. Other was calls in the dead of night near Harts lake that were not anything I have head before.

#29956 - 08/31/06 01:28 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
plunkin eggs Offline
Egg

Loc: Puyallup, WA
me and my brother kind of had the same thing happen as big jim described. we were hunting near rimrock 2 years ago, it was our last day hunting the area and we were walking on a trail at o'dark thirty when we heard this screaming/howling up the hill from us. it froze us in our tracks and we both looked at each other knowing what we were both thinking.it kept goin up the hill faster than any of us could walk so we just decided to hunt for a little bit and head back to pack for home. when we got back to camp, our cousin was there still as he slept in and he asked us why the heck we were screaming in the woods. we said it wasnt us and that we thought it was bigfoot. he was skeptical to say the least. well we get home and decided to look up bigfoot sightings and there were some around the area and we seen a link to bigfoot sounds and there was one called the puyallup scream and we played it and it sounded exactly as what we heard in the woods and played it for our cousin and his jaw dropped when he heard it. so now he believes us and it made us a believer.

#29957 - 08/31/06 09:55 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
There was an earlier thread on this and I had listed these sites: www.bfro.net and www.bigfootforums.com The Fort Lewis incident is a classic. Both sites have audio files and sighting lists for states, counties, etc.

My 2 cents........sure there are hoaxes, but with hundreds of years of sightings over several continents and countries, thousands of varying sized casts of footprints, audio files, and countless reported sightings by all kinds of people(just think how many people have seen something and didn't report it).........it just takes one real event for this thing to exist.

#29959 - 08/31/06 11:25 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Hoquiam/Newton

#29960 - 08/31/06 11:34 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

#29961 - 08/31/06 11:35 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (stonefish, steely slammer, Excitable Bob, 1 invisible), 1009 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645357 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |