THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#341441 - 03/22/07 12:50 PM Re: Are military style firearms suitable for hunting? [Re: j 7]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Good point on the cougar/bear hound hunting and baiting issue. The funny thing is that nobody has ever tried to dispute the constitutionality of that initiative, as initiatives can only address a single issue. That initiative actually addressed up to 4 depending on how you look at it.

I'm all for restricting magazine capacity "FOR HUNTING ONLY". I don't see any reason why someone would need more than 4 or 5 rounds in a rifle while hunting. I still carry about 15-20 rounds on me, just in case I ever get lost and I need to signal.

Many states have magazine restrictions for hunting while Washington currently has no such restriction.

One issue is that I would exempt .22s and other rimfires. Some of them have tubular magazines that really can't be modified, 10/22's have a standard 10 round mag, and my .17 hmr and .22 mag rifles have 8 rounders. I'm not aware of anybody making 5 rounders.

Even when I'm at the range, I usually only load 10 rounds at most in my AR mags, for two 5 round groups. I shoot one group, then the other, make the rifle safe, then go down range. If I load more, then I end up having to remove the mag and remove the chambered round.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#341505 - 03/22/07 07:05 PM Re: Are military style firearms suitable for hunting? [Re: j 7]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
 Originally Posted By: j7intheboat
I wouldn't see the difference between a browning semi auto in .308 that could hold 5 rounds and a HK semi auto in .308 with the same capacity other than apperance.

My point exactly!

#341514 - 03/22/07 07:30 PM Re: Are military style firearms suitable for hunting? [Re: Irie]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Why are laws concerning what another man wants to carry in his rifle needed ?

There are more laws than can be enforced already...

Close down every meth lab. in the U.S., catch every thief and rapist, then get back to me about passing more laws which solve problems that don't even exist.....................................

#341517 - 03/22/07 07:38 PM Re: Are military style firearms suitable for hunting? [Re: Oregonian]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
 Originally Posted By: Oregonian

Close down every meth lab. in the U.S., catch every thief and rapist

Then how in the F am I supposed to make money and get laid. HA HA HA just kidd'n.

j7 2012

#342706 - 03/27/07 10:37 PM Re: Are military style firearms suitable for hunting? [Re: j 7]
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
As long as proper ammo is used they are fine. Isn't it illegal to hunt with full metal jacket like many sks bullets are.....just a thought

#342748 - 03/28/07 12:18 AM Re: Are military style firearms suitable for hunting? [Re: Dave D]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
PMC, Winchester, Wolf, and other companies make softpoint and HP rounds suitable for hunting.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |