Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#302033 - 06/01/05 10:25 AM Re: what has happened to the BB
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Loc: Rowers Seat
i don't think i ever said i wanted any specifics. just a simple report like "ya there are some fish around". From reading the posts i'm not the only one that thinks this bb's content has drastically changed over the years. The reason for only having 80 something posts has to do with the crap that floats around on here. not to say there isn't anything good because there is a lot of good. But i get what you are saying i should post more. But part of the reason for such few post relates to the fact that if I were to post a report i should expect to get blasted by most on this board. I said i frequent the board a couple time a day. Those are just breif visits. I do have a life outside of this bb, unlike some of you that are on here all day long. yes it would be nice to have more time to contribute this bb and to fishing. But the fact is that most of us don't have the time. As for putting in the time, i have put in many hour in my younger days searching and looking and talking to people. i have fished on the same rivers and spots for 10 years. I'm not looking for anybody to give me there secret lure or exact spot they killed them in. and to really some it up, none of this stuff i brought up really means a hole lot as to if i go fishing or not. most of the time i'm going to go no matter if fishing is good or not. My main point was were has all the good info and threads gone. it seems that there is a lot of bickering(sp), and pointing fingers and such. By the way, everyone talks about trying to become more united as a sports fishing group, yet no one wants to give a report on how blue creek is fishing? how united are we?

#302034 - 06/01/05 10:55 AM Re: what has happened to the BB
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
It's like any place in life where the same people come day after day. Cliques start to develop. There are several here. People for the most part find comfort in forming groups with like minded individuals. They are afraid to step out of their normal patterns and try something different. It's a very defined social cycle.

#302035 - 06/01/05 11:17 AM Re: what has happened to the BB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fishmaster:

Still not sure I follow your meaning. Yes, I understand your words, but if you look over the board (archives) you will find LOTS of info that folks post.

No, not everyone will post reports, but most of the frequent posters will.

Take a look through my back posts or topics I have started. Now, look for Parkers, or Stelhhder1, or ??? From the Nooksack, Skagit to the NF Lewis to the OP rivers...LOTS of reports in the last year. You can also PM most of the guys who live on the rivers or fish them often and they will gladly share info privately. I know I have many times, and will do again.

Different boards have different personalities. I can say things here that would get edited out over on IFish. Jen has a great board, but it is moderated heavily...nice folks though, so I do post there and really enjoy the place. TONS of info there on the MC and Oregon rivers.

People change, situations change, and we all have to accomodate this in our lives. Same with this board, IMO.

You say you have had some success...where? Ocean, rivers or ?? Did you share the info or pics here recently?

Be a participant, and you will find the board much more helpful. Be a lurker and never post, and you will still get more out than you put in...

Mike

#302036 - 06/01/05 11:37 AM Re: what has happened to the BB
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
If this board isn't doing it for ya,then go get some real good stuff like fishin & huntin news!!!!.Don't forget the Salmon trout steelheader.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#302037 - 06/01/05 11:38 AM Re: what has happened to the BB
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
The social climate of any BB (including this one) is alot like grade school. You've got the smart-ass kids like Parker and Stam over in the corner throwing spit-wads and cracking wise ass remarks. You've got the snot-nosed dweebs running around complaining about getting there lunch money stolen or not getting a turn on the swing. Then you've got the clueless who can't even find the playground (you decide who goes here ;\) ). The principal (Bob) is trying to maintain some disipline without being the bad guy, and then you've got the hall monitors like me, making sure everyone finds their class (posting reports) and generally modeling the student body president. \:D

#302038 - 06/01/05 11:39 AM Re: what has happened to the BB
love2fish too Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Townsend
I think a lot of people are getting anxious for some fishing. I know I am.

The fishing reports will reappear when the salmon fishing opens back up in the Sound. Happened last year. Most people aren't doing much other than biding time, putting a couple of hours on the boat and jigging for lings or halibut, and looking at the calendar, with a big circle around July 1.

Wish crab were opening up today like it should be, though.

#302039 - 06/01/05 03:07 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fishindude:
I will telly ou whats up with the BB

There are to many self indulgent weiners on the board that think they are so high and mighty at fishin. When in reality, my sister could take some of these guys to school!
Gotta hand it to ya dude.... you pegged it.

#302040 - 06/01/05 03:49 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
dangerous dave Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Orchard, WA
I concur with Capt. Downriggin and that Sol_on_the Duck Dude!!!!!!!

#302041 - 06/01/05 03:53 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
I never post a river location, unless its something huge like the columbia or the willamette.
Most of the places I fish are spot specific so there for no deatiails are given, I'll share general tips. But I am not a sports writer or do i really feel like giving away things that took me months of practice to learn. Peronally many have learned the reparcussions of posting a report the hard way, even if there are only 10% who can catch fish in a given location or on a given river.. Tell 10000 people and I can guarantee there will be some new doughball anchored in your spot the day after the report. Its not fair to the people who put their time in day in and day out to fish a river, to have 50 boats show up because someone decided to talk. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find I respect places i have learned on my own over ones that are chased "hot bite" reports.

#302042 - 06/01/05 05:09 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
fishindude Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma
Heres the thing.

They're are many people that love to fish. Some people can't get out as often as other people. Due to things like work, raising a family. Those prioretys usually come over fishing, if you have your prioretys straight. So when someone finally gets a chance to get out after say a month of NOT fishing, and they know its going to be at LEAST that long before they get out, I can garuntee they are going to want to catch a fish or 2. So they post a question, sorda like this. Where is the fishing hot, what are they using? To me thats a harmless question. So they ask. Get out and fish catch one or two or twenty.

So tell me why is it that you guys can't answer a simple freakin question??

And don't say, "we don't want the crowds" and so on. Many of you guys fish so often that you have days where the rivers are packed and days where you are the only ones on the river. I think you can sacrafice a day of 1 million people to help a person catch a fish.

If you ask me, alot of you guys are pretty selfish

#302043 - 06/01/05 05:26 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Maybe with all the inflated ego's it time to see who makes a habit of keeping thier lines wet, and who just wets their pants.

All this game talk and no game. I say we have a tournament. Some centrally located big river with lots of hatchery brats. Maybe over 2-3 days. If you can't string together 2 days to fish then your not somebody who should be bragging anyways. Pictures taken with camera that shows date and time.

Winner gets to tell everyone else to shut up and fish. Entry fee is a case of Negro Modelo. Drop off entry fees at my house next week.

Vince

#302044 - 06/01/05 05:26 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Fishindude, ask a simple freakin' question and you might get a simple freakin' answer. Make generalizations about the board and you're going to get the responses you're getting right now. Some defensive and some that are with you in saying that this board is full of ego's.
I know from past experience where and when I will be fishing certain areas down to the week. And I can guarantee you that I'm not telling. On the other hand I'm not asking either. I've learned more on this BB just by looking at the pictures people have posted as to what they are catching fish on and from the background even where in a run they are hooking up.
I have work and family obligations also. I'm not going to find the answers to my questions sitting at my computer. I get more out of spending time in the outdoors and the answers I find out there are to questions I never knew I had.
This BB is like watching a movie. I just enjoy it for what it is.
Best of luck to you. If you're want a hot tip here it is. Head out to Neah Bay the first week of August and troll a cut plug herring with a couple ounces of lead. I guarantee you'll hook up. \:D

#302045 - 06/01/05 05:40 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Hey vhawk29--- you forgot to post your address!

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#302046 - 06/01/05 05:45 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

This is topic #3 on the list of perpetually recycled PP topics. #1 is tribal rights/netting. #2 is snagging /flossing.

#302047 - 06/01/05 05:52 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
Walkndadog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: South Sound
Here's a report....I went 2 for 3 a the Point this morning (MA11) using Hot Spot flashers and spoons. 10 & 12lbs.....everyone feel better now!

#302048 - 06/01/05 06:10 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I caught a ton of shad below Bonneville dam over the Memorial day weekend. I'd say that there fishin' is 'bout as hot as it gets...

#302049 - 06/01/05 06:11 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
love2fish too Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Townsend
I do. But, I don't. It's kinda like scratching a mosquito bite.

Haven't fished down there in years. Might have to make the trip on Friday. Can't wait for July. Starting to feel sick. Cough, cough.

Just itchin to get into some fish.

#302050 - 06/01/05 06:13 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Here's another report:
Since April 17th I've only fished two day's in Washington state both day's were spent on the wind river troll fishery on May 21st & 22nd.Out of four boats and 11 guy's we caught 4 fish,it sucked.Previous to wind river I fished cabo in Mexico from the 6th of May to the 10th.The first day 7th we caught 4 durodo and a 130lb striped marlin on the 8th we caught 2 yellow fin tuna 1 sail fish and a 80lb striped marlin on the 9th we lost 2 marlin and a large wahoo,we ended up skunked for the 3rd day.Before the cabo trip I fished Cathlamet the 15th 16th & 17th of April and only caught one springer.So you can see from the past month and a half there hasn't been much goin on with this guy as far as fishin reports.I have a feeling I'm not the only one who hasn't done much lately.But in due time it will be summer run on for much of us.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#302051 - 06/01/05 06:25 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
wolverine Online   content
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA
I've never had a problem on this board when asking for a little information. I never ask for what particular rock to stand on either! If you word your request right you'll get a few PM's from guys who are willing to help you out. Just remember to respect the info they give you and to not show up with a couple car loads of your friends.

#302052 - 06/01/05 06:29 PM Re: what has happened to the BB
goforchrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: sammamish WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
It's like any place in life where the same people come day after day. Cliques start to develop. There are several here. People for the most part find comfort in forming groups with like minded individuals. They are afraid to step out of their normal patterns and try something different. It's a very defined social cycle.
I agree with TheKing.
There are cliques and inside jokes and some are 'in' and some desperately wish they were 'in' and some have an all-consuming drive to let everyone know they are 'in'.

It's a standard group dynamic.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |