Rate This Topic
#309622 - 08/17/05 06:00 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
ET,
Common sense is that you enforce a law that is on the books or you change the law. The fact that it was just a duck has no bearing on the case either the law states wildlife. The law is not about right or wrong it is about the process once someone subjects themselves to that process. She had the control to stop this before it started. So the lapse in common sense is on her part not WDFW.
Sorry to disagree, but that is hogwash. There is no way the WDFW can enforce all of the laws all of the time. They have to pick and choose and to do that they have to use common sense! They didn't here and you are allowing them to hide their poor judgement behind the law.

Virtually all of the laws in this country are enforced using common sense. If you believe "The law is not about right or wrong it is about the process " you are excusing poor law enforcement and encouraging poor judgement.

#309623 - 08/17/05 06:11 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
MOSSYBACK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bonney Lake
To me this seems like it could be a scene from Reno 911. Drop the duck NOW lady! Call for backup, she has a duckling hostage! Drop that duck or I'm going to take your goldfish downtown for questioning...

Dammit I wish I could have been there to see this whole duck confiscation go down! What a joke.

Next time I witness blatent disregard for the law down at my local fishing hole, I'm going to call and report rampant pet duck collection and see how fast WDFW shows up.

#309624 - 08/17/05 06:21 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
Et,

None of that has any bearing. Once you choose to break the law you subject yourself to the process. No crying allowed. Blaming law enforcement for enforcing a law is childish at best. It might be popular in this case but it does not change the facts.

#309625 - 08/17/05 06:40 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Quote:
Et,

None of that has any bearing. Once you choose to break the law you subject yourself to the process. No crying allowed. Blaming law enforcement for enforcing a law is childish at best. It might be popular in this case but it does not change the facts.
Facts? You think people on this board care about facts? We don't need no stinkin' facts!

Mob rules, dude!

More duck jokes! More duck Jokes!

Oh yeah, nice cute duckie. Poor victimized woman. Evil evil bad WDFW officers! Evil! Bad!

#309626 - 08/17/05 06:43 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Et,

Point taken....

I'm sure the WDFW officers will use this defense when they are called onto the carpet to answer to the public's outcry and political pressure...... And next time maybe they will use some COMMON SENSE before proceeding down the path.

#309628 - 08/17/05 06:47 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Quote:
Just goes to show you what kind of a joke this agency is. They harass someone who rescues an injured duck. Meanwhile the stilliguamish went 48% over their crab catch and the Makahs catch 20 times their limit of salmon and the WDFW does damage control for them. Our license dollars hardly at work.
Yessir..I noticed this week that DSHS...(that stellar agency of our government that wastes billions of our tax dollars each year) must have gotten wind of the Makahs salmon windfall...DSHS is spending a $$$MILLION dollars to get a sewage treatment plant started on the Makah Nation grounds at Neah Bay...I bet there are alot of ducks up that way that could use some rescuing...and some salmon too.

Listen up WDFW!!! next time you go out to Neah Bay to make some more deals with the Makahs you might get to sit on a real flushing toilet that doesn't dump out into the bay.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#309629 - 08/17/05 06:47 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...
Didn't Daffy wear a diaper when he was a young duck? He was a domestic duck off course.

#309631 - 08/17/05 08:41 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
and were paying for it........ this dept is no remodel..... the whole dept needs to be taken down and rebuilt.....

wdfw out of washington!!!!!!

#309632 - 08/17/05 08:41 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Besides, do we know a law was really broken? An eagle is protected whereas a duck is not. It seems we might have a few rogue agents making their own interpritation of the law. Just what makes the duck wild? I think we need to refer the little guy for physchiatric evaluation first. Was he wild as an egg or was it later in life? Maybe the witch made him wild? That would explain the hostility.

#309633 - 08/17/05 09:15 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

I wish Olympia PD was as aggressive with the guy who said in front of them he was going to wait in the parking lot and shoot me. They gave him a taxi ride home.
But WDFW will kick your sorry ass if your harboring a wild busted duck.

TK, don't tell me that they have to enforce every law, because they obviously don't.

Vince

#309634 - 08/17/05 11:05 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
DON'T BE TOO QUICK TO TAKE SIDES ON THIS ONE.

IT SMELLS LIKE PETA IS INVOLVED IN THIS MESS. (IMHO)

Cigar

#309635 - 08/17/05 11:30 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
I hope someone sends this to the GOV , so that she can see what and where our tax money is going, and how the buffoons in Washington Fish and Worst are utilizing our monies. No-one needs a degree in biology to see that our salmonid resources are in dire need, our dept, could sure use a shot of common sense.....

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#309636 - 08/18/05 01:07 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
The officers are damned if they enforce the law and damned if they don't. The bottom line is that the lady was in illegal possession of wildlife and she refused to turn it over.

The officers were responding to a complaint and are enforcing both state and federal laws. It won't break my heart if she gets a ticket and it might get the message out that you need appropriate licenses/permits to care for injured wildlife.

Most folks understand that wildlife do not make good pets and will call the appropriate agency when injured or abandoned animals are found.

#309637 - 08/18/05 01:20 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Sounds like they might be deserving the roasting they're getting this time..... \:D

I keep a lot of wildlife too...in my freezer.

It will end with all satisfied....... The duck will get rehablitated just in time for the season to start.

The lady with the duck fixation got the attention she wanted.

And..Those officers will get sent to "charm school" for overzealous types....

And I reserve my size 11 to place firmly up the rear of the idiot Lt. or captain who sent them in the first place.

Sounds like they're all oxygen thieves.....

#309638 - 08/18/05 01:43 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
What a funny thread........personally, I think anybody who names a duck Gooey, diapers it, and takes it to work with her needs some serious help.

#309639 - 08/18/05 08:05 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
goinfishin.....

Is it any wonder why the term "peace officer" has been replaced by "law enforcement officer"?

The story reeks of youthful, recent grad arrogance, commonplace.

#309640 - 08/18/05 09:21 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Jeff J Offline
Parr

Loc: Issaquah
Seems everyone is jumping on the wagon with this story, I saw the story on King5 this AM as I was leaving for work and right there on front page of King County Journal as I got to work was a nice story telling everyone the previous Duck owners horrible experience with the Long arm of the LAW..

#309641 - 08/18/05 09:24 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Jeff J Offline
Parr

Loc: Issaquah
I just noticed this story even made it to News Releases on the WDFW websight. Seems they are going to investigate the Duck liberators.

#309643 - 08/18/05 10:36 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
What a joke, I read that and was like WTF,
how stupid, maybe someone needs to point them in the direction of Hoodsport or the Skok,
I can see it now, Bad boys bad boys watcha gonna do when they come for you........
nothing with the WDFW suprises me anymore, whaty a bunch of MORONS

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#309644 - 08/18/05 10:43 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Heard this lady on the radio this morning. She says it wasn't a wild duck but a domestic duck from a farm. They were going to put it down because it couldn't keep up with the brood so she adopted it. She claims she told all this to the agents but they didn't want to hear it. Plus they had no paperwork of any kind (warrant). She thinks a former co-worker turned her in.
Gooey is in rehab where all famous ducks end up eventually.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (seabeckraised), 926 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |