Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309669 - 08/19/05 02:07 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
Lessee, the Stillies and Makahs both over harvest, but some good hearted person tries to nurse an orphaned duck back to health and gets raked over the coals? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!!! The clowns in charge at WDFW need to be flogged for being slaves for special interest groups(tribes)..(PETA), Politicians.. when they're not kissing babies, they're stealing their lollipops...
Armed insurrection is our only hope.... Uh-oh, I'm sure the homeland security people are getting a b**er over this post.... What can be done to reign in rampant government control over just about every aspect of our lives?
We are helpless in the face of corporate giants like HALLIBURTON, and His Exaulted Eminence, Dick Cheney. These guys dictate what the states will or will not enforce... Wake up, everyone! We have met the enemy, and they are us!!!

#309670 - 08/19/05 10:23 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Anonymous
Unregistered

I give, you guys win.

#309671 - 08/19/05 10:26 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
havnfun Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacomca,wa,pierce
just heard that the lady is now claming that the offficers assulted her!

#309672 - 08/19/05 11:36 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
and the "fellow officer rule" is also used to plant guns(often called the sock since the gun is often hidden in a sock for such an occassion) on people that have been unlawfully shot by officers so that they can claim that the unarmed person was armed.

officers are innocent until proven guilty and the people that pay them are guilty until proven innocent....

uti- the FBI used the "fellow officer rule" when they attempted to assasinate two environmentalists with car bombs and got caught trying to cover up their own assasination atempt..... cost the tax payers almost ten million dollars that the FBI was forced to pay to the famillies........

#309673 - 08/19/05 11:55 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lupo:
and the "fellow officer rule" is also used to plant guns
I think you've been watching to much CSI :p

#309674 - 08/19/05 12:11 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
look it up.... google daryl cherny maybe "ey" at the end and judy barri.... i might have the spellings wrong....

i dont watch csi... so not sure.....but i have been watching too much "team america" i cant get those damn songs out of my head

over here in seattle we have cops convicted of running whores and heroin.... power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

#309675 - 08/19/05 06:48 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Sounds like the officers probably just needed a good old fashioned Spanky! (not spanking).

Go get 'em Spanky! ;\)

http://www.local6.com/news/4872001/detail.html?GetStory

#309676 - 08/19/05 06:57 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Lupo...I know even a few isolated incidents seem to color the entire profession. That goes with the terrritory. You know why bad cops get huge sentences and caught in the first place? Because we police our own pretty well.

If you think that police are corrupt in general, that would be a mistaken impression. I am sorry you feel that way. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Corruption like that erodes public trust and we must show we are willing to deal with it.

How many other professions can say that?

By the way, I can go to any number of anti-government web sites and find the "truth" too......

Anyhow.....go fishing and relax everybody. Life is too short. Maybe I'll see of you at CQ this weekend. I'll be in a 19ft Alumaweld with a green top and white cooler on the back. Feel free to stop and BS if you like.

#309677 - 08/19/05 09:24 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
JohnnyDeep Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
Um, the duck was domestic, Came from a farm! And apparently the alleged asssault was all caught on security camera, and they seized the duck on private property without a warrant... IF what she say's is true, (and at this point it sounds like she can back it up) she won the lottery, and is going to be one wealthy chick!!! On the surface it sure sounds like an overmotivated gamey..... Seems like most of those guys are at extreme ends of the scale. And I have had enough experience with some of the wackos wearing a WDFW badge that I kinda believe it, I'm thinking I may know the warden...although I have not seen his name yet...

#309678 - 08/19/05 10:43 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"If it was a captive bred bird as somone on here stated then the Rear facing toe on the birds right foot would have been clipped off when it was a chick. There would be a evident healed scar (similar to a hatchery salmon)."

Growing up we raised ducks, geese and of course chckens and we didn't clip anything.

#309679 - 08/20/05 02:47 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Might as well jump on the wagon expressing lack of faith in our noble police, sworn to protect and serve.... I own a video store that happens to be next door to a bar and grill.. A couple of weekends ago, some guy decided to park in my parking lot, and went to the bar... was there a couple of hours. In the interest of being a good neighbor, I usually don't squak about this kind of thing. Well, in this instance the guy came back to his truck, and while backing out, smashed into my lighted reader board sign, doing significant damage, then tried to drive off.. When I heard the crash, I ran out of my store and yelled "what the h*** are you doing?" He replied in a extremely slurred voice, " I was jus
tryin to fine a place to park, sir". Well, I got him to stop, come inside the store and talk about what just occurred. I asked him for his name , address, phone number, and drivers license, intending to work it out without involving insurance companies, and the law. Well, aforementioned drunk claimed he did'nt have his license with him, but was staying at the campground 1 block away, and would go get it. I gave him twenty minutes to procure said license and return and we could work this out without anyone from law enforcement being involved. Ten minutes later, he returned, on foot with his license, and equally as drunk girlfriend. I took the info from his license, then asked for proof of insurance, and he slurred, I don haf no shurense.. OK, were going to do this the legal way. I picked up the phone and began to dial 911.. at this point his drunk girlfriend began to cuss me out for being an ***hole for calling the police.. The 911 operator answered and I explained what was happening, all the while girlfriend is still yelling and cussing at me. 911 operator hears this and asks if I need an officer to respond and I say yes, IMMEDIATELY! All the while, I have other customers in my store, stunned as to what is transpiring in front of them and their children. I had to ask the cussing drunks to leave my store immmediately, which they did. This leads to a 45 minute wait for our "protectors" to arrive. When they did , I explained what had gone down, i.e. drunk driver, no license, no insurance, smashed sign, staying in campground down the street... Well, sir, we can't do anything about this because- A: we didn't witness this, and B: this occured on private property.. However, we can attempt to find him at the campground and speak with him. Gee, guess who fled the campground long before the "public servants"
arrived? When I asked "can't you do anything about this because I, as a law abiding citizen, witnessed all of the above mentioned infractions? They said(Snohomish Co. Sherriff),
well we can file a report, but you will have to try to get justice through the court system.. Swell, just what I need, close my store, lose money, to try to get a judgement against some lowlife that will never pay, or be held accountable for his actions.. Fast action by law enforcement would have caught this clown, however, it seems that unless gunplay is involved, our "protectors" will not drop their donuts to protect property. I am left with a smashed sign, $500.00 Deductable on my business insurance, and a profound distrust of our vaunted "protectors"! Quite a rant, but this kind of crap occurs more often than any of us would like to see. Oh well, my sign is still busted, but I feel a little better...

#309680 - 08/20/05 02:47 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Might as well jump on the wagon expressing lack of faith in our noble police, sworn to protect and serve.... I own a video store that happens to be next door to a bar and grill.. A couple of weekends ago, some guy decided to park in my parking lot, and went to the bar... was there a couple of hours. In the interest of being a good neighbor, I usually don't squak about this kind of thing. Well, in this instance the guy came back to his truck, and while backing out, smashed into my lighted reader board sign, doing significant damage, then tried to drive off.. When I heard the crash, I ran out of my store and yelled "what the h*** are you doing?" He replied in a extremely slurred voice, " I was jus
tryin to fine a place to park, sir". Well, I got him to stop, come inside the store and talk about what just occurred. I asked him for his name , address, phone number, and drivers license, intending to work it out without involving insurance companies, and the law. Well, aforementioned drunk claimed he did'nt have his license with him, but was staying at the campground 1 block away, and would go get it. I gave him twenty minutes to procure said license and return and we could work this out without anyone from law enforcement being involved. Ten minutes later, he returned, on foot with his license, and equally as drunk girlfriend. I took the info from his license, then asked for proof of insurance, and he slurred, I don haf no shurense.. OK, were going to do this the legal way. I picked up the phone and began to dial 911.. at this point his drunk girlfriend began to cuss me out for being an ***hole for calling the police.. The 911 operator answered and I explained what was happening, all the while girlfriend is still yelling and cussing at me. 911 operator hears this and asks if I need an officer to respond and I say yes, IMMEDIATELY! All the while, I have other customers in my store, stunned as to what is transpiring in front of them and their children. I had to ask the cussing drunks to leave my store immmediately, which they did. This leads to a 45 minute wait for our "protectors" to arrive. When they did , I explained what had gone down, i.e. drunk driver, no license, no insurance, smashed sign, staying in campground down the street... Well, sir, we can't do anything about this because- A: we didn't witness this, and B: this occured on private property.. However, we can attempt to find him at the campground and speak with him. Gee, guess who fled the campground long before the "public servants"
arrived? When I asked "can't you do anything about this because I, as a law abiding citizen, witnessed all of the above mentioned infractions? They said(Snohomish Co. Sherriff),
well we can file a report, but you will have to try to get justice through the court system.. Swell, just what I need, close my store, lose money, to try to get a judgement against some lowlife that will never pay, or be held accountable for his actions.. Fast action by law enforcement would have caught this clown, however, it seems that unless gunplay is involved, our "protectors" will not drop their donuts to protect property. I am left with a smashed sign, $500.00 Deductable on my business insurance, and a profound distrust of our vaunted "protectors"! Quite a rant, but this kind of crap occurs more often than any of us would like to see. Oh well, my sign is still busted, but I feel a little better...

#309681 - 08/20/05 02:50 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

#309682 - 08/20/05 03:29 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Not sure what I did to make my post(rant) appear three times. but I apologize for the redunancy.

#309683 - 08/20/05 10:05 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........Sucked in again.

These threads usually turn into anti-police rants. Nookie D., sent you a PM.

Of course no one has ever had a bad experience with plumbers, construction contractors, doctors, lawyers, dentists....or video store owners...

\:D

#309686 - 08/20/05 11:59 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
fishdontbiteforme Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
Quote:
Originally posted by nookie dreamin':
I hear ya this does happen all the time.
Goinfishin, I do know a few cops and they really are not all bad but some of them do have a tendency to be on a powertrip. Like you said you get some "bozo's in every profession, the difference is that the profession that you are in requires you to wear a gun and deal with the public. Not everyone can effectively talk to people and calm situations down without escallating the situation. You also have to admit that the "fellow officer rule is BS". I guess in this profession you are trained not to lie why the rest of us do it all the time. . I guess another part of the "fellow officer" rule is that sweep what each other does under the rug. How may LEO get off of tickets and other minor infractions that the rest of us dont. Or let one of your family members call the police I have noticed that the response time for them usually has a tendency to be a little faster than the rest of ours. Sorry for ranting myself.

#309687 - 08/20/05 01:20 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Katmai Kid Offline
Fry

Loc: Tacoma
I won't try to change anyone's opinion here, but I want to try to clear up confusion about the "fellow officer rule". The fellow officer rule simply means that police may rely on information relayed by their "fellow officer" when determining if an arrest or citation is appropriate. For example, officer Smith sees John the Town Drunk smash his car into a busload of nuns. Officer Jones only does not witness this and instead only sees John the Town Drunk walking away from the car. Jones can arrest based on what Smith (his fellow officer) tells him even if Jones did not witness the suspect behing the wheel.

The rule DOES NOT mean that cops will lie and say they saw something that they did not. Again, I won't try to change anyone's opinion, but its important to understand that the cops are not saying that they lie when they talk about the fellow officer rule.

#309688 - 08/20/05 02:37 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
supcoop Offline
Lady Killer Deluxe

Loc: Kirkland
Sooooooo......

Anyone been fishin lately? \:\)

#309689 - 08/20/05 02:47 PM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=aug1705a

How does WDFW know this duck is wild?

#309690 - 08/21/05 12:33 AM Re: Fish and Wildlife Officers at work
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Just an FYI:

Undertheinfluence has asked to be removed from the board based on the material in this thread ... he was not unregistered by anyone moderating the board \:\)

Recieving complaints regarding this thread ... let's try to keep all posts on the specific topic please ;\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 632 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |