LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#345957 - 04/10/07 08:18 PM Thug gets his...
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
Pacman Jones gets suspended for 1 year!!! New commish has ballls! Already some are screaming racism! Can't wait to hear what Jackson and Sharpton have to say... Good on Goodell!!!
Chris Henry got 8 game suspension for his indiscretions...

#345965 - 04/10/07 08:47 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: nookie dreamin']
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
i dunno if calling him a thug is right...and i agree with chad johnson's comments saying goodell is just trying to make a name for himself...1 year is a little stiff, pacman has the right to appeal after 10 games and im almost possitive he will be reinstated then

#345989 - 04/10/07 10:51 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: mreyns_tgl]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Yeah he can be reinstated after 10 games, but only if he meets all the requirements that was laid out by the league. Most NFL insiders are already saying he most likely will not meet those requirements. Plus he has to stay out of trouble between now and then, which was hard enough when he had football to fill most of his freetime, what do you think his chances of getting into trouble are now, with all this freetime on his hands? I would say pretty good.

#346015 - 04/11/07 01:22 AM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: mreyns_tgl]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Would you call him a model citizen? The guy is a thug, punk, waste of oxygen.. He isn't the only one, and sure, a year looks excessive. Goodell has to draw the line where Tagliague did'nt have the balls to put an end to this kind of behavior. Of course the damage was done before Jones made it to the NFL, but countless people had countless chances to stop this crap when he was still young enough to learn, Unfortunately, It didn't happen.
To hear his mamma whine about what a rough life he's led doesn't
make it ok. Hell, I grew up in a family of ten kids, only knew my father for a few short years, and could have chosen a path towards destruction.. However, i learned right from wrong, respect for others and respect for myself. I guess it's easy to do when you don't have enablers like mammas, coaches and serious anti social tendencies to mold you into an a**hole that thinks the world revolves around them. I do not posess the athletic gifts that Jones, Stevens, Johnson and others posess, but I like to believe that If I had, it would not be an excuse to be a d*ck. I hope his suspension stands, but if it doesn't, I hope his peers (team and league mates) take matters in their own hands and teach this punk and others like him what honor and repect are all about. All the great ones are rolling over in thier graves, seeing what these THUGS have turned their beloved NFL into. Goodell is simply saying enough is enough! And it his position as commisioner that allows him to be as mercilous as nessesary to get these cretins either under control, or out of the league! Ok, I've said my piece......Flame away!

#346042 - 04/11/07 09:55 AM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: nookie dreamin']
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Even the fans in Tennessee don't like Pacman. He'll never make the 10th game re-instatement because he'll either be in jail or dead. He's a great guy, nothing like going to Vegas and shooting some people.

You are right on Nookie!

#346048 - 04/11/07 10:23 AM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: Snake Pliskin]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
With a name like "Pac Man" you would think the ladys would love ya. Guy is a chump. Pulling the race card.. how lame. That seems to be a one way street. Just once I would like to hear Jessie and Al declair that "this man is indeed a loser and is getting what he deserves".

#346062 - 04/11/07 11:27 AM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
1 year suspension X 4:20 = ?

#346072 - 04/11/07 11:53 AM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: fish4brains]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
Its is the Mike Tyson scenario. When you give a very young man a lot of money, power, and NO GUIDANCE in the right direction. Guidance is an important thing for some people and I'm sure he could have used some in college or high school. Unfortunatley he seems like a habitual police magnet and it may be a little too late for him. He will have to overcome a lot of change.

I back the commisioners decision and I think Adam Jones has to be responsible for his own actions. I just hope he can turn himself around, learn from his mistakes, and get back into the league. As a defender he is great and just the right person for the job. You want guys on defense that are scary and chew on metal in the locker room. But you want these guys to able to turn off the aggresion, off the field, and in the community.

j7 2012

#346073 - 04/11/07 11:55 AM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: j 7]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

I don't buy that.. This guy was probably a douch bag in high school and still a douch bag today. Money didn't make him that way.. it just gave him the means to get famous for it.

#346076 - 04/11/07 12:09 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
 Originally Posted By: B-RUN STEELY
I don't buy that.. This guy was probably a douch bag in high school and still a douch bag today. Money didn't make him that way.. it just gave him the means to get famous for it.

My point was that it was a combination of money, power, and improper guidance. Money wasnt the only factor. He was not pointed in the right direction or he didn't understand or accept any guidance when it was given tio him. Sure he may have been a "douche bag" before but an imature "douche bag" with a lot of money and new found fame is most definatley worse.

I am not a Adam Jones appologist but I do believe some young men in the league have some maturity issues that stem from the money and power that comes from being an NFL player.

I certanly understand what your saying. Garbage in, garbage out. He has the chance now to undo his wrongs and set an example for the other"douche bags" in the league.

j7 2012

#346079 - 04/11/07 12:30 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: j 7]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

The ONLY reason he is not "sitting in county jail" with the homies and tweakers is because he is famous.

I used to watch some NBA games every so often. Allen Iverson was the end of that. Anybody who gets 1 million dollars and then proceeds to hang 500,000 of it around his neck in the form of "bling" is a dumbass.

There are lots of good role model guys out there. I think the one that stands out in my mind is John Randell ( played for the Vikings for 10 years, pro bowler for 9, more sacks in a 10 year time span than any player past or active, was a walk on that was never drafted) I saw him talking about this very subject some time ago. When he got his first contract ( which was for the league min at the time) The first thing he did was go to Mcdonalds and buy 3 quarter pounders because he could, then he bought his mom a house, and he lived in a studio apartment. He later got some serious money and spent a bunch of it building rec centers for kids in the small town in Texas that he was from. The guy was a scary dude on the field, and the nicest person you could imagine off of it. His hobbie ??? Fishing of course.

Maybe John should take Pac Man fishing ??

#346116 - 04/11/07 01:59 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Gene Upshaw (One of the all-time greats)of the NFLPA is in full support of Goodell's ruling.. That says a lot about how idiots like Jones, Henry, Johnson & Stevens are viewed by thier fellow league players... Sounds like they've had enough of this sh*t also...

#346154 - 04/11/07 04:37 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: nookie dreamin']
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
It's always dangerous to give fame and fortune to an uneducated moron.

#346197 - 04/11/07 10:42 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: Irie]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Negativity.........

#346200 - 04/11/07 11:13 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: fish4brains]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

#346506 - 04/14/07 02:08 AM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: j 7]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

The dude was given guidance thoughout his career(high school, college and pros), but chose to ignore it because it was all just "honky bullsh*t. More of the "white man trying to keep the black man down" horsesh*t" HE CHOSE TO IGNORE IT ALL FOR "STREET CRED". That's where he and others like him are going to end up, either on the streets, or dead on the streets. The guidance that was offered to him and many others was the same kind of guidance that has been offered (and in most cases taken) by others be they white, black, hispanic or asian. The ones that heeded the guidance are the one you don't hear about in the media. They just go on about thier business, respecting
others, and getting the repect they have earned without the benefit of millions of dollars dropped in thier laps. What Irie said,
give an uneducated moron massive amounts of money and watch what happens......Goodell's ruling has already had it's intended effect. Did anyone catch the story about Joey Porter and his supposed apology to that other Jones guy? He is afraid that he could be next in line, and made up a phony baloney apology for what he and his posse did to Jones. the thugs... well THEY GOT SERVED!!!!

#347205 - 04/17/07 10:18 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: nookie dreamin']
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Damn, nookie....you're dialed on this!!

#347219 - 04/17/07 10:59 PM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: ParaLeaks]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Not judging the man by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character.. MLK...

#347274 - 04/18/07 03:23 AM Re: Thug gets his... [Re: nookie dreamin']
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Anybody think I'm wrong?

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |