LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#314271 - 09/30/05 09:43 AM Let's do the Puyallup!!
fishgutz Offline
Smolt

Loc: puyallup
Any of you hip wader wearing, non- Orvis purist better than me and my Hodgmans want to throw some 14 foot leaders with 6-8 corkies and 3'0 hooks today? The flow is hovering just below 7000 cfs, that should get a good drift going with 3 ounces lead.

#314272 - 09/30/05 10:34 AM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
silverkiller Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: enumclaw

#314273 - 09/30/05 10:36 AM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
fishgutz Offline
Smolt

At 7:30 it reads 7860. Are you ready?

#314274 - 09/30/05 11:15 AM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
porter Offline
Alevin

It's all goog water underneath!!!

#314275 - 09/30/05 12:05 PM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
Badbobber Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Ravensdale, Wa
Hey Swimmer I mean fishgutz the 7:45am post is 9,290 cfs. We are going to have to tie a rope to ya or you'll end up in the bay. But if we put a little shrimp oil on ya and have ya thrash around a bit, might get something to bite along the edge

I bet all that trash is gone down river now huh? \:\(

#314276 - 09/30/05 01:00 PM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
Weedhopper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
I went over the Puyallup this morning down here near the Port of Tacoma on the Lincoln St. bridge. There was a TON of debris- branches, logs, small tress, garbage, etc.... The river looked like chocolate milk... do you think the tribe will set up their slalom course of nets today? I think not! ;\)

#314277 - 09/30/05 02:20 PM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
fishgutz Offline
Smolt

Hey, I had to run to Tacoma this morning and I counted at least a half dozen plunkers fishing the leve side, and saw 4 trucks parked on the river road side!
As far as the junk being washed out , if you peer over the mouth od the river you can see debris at least a half mile out in the bay. I really feel bad though, I have been picking up trash almost every day while I am there but I had no idea the water would rise this high so quickly. All the bags of garbage that I have been collecting was sitting at the 4500 cfs or so mark. It makes me sick to think all that shiat is now out to sea
But on a different note, I hookeed and promptly lost 5 silvers yesterday between 9am and noon!

#314278 - 09/30/05 02:49 PM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
Weedhopper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
I would think that when the river drops back into shape, the Carbon is going to be red hot for silvers....

Have fun with the war fishin'!! ;\)

#314279 - 09/30/05 03:20 PM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
Badbobber Offline
Returning Adult

I thought about those piles a trash on the gravel bar we saw that day, we should of tried to get the truck down there, I don't even know if there is still a way to drive on to that bar anymore, but it's too late now.

I was at Lenscrafters about 11:00 at the south hill mall thursday replacing my sunglasses I lost in the crash and wanted to stop down there but it took 2 hrs and they still were having trouble with the right lens and I needed to go to Kent and get fish food and go home and thaw out some Salmon for dinner so I just ran out of time and now it's over 11,000 cubes.

Went Jigging on the upper green wednesday at about 300 cubes lookin for some steel for 3 1/2 hrs, saw one guy with skinny dark one on my way back up river but he was on the other side far enough away that I couldn't tell for sure if it was steel or a salmon that he kept and I have to say that I have not seen so many Pinks up there before, I mean tons of them everywhere spawning all over the place and that's good for the river of course. Dumping fish all over up there the last couple of years must be starting to work. now if we can just get the winter steelies to make a come back up there.

I took about 30 pics while I was out, always wanted to do that while the water was low. It's nice to know where that boulder or ledge is the fish hide behind when the water is up and I forget what it looks like sometimes not that it really matters when you know where they hole-up ;\)

#314280 - 09/30/05 08:07 PM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
glennski Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Redmond, Wa.
Badbobber, if thats the hatchery hole you might want to double check the regs as some of that gets closed at least part of the year that leadge if it is the one i am thinking can be great for steel but the last time I was there you could not leagaly fish it . Glenn

#314281 - 10/01/05 01:50 AM Re: Let's do the Puyallup!!
Badbobber Offline
Returning Adult

glennski,

The section of the green I was talking about is open from June 1 to Feb 28. The only thing that is closed in this section is within 150' of the palmer ponds outlet rack and within 150' of the mouth of Keta creek.

I said ledge but big slabs of rock with vertical walls extending down into a hole would have been more accurate, spot's you can't get to unless the river is around 300 to 400 cfps but there are a few ledges or "undercuts" here or there too.

The Pileup or "Pew"allup just ain't as purdy as the upper Green and sure don't smell as good.

Speaking of flushing! \:D the Puyallup has come down off the 12,400 cfps high and is at 8,120 cfps as of 9:45pm, if it keeps this up it might be fishable by 8:00am saturday if the rain keeps slowing down.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1061 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |