Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#325786 - 12/27/05 09:46 PM Cowlitz zoo
Dr. E Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: South Sound
With all the rivers out of shape it was nuts on the Cowlitz Monday. The most boats I have ever seen on any river at one time, outside the Columbia, and I didn't see a single person fight a fish.

Did see some poor anglers scared half to death when an old timer headed right at them in his G3. Alzheimer moment I'm sure.

#325787 - 12/27/05 11:16 PM Re: Cowlitz zoo
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
We were of the assembled mass out there on Monday. That is what the Cow looks like on a normal winter run day, only problem was there no fish to be had. we saw 2 fish hooked, one on the Clay Banks drift and one down river just above the Mission Bar. You know the fishing is tough when the guides get below the Log Cabin drift trying to find some fish.

#325788 - 12/27/05 11:20 PM Re: Cowlitz zoo
Harbor_Hog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grays Harbor
If that isn't the truth! I am glad I stayed home Monday. I waiting on a new set of 1082's before I make another trip down there.

Harbor-Hog

#325789 - 12/28/05 12:04 AM Re: Cowlitz zoo
ISO STEELHEAD Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
It was quieter below Mission in the morning, both by way of boat and fish battle. We oar blasted through the sledfest of blue creek at daybreak in our 16' db on Monday, because it was the only game in town, and even the sleds were below mission after lunch. I never saw a bent rod the whole day on the cowskunk. I think I'll wait for the other rivers to come back in now.

Montgomery Gentry, 2003

#325790 - 12/28/05 01:14 AM Re: Cowlitz zoo
corkyking Offline
Parr

Loc: Ocean Shores, WA
Looks like it's going to be a while-----

A series of strong fronts and deep low pressure systems will develop over the eastern pacific and affect the pacific northwest over the next several days
Depending on the track and intensity of these systems...high winds are possible over portions of northwest washington as the systems pass through the area

1...a high wind watch has already been issued for the coast and north interior of western washington for a developing system that will pass just off the coast Wednesday

2...another strong front near the dateline will move into the area thursday night
At this time it appears that the best potential for high wind with this front will be along the coast and in the north interior
It appears that this front will be about the same intensity as the strong front that moved through western washington early tuesday morning

3...several runs of various long range computer models have been indicating that a deep low pressure system will develop off the oregon coast friday then move north into the washington coastal waters friday night
While the coast is most likely to see strong wind with this type of system...any additional strengthening or a jog a little to the east could give widespread damaging wind to all of western washington

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 1104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |