Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309600 - 08/17/05 02:18 PM Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
MOSSYBACK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bonney Lake
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002442893_duck17m.html

Maybe I am not thinking this through, but it sure seems to me that our short handed Fish and Wildlife officers could be making much better use of their time by protecting species that are facing more pressing population issues... LIKE SALMON MAYBE?

#309601 - 08/17/05 02:25 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep..that's our tax dollars at work!

Someone had to turn her in for possession of that bird.

Odd...I made over 50 calls to the Sherrif over a drug dealer tha used to live down the street when I was in Woodinville...they never did a thing. Next time I'll just tell them someone is in possession of a wild migratory bird...likely to get much faster results!

ROTFLMAO!

MB

#309602 - 08/17/05 02:35 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...
I once had a pet crow. The crow was a baby that had been injured and was doomed for death by cat. I rescued it and it became my friend. It would sit inside on my shoulder and look out at the other crows. After it was healthy I let it go. It hung around our house with the other crows and would come down to see us every once in a while. He is gone now, but it was fun to have a crow land on your shoulder for treats while eating dinner outside. Poor Gooey... I agree that there are much better ways for the officers to spend their time.

#309603 - 08/17/05 02:41 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Anonymous
Unregistered

No doubt millions will be spent in rehabing the poor little duck, preparing him for release back into the wild.

Look for the tear jerking conclusion next year on king 5 when the cage is opened and gooey flys away... :rolleyes:

#309604 - 08/17/05 03:31 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Give her the duck back, go stand in the corner for a while then go out and bust poachers and snaggers like you are supposed to be doing. Maybe it's the two who sank the boat the other day? Busted down to duckling enforcement?

#309606 - 08/17/05 03:36 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Ain't that a piece of quack!

How does the FW know if it's a wild one or not?

fp

#309607 - 08/17/05 03:39 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
MaxMad Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: "the middle kingdom" aka Cheha...
when she refused to hand it over the first time, they shoulda tommy-gunned her down like bonnie & clyde, she's obviously a hardened criminal, with no respect for the law, and her CRIME was so egregious, a clear & present danger to society and our fragile ecosystem... but on the bright side, at least they didn't surround the place & burn it to the ground...

little wonder people have a general lack of faith in and trust for the government...

#309608 - 08/17/05 04:01 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

And nobody thought to mention that she bought diaper for her duck? Was everybody completely insane?
Imagine going duck hunting and shooting a runaway Gooey. He lands at your feet, dirty diaper still pinned to his ass.

#309609 - 08/17/05 04:03 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Salmo_Gairdneri Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Snohomish
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxMad:
when she refused to hand it over the first time, they shoulda tommy-gunned her down like bonnie & clyde, she's obviously a hardened criminal, with no respect for the law, and her CRIME was so egregious, a clear & present danger to society and our fragile ecosystem... SNIP
At least some tazer action...

-tony

#309610 - 08/17/05 04:25 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
It's the law like it or not. I appears someone had to have called and reported the Duck. Why have a law if you do not enforce it? If it was a Bald Eagle I bet she would have been the bad guy.

#309611 - 08/17/05 04:32 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
havnfun Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacomca,wa,pierce
i keep all my pet ducks and geese down at the park love to go feed them and watch them mob attack little people and $hit on all the cars!

#309612 - 08/17/05 05:05 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by vhawk29:
Imagine going duck hunting and shooting a runaway Gooey. He lands at your feet, dirty diaper still pinned to his ass.
Now that's funny!! Maybe we should send the WDFW some soiled duck diapers!

#309613 - 08/17/05 05:16 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
It's the law like it or not. I appears someone had to have called and reported the Duck. Why have a law if you do not enforce it? If it was a Bald Eagle I bet she would have been the bad guy.
When does common sense enter into the situation? Or doesn't it for you? You can buy a duck at a pet store for goodness sake...

The law wasn't written to protect ducks :rolleyes: Are you going to come arrest my child for her ant farm?

If it was a bald eagle, or a mountain lion, or a bear, or a (fill in common sense answer here)...I'm sure the lady wouldn't own one!

#309614 - 08/17/05 05:19 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
Just goes to show you what kind of a joke this agency is. They harass someone who rescues an injured duck. Meanwhile the stilliguamish went 48% over their crab catch and the Makahs catch 20 times their limit of salmon and the WDFW does damage control for them. Our license dollars hardly at work.

#309615 - 08/17/05 05:23 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Maybe they will tag him before release, that way when I shoot him in October WDFW can
give that lady the news about Gooey's breasts!!!

#309616 - 08/17/05 05:27 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
ET,

"You can buy a duck at a pet store for goodness sake..."

That is not relevent to this case. Witnesses at the company where she works said she rescued the chick that was just a few days old. Common sense is that you enforce a law that is on the books or you change the law. The fact that it was just a duck has no bearing on the case either the law states wildlife. The law is not about right or wrong it is about the process once someone subjects themselves to that process. She had the control to stop this before it started. So the lapse in common sense is on her part not WDFW.

#309617 - 08/17/05 05:34 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
MOSSYBACK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bonney Lake
What the duck? This is such a qwack of sheet. Your goose is as good as mine as to why this happened. It drake's my heart to see such wastfulness. I guess the law is the law, widgeon the end is the bottom line. No mallard how hard I try I will never understand the logic here...

#309618 - 08/17/05 05:51 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Quote:
Originally posted by MOSSYBACK:
What the duck? This is such a qwack of sheet. Your goose is as good as mine as to why this happened. It drake's my heart to see such wastfulness. I guess the law is the law, widgeon the end is the bottom line. No mallard how hard I try I will never understand the logic here...
Oh, shut the duck up!

\:D

#309619 - 08/17/05 05:53 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:

She had the control to stop this before it started. So the lapse in common sense is on her part not WDFW.
OK EVERYONE!

Lets take TK's advice...

We have the control stop his useless babbling before its started... by not responding to the lapse of common sense on his part...

:p

#309620 - 08/17/05 05:59 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...
AAAAFFFFFFLLLLLLAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKK

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Banana Slama
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 333 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |