LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#322603 - 12/01/05 04:20 PM Pilchuck River warning!!
_mtlhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Arlington, WA
Went out to see if there was anything other than Fisherman at the Pilchuck River today, another disturbing reality made me remember to not leave stuff in the car while away fishing.
first I ran into the "slingers" scattering carcasses in the river (good), then three guys sitting by their trucks waiting for the Sherrif to arrive. seems we have a theif roaming the river again this year, I guess we are not the only ones that get excited about this river opening.
just be carefull and keep the items you bring with you limited to what you plan on taking with you to streamside. These poor guys even had their lunches stolen, I was asked to keep my eyes open for a "green" lunch bag- hope the guys don't spot one in some kids hand walking along the road in that area......they were pretty hungry guys and wanted the food back!

#322604 - 12/01/05 04:53 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
run_a_bait Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle
i know alot of the guys in that area, and they are a bunch of dirt bags. no wander my girl told me to stay away from them. i've turned a couple of then in for breaking into cars along the river. they are probally the ones responcible for this theft too. i definetly wouldn't be surprised.

#322605 - 12/02/05 07:23 AM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
rattlefish Offline
Parr

Loc: granite falls
that was a bad deal for them. I have been wondering all night why they didn't get my window as I was parked just ahead of them. almost seems to be a "locals rule" kind of crap as they left the fishing poles in the truck. The guy I talked to said all they took was his lunch. go figure. A lame move in any case.

For those that care catching sucked, not there yet I guess. coolest part of the day was the river otters hissing at me from across the river.
until I saw the fish slingers then I was wondering, are the fish slingers just feeding the otters?? I've never seen them in there before and to see 5 sitting on a log just down river from the bridge..... are we asking for troble here messing with ma nature agin??

#322606 - 12/02/05 10:41 AM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Seems as though we just never learn and will continue to screw with mother nature till she kicks us off of her rock.What a bunch of low-life scum bags.Screw with me and mine and pay the price!

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#322607 - 12/02/05 12:15 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
1mtlhead - Where, approximately did this occur? I mean, was it closer to Granite then Snohomish? I have never heard of any problems on the Pilchuck before. I hit it for a couple hours yesterday as well....nada.

Ike

#322608 - 12/02/05 02:10 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
Rysemus Offline
Fry

Loc: Snohomish, wa
I know the area 1mtlhead is talking about. There's a group of kids that live in the cul da ac, near the bridge, that are complete pieces of crap and so are thier parents. The kids are responsible for stealing a nieghbors RV and burning it to the ground near the river.

A sting operation in this area would be so easy if things continue.

#322609 - 12/02/05 02:38 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
_mtlhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Arlington, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ikissmykiss:
1mtlhead - Where, approximately did this occur? Ike
it was about mid way between getchel store and doc's tavern on the only bridge that crosses the river as you drive out the east side of the river.

#322610 - 12/02/05 03:24 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
cheapskate Offline
Spawner

About 10 years ago, a fisherman was murdered on the Pilchuck. A group of kids wanted to steal his vehicle, so they cut his throat.

The wife of a law school buddy was the assigned public defender for the case. Not sure how the case turned out.

Stay safe out there.

#322611 - 12/02/05 05:31 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
I hit the Pilchuck for the last 2 hours of daylight yesterday at the Lochsloy bridge. Had 1 takedown that I completely missed - one that I wasn't sure was a fish or not. Next cast - same spot - there she goes and I stung it hard enough to turn it and see it flash and that was it. Sure do need to tune up the reflexes. Didn't see anything else and my buddy didn't touch anything either.

Got back to my rig and discovered I'd left the hatch on the expedition unlocked. No one had touched it - felt pretty lucky - even more so after reading this post - there was a crapload of stuff in the back - several poles/reals, a big-cheif smoker, etc. I grew up fishing that river and really love it - hope the tweekers don't ruin it.

#322612 - 12/03/05 12:20 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
rattlefish Offline
Parr

Loc: granite falls
It was on the road that goes by machias elementary down at the old "one lane bridge" area. Can I still call it that after they widened it what 6-7 years ago??

OceanSun I did catch a silver that had enough chrome left on it to flash, hope yours was true steel as I love to fish the river and it is so close to home. but I have had a few bad years on it and lost a lot of confadance in its run size.

#322613 - 12/03/05 02:19 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
bank walker Offline
Spawner

The granite falls/outer snohomish area is a "hot spot" for wackos. A couple years ago i parked my truck on a nice sunny day above Granite and was working my way downstream fishing all the pockets and small pools, when about a mile of river later i came around a bend and saw a guy laying on a sand bar about 50 yards away. I kept fishing while keeping an eye on the guy when out of the corner of my eye he raises his arm and exposes a machette commonly used to cut brush. I took two more casts and slowly walked upriver and when he was out of site i took off at a "fast pace" all the way back to my truck.
I rarely fish the river anymore, mostly due to increased pressure and the very obvious downward trend in fish numbers. Be careful out there!
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#322614 - 12/04/05 12:43 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Packing for a fishing trip means adding a little metal before the trip for me!

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#322615 - 12/04/05 01:46 PM Re: Pilchuck River warning!!
run_a_bait Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle
you mean copper and brass. \:\)

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, steely slammer), 1056 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645297 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |