LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#310762 - 08/28/05 02:31 AM somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Somebody here called the district office of the wdfw and said I was in collusion with a warden
Snagging fish!

I want to know. What were you smoking that night?

Any wardens I have every known love to bust snaggers, and I love to help them bust snaggers. I have been and am currently closely watched by the wdfw becase of my views and Ideas on hatchery runs. Not my ACTIONS! I am also watched because of what people have said about me. Jealous lies.

These two paragraphs below are what prompted the call by the fantasy queen.I got a little carried away in the heat of a so called debate that went bad real quick. How does this constitute collusion with an Officer to snag fish?

"Self centered better then thou art types are the people I love to piss off on the water. I catch fish totally legit, and if there not catching they still cry and talk smack to the warden. Blah blah blah. (edit) tells me all the time about what people say about me to him. When he first started in the (edit) county area he was sure I was some big time poacher by all the complaints from people like you. I fish totally legal always. He found out from watching me that what I told him was 100% true. What I told him is that the people whining are the ones not catching anything. they get pissed off when they have been fishing all day without a bite and I show up and bang bang I have a limit. I dont have a problem catching fish legit with bait or lures and I sure the hell dont ever take home any stinkies or pre smoked fish!"

"He found out from watching me that what I told him was 100% true."

I had him follow me upriver to a spot on a wild run of silvers that was heavily pressured by snaggers. I asked him to put on his polarized sunglasses and look at three fish I was targeting. I was using jig and vertically jigging in front of the fish. The 11 pound silver moved up 2 feet and nailed my jig. Thats how I showed him I was legit. On top of many pier fish too.

"When he first started in the (edit) county area he was sure I was some big time poacher by all the complaints from people like you. I fish totally legal always"

he said he would take all my gear, my truck, and write me for everything he can to the max if he every caught me, and I am sure if I ever did break the law he would! See the i fish totally legal part!

"(edit) tells me all the time about what people say about me to him."

Thats standard investigation. He never tells me who.

"Forward of the gill plate is legal. I have witnessed wardens explaining to people how to floss, and i have yet to get a ticket for keeping a fish hooked in the mouth or just outside the mouth."

These wardens were not even from this area. I was fishing down south! notice wardenS (plural!) SHEESH!

whoever it was is really stretching it an I must have really struck a nerve . \:D

#310763 - 08/28/05 10:43 AM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Theres always going to be those people that get jelous when they cant catch fish and somebody else puts on a demonstration.
Those jigs are a good example.I've heard a lot of people say that if your fishing jigs your snagging.Obviously they dont know what they are talking about.
I'm bettin,your givin somebody a good schoolin,and they dont like it.
Sorry to hear they are trying to cause you grief.

Wouldnt it be nice to see them get nailed for falsifying a report,or something of the sort.

#310764 - 08/28/05 01:45 PM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
adam Offline
Fry

Loc: olympia
SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID! Get out of your old ways. Salmon specially COHO BITE JIGS! I was showed this by a guide last year. Not only on the river Micro is on but also alot of other sw rivers. As long as the fish are not spooked to death I will always use jigs and spinners for coho. Whomever reported you for this is an idiot. Instead of trying to get Micro in trouble why dont you simply ask him to show you how to fish with this things for coho? If you have beef with him them send me a pm and I will show you how effective these things are then. btw micro I heard you make some pretty killer jigs! We fish the same rivers and I'm surprised I haven't ran into you yet! Shoot me a pm on one of the boards when your going out next! Fishtech is my most used name.

#310765 - 08/28/05 02:41 PM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
FishNW Offline
Fry

I think micro is crazy a bit for posting about personal stuff on the board

#310766 - 08/28/05 05:31 PM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
nzzlcrzy Offline
Parr

Loc: Sumner
The only thing crazy about micro's post is tha somebody from this board would actually sink as low as he describes. I think it would be great if this "whistle blower" were sniffed out and busted for making false reports. I thought this board was to exchange info and advice and share stories not to make life difficult for people you can't out fish or just flat out dont like.
Fish and let live!

#310768 - 08/28/05 09:58 PM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
STIHLHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: W. WA
Quote:
I have been and am currently closely watched by the wdfw becase of my views and Ideas on hatchery runs.
I am almost sure (99.999%) that WDFW has much more important things to attend than "watching" anyone. LOL

IF that is not the case, we are in big trouble. \:D

#310769 - 08/28/05 10:19 PM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
Iceshark Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Marysville Wa
Live and let die!
1973 Bond. James Bond

#310770 - 08/29/05 01:45 AM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Thanks guys and gal \:D

The report to the WDFW wasnt about jig fishing. The qoutes are the the original excerts from my post on another thread on this board only. The Bold type is explainations of what I said in the qouted paragraphs. Some how whoever made the report to the WDFW district office felt the above qoutes were admittance by me that I was in collusion or cooperation with a fish and game officer that let me snag fish? I was just trying to figure out how the hell the person who made the report figured that from what I posted. In the original thread I mention the wardens name and the area he works. I edited that out for this thread.

I am going to call the district office and try to find out who did this. I think it is public info but I am not sure. Everything in the original thread was read from start to finish by the office, and no harm was done. I am just pissed someone would sink so low because of a disagreement on a chat board, and process information so awkwardly.

#310771 - 08/29/05 01:55 AM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Lame story, Jason...I hope whoever would be stupid enough to call that fantasy in would choke on their Wheaties in the morning...I hope you got a good laugh out of it, at least.

However, if you are surprised at character assassination, made up conspiracies, and generally asinine behavior by some folks on fishing websites, then you haven't been paying attention!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#310772 - 08/29/05 02:47 AM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

I was just at the other thread and looking again for what the person in question was thinking.

I found this. Again this was a debate gone bad and this was one of my responses in a violtile arguement. This actually happen to me on the quilecene and I was fishing totally legal. A guy just down the line who had not caught anything said I was snagging fish. The warden who I did not know.Checked my fish for hook marks, checked my gear, and my license. I was legal. The warden involved in the accusation was never even there at the quillescene to my knowledge. He doesnt work that area. This was also written early in the thread way before the above qoutes, and before I mentioned the wardens name. Totally different post, describing a different ocurrence having nothing to do with the accused warden.

ok here it is.

"Flossing is called snagging by people who cant floss to save there own ass. There the guys sitting there fishless for hours at places like the killacene. After a while the game warden comes by and they cry like a little baby about all the dam snaggers. The warden comes to me and ask to see my fish, he checks them for snag marks and cant find any,checks my hook for barbs and doesnt see one, checks my license and the fish are punched. I look over to the sad distraught fishless jealous loser and smile the biggest smile as the warden moves on. What fun! I love it when people get like that. though it is that much sweeter when I am nailing them with eggs on the cow and the same types get pissed off they cant catch,but I digress. Dont get pissed get better.

If your fishing a zipperlip hole with no weekend warriors around you would be an idiot if you had to floss or snag to get a fish.

In the typical meat fisheries with crackers everywhere, tromping through the water, wearing there hunter orange , standing 10 feet from where the fish are holding etc.......... flossing is a valid legal technique to put some fish in the freezer.

I learned to floss from some old timers on the cowlitz back when we were alowed three springers a day. Every time i set the hook I had a fish on, in or just outside the mouth.(I wasnt just ripping away). Sometimes up 15 fish a half day in march and april, 45 to 50 in August when there all dark.

If your setting the hook more then once in a drift without catching a fish YOU ARE SNAGGING!

Flossers can feel when the line has slipped through the fishes mouth to the hook. The only time a flosser sets the hook is when he feels the hook grab."

#310773 - 08/29/05 06:43 AM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Sounds like you let somebody push all your buttons. Ignore them.

#310775 - 08/29/05 01:00 PM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
supcoop Offline
Lady Killer Deluxe

Loc: Kirkland
Simple question but is it legal to fish with just a jig? I have used it in the past and had great luck with them (NOT SNAGGING!).

#310776 - 08/29/05 01:50 PM Re: somebody's fntsy snagger collusion me?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Yes it is.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1070 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |