Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#343718 - 04/01/07 02:34 PM The rock was hot
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
Went to rock lake saturday. Action was hot. Wind was terible with 2' waves. We found a litle spot out of the wind and knocked em dead. Biggest ones were a 21" and 19" german browns. Nobody had a digital camera or phone camera so I have to wait until I burn the roll of film to get the pictures. Nobody else did any good. All the folks we talked to at the launch didn't catch anything.

j7 2012

#344323 - 04/03/07 12:35 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: j 7]
Jay S Offline
Parr

did you ever get a chance to try any planer boards

#344332 - 04/03/07 01:08 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: Jay S]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

I orderd the planner boards (sidewinders) last week but they havent arrived yet. I was using my standard knock em dead method. This time I used the down rigger to get 10 - 15 feet deeper.

j7 2012

#344358 - 04/03/07 02:42 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: j 7]
Jay S Offline
Parr

good luck with the boards when you get them im sure you will be happy with them. Did you hear about the 14 lb brown caught out there a week or 2 ago

#344364 - 04/03/07 03:13 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: Jay S]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Jay S. No I didn't hear that. I heard a guy landed a nice one off the launch but they didn't say it was anything near 14 lbs. I'm hunting for a big one like that out there. I have plenty of browns for the smoker. Now I'm hunting the "Trophy of the Rock". I belive the new state record brown lives in this lake. I just hope I can get him on my line. Current record is 22 lbs and is one the oldest records in Washington.

I really wish the WDFW would push a little harder to purchase the land and put in a decent ramp and parking. Guys are really pushing the limits of the un-improved launch and parking is a free-for-all. I e-mailed the WDFW about this issue and they told me that they would do something if the land became available but they were not pushing the issue. They currently lease the property.

j7 2012

#344391 - 04/03/07 04:22 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: j 7]
Jay S Offline
Parr

im aware of the situation with the launch my buddy is a friend with some of the locals and to my understanding alot of the land around the lake is actualy for sale. Google it and you will see the lake place for sale. So I think if the wdfw really wanted to get the little piece the launch is on they could. I have heard they cant come to a mutal agreement and thats why we suffer. They just need to pay the money not like the lakes going anywhere soon and it is a great fishery. Unfortantly I havent made it out there this year to fish. We do hunt some down there and some time stop and fish off shore but have the best success when we bring out the old aluminum. Have you ever bass fished this lake I was thinking about trying it for some bass this year. Heard there is some whoppers in there. The funny thing is that rock probly holds more than just the brown record for washington. There is not much pressure do to the launch problem and the size off this lake. I cant wait to buy my new boat then I will be taking more advantage of this mysterious water not to fun in a 12 foot flatbottom with waves comeing over the bow. Again good luck mabey one day we will actualy run into each other down there. And you will have that trophy to bragg about. You will probably tell me you nailed it pulling your favorite plug behind that orange torpedo(sidewinder).

#344399 - 04/03/07 04:55 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: Jay S]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Jay S,

I have never fished for bass but I have heard its pretty good. I usualy stop heading north when the springers get here. Then I just stay down here on hte Snake and Clearwater fishing for salmon, smallmouth, and catfish until its time for steelhead and hunting. Maybe I will see ya at the Rock sometime between February and April. I plan on going up there at least 2 or 3 times more this year. Send me a PM and we can exhange e-mail or numbers and we can organize something.

j7 2012

#344408 - 04/03/07 05:40 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: j 7]
Jay S Offline
Parr

sounds good i just started fishing the clear water this year for steelies and wanted to learn more about the salmon down there never have fished for them and still working on the steelie so next time your out let me know mabey we could catch a couple records. Now your going to make me learn how to send a pm.

#344413 - 04/03/07 05:56 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: Jay S]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

To send a PM,

Just click on the screen name of the person you would like to send a PM. A list should drop down and have a list of selections. Select send PM and your on your way.

To check your PM's go to the top of the page and click the "My Stuff" heading. Then click "my messages" that is where you can see if any body has sent you a PM. I'll send you one and see if you can find it.

j7 2012

#344665 - 04/04/07 06:54 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: j 7]
Jay S Offline
Parr

if you get time check this out wont help your fishing but some intresting things about the lake http://www.spokaneoutdoors.com/rocklake.htm

#344667 - 04/04/07 06:58 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: Jay S]
Jay S Offline
Parr

I also looked into the property and it appears it sold so wonder what the plans are now. http://www.eaglestar.net/jns2-.html

#344710 - 04/04/07 10:47 PM Re: The rock was hot [Re: Jay S]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

That was a some pretty cool history in that first site. I didn't know that Chief Kamiakin was burruied there.

j7 2012

#344788 - 04/05/07 10:41 AM Re: The rock was hot [Re: j 7]
Jay S Offline
Parr

Yea I thought it was pretty cool too. Mabey I can catch that monster they talk about or some sturgin thought that was odd.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |