Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#333960 - 02/16/07 08:21 PM How serious do you have to be
Bill G Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Buckley Wa.
I have been talking to a member of a local bass club. I have been thinking I could gain a lot of fishing knoledge and skill from a club. I am not a competitive person any more. I have made my mark raised my kid and am now winding down my working carear.
I am looking to keep my mind active and have a fun time sharing with like minded people. The tounament trail isn't for me for right now.
What do you think is a club a good idea for me or should I just keep taking all my new buddies fishing and forget about a club?
Bill

#333969 - 02/16/07 08:42 PM Re: How serious do you have to be [Re: Bill G]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
The only thing I ever got from clubs is bills for yearly dues or constant phone calls trying to sell me a "Lifetime Membership."

One thing you might get from a local bass club however is access to private lakes, and a new crowd of friends/fishing buddies.

#334011 - 02/17/07 03:16 AM Re: How serious do you have to be [Re: Irie]
skeeter bassin Offline
Fry

Loc: Bonney Lake
I am on the other end of the spectrum. I belong to a local bass club, and without a doubt it is one of the best things I have ever done to advance my bass fishing knowledge/skill level. I joined this club thinking I was a pretty good bass fisherman. Boy was I in for a rude awakening. After about 5 minutes of talking with them I soon realized what a kindergartner I was. What better environment to learn from than to be associated on and off the water with some of the best anglers in the state . The club I am involved with is heavy into tournament fishing, most of the members primarily only fish our club tournaments, myself included. I have to say though, that the tournaments are an incredible amount of fun. The first 2 tournaments I fished I ended up 2nd to last in both, and have never had so much fun in my life. For me it has been a great opportunity to get out with some great anglers and talk shop, so to speak. Not to mention being able to fish waters I have never been on before and get their assistance on how/where to fish.

For anybody else looking and wondering, one of the 1st questions I get asked is "Do I need a bass boat to fish the tournaments?" The answer to this is an astounding NO. There are plenty of back seats open and members are always willing to take somebody out with them.

Bill if ya have any questions, send me a line - skeeterbassin97@aol.com. I live nearby and if ya like we can sit down for coffee or talk over the phone if ya like. If memory serves me correctly you also work graves, so it shouldnt be too much trouble to get in touch.

#334063 - 02/17/07 08:13 PM Re: How serious do you have to be [Re: skeeter bassin]
Daniel T Offline
Fry

Loc: Puyallup
skeeter bassin is correct. In fact with his help I was able to start attending the same bass club he is in. I'm not a full member yet but I can already tell it is exactly what I was looking for. Aside from tournaments the club offers plenty of information to advance your fishing skills.

#334108 - 02/18/07 12:59 PM Re: How serious do you have to be [Re: Daniel T]
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
I joined PSA SnoKing a couple of years ago and geo all sorts of tips on saltwater fishing. I'd expect any other local club to be the same whether it is a freshwater or saltwater club.

PSA is P(uget)S(ound)A(nglers).

#334135 - 02/18/07 05:22 PM Re: How serious do you have to be [Re: Zen Leecher aka Bill W]
Bill G Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Buckley Wa.
Thanks guys
I have always gotten feedback on any question asked. I am glad to be part of this forum and consider most as freinds I havent met YET.
I will E-mail you Skeeter.
Bill

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 534 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |