THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#359772 - 06/20/07 06:23 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: hohbomb73]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

[quote=hohbomb73][quote=TBJ]

The weather sucked. The girls were too few and wore too much clothing. Didn't even see any of the hundred or so boats catch anything "oversized".

I think this quote sums up where the pics are Todd. ):

#359774 - 06/20/07 06:27 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Waterboy]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
I think this one should just die on the vine before more damage is done to relationships and reputations

#359777 - 06/20/07 06:52 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: One Way]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
It already sounds too late for that.

This has become the "Y2K" of Piscatorial Pursuits.

#359780 - 06/20/07 07:03 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Todd]
Jordan Offline
Parr

Loc: Lake Stevens
 Originally Posted By: Todd
So...four pages of blabbing is all fine and good, it's not like it doesn't happen regularly here...but where the hell are the pictures? Isn't htat what this shindig was supposed to be about?

Fish on...

Todd

That's what I was thinking too.

#359786 - 06/20/07 07:22 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Jordan]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
You have got to be kidding me!!! No pics? This was hyped up more than a Cooney fight! I keep checking for babes and we got people talking about fishing for shad with divers? Man.....

Edited by avid angler (06/20/07 07:22 PM)

#359792 - 06/20/07 07:42 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: VHawk.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

This event is right up there with Evil Knievel and the Snake river canyon fiasco.......all blow and no go!!!

Edited by Sol Duc (06/20/07 08:08 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#359795 - 06/20/07 08:13 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Sol Duc]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

I don't have the pics. Hobomb is mailing the CD's, they are very high resolution. About the biggest waste of an expensive camera rental, taking pics of Merg in a bikini. I abuse Merg, but I'm still bitter about the picture of me in my gym shorts, and knee socks he posted. j/k

Although my disappointment is immense that we utterly failed to get pics of half naked girls fishing, the whole trip was alot of fun for the few people who showed.

When I get the pics, I'll post them. But not sure anybody really wants to see them. It was overhyped. I couldn't get boats without the hype. It's my fault for trying to bring together 3 of the most unpredictable, unmanageable forces in nature...women, weather, and fish.

I'm probably done for awhile. When this collapsed about Thursday night, I got sick and swallowed my vomit a couple of times. Nothing fun about that. I don't even feel like writing. The 2,000 post will have to wait until the winter.

#359796 - 06/20/07 08:48 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: VHawk.]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Honest and outthere. Look fwd to your posts down the road.

#359797 - 06/20/07 09:02 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: VHawk.]
Jake Dogfish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines
Sorry to hear about the problem Stever. I am glad you got the guy.

I agree with Vince about the anchoring situation, atleast you guys caught something.
I remember this girl I really liked kept saying she really wanted to go fishing with me. Then she flaked of course over and over. I really wished I hadn't agreed to the fishing part after awhile because I just wanted to go out. But the flaking pissed me off ya know? ;\)

#359798 - 06/20/07 09:04 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: seastrike]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Vince, no big deal, [censored] happens, keep posting I think you're funny as hell!

- Albert Einstein.

#359808 - 06/20/07 10:56 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Sol Duc]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Vince, When I get back from Jellystone and The Southwest, I'll take you down for sturgeon so you can do it and have fun at the same time.

My boat has a rules: The camera's dont come out til the fish is either tailed or netted.
The VHF is off limits.
If cant handle simple directions, you aren't a big enough boy to handle beer or operate watercraft, so siddown & STFU.
If you want to complain, get your own boat, fill it with your own gas, buy your own tabs, do your own maintenance, supply your own fishing gear and bait, then I'll listen.

#359815 - 06/20/07 11:52 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Irie]
Dover Hurricane Offline
Smolt

Loc: Alki
praise to big_daddy for killing the thread, sorry this didn't play out as planned. Next year is bound to be better ;\)

#360141 - 06/23/07 12:35 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: VHawk.]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Loc: Oahu, HI /Olympia, WA
 Originally Posted By: VHawk
 Originally Posted By: Mergantroider
Where i learned to drop anchor was down by the kalama in fast A$$ water with an undersized anchor...so my dropping anchor was a 30 feet OVEr what you thought you needed for line out, then drop and let line out...so the slower water threw me a bit...plus where we were anchoring wasnt bad at all people wise. down at the kalama....if you misjudged your line out by inches...you were ramming another boat. So my " ummm i think we should go a bit further up" was because i always like more line out than less.

There's three commands I give in which I don't want any opinions, or back talk:

1. Pass me another beer
2. Spread 'em
3. Drop the anchor.

Did we have any problems with any of my anchor spots? Nope. Even when you were crying that we were going to ram Steves' boat at that last spot we fished. We slipped in right next to them and effectively corked Jessie. And did our anchor ever slip? Only when you dropped the buoy before I told you to. If you'd drop the damn anchor when I tell you, instead of getting mouthy while we drift, we'd have an extra 30 feet of line out. When your wearing the bra and panties, and I'm wearing the Captains Cup and Jock strap, you'll not be rewarded for thinking independently.

Pay attention when I use my big person voice.

wow...vince...i never knew. all this time i just thought you were a midget trapped in a big persons body. what kills me most is i didnt say a peep about hauling that anchor up and down forty times ....even though you all knew i blew my back out launching the boats. Way to be a jerk. Thanks.

Edited by Mergantroider (06/23/07 01:12 PM)

#360155 - 06/23/07 02:25 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Mergantroider]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

If you blew your back out launching a sled you did something wrong. No, I didn't realize you actually hurt yourself. I'm not joking or trying to be mean, I just don't want people hurting themselves fishing with me. If the trailer is not far enough in the water that it slides easily off the trailer, or motors off easily, then let me know to back if farther down. Don't screw up your back even worse.

#360178 - 06/23/07 05:59 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: VHawk.]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

i turned with the rope in my hand . no pulling. and i told you i threw my back out. Whatever dude. it wasnt a " someone will get hurt if i pause before i throw the anchor out" theres a motor and its engaged. worst case scenario is you motor 10 feet upstream to your original position. Just like the whole battle we had yeaterday with matt. i said...inside of the boat is going to be the best anchor because of the way these two converge. we tried three different anchor spots before matt went " inside of that boat is going to be the best spot to anchor"

hmmmmm

Nobody would get hurt if i pause a sec and ask you or put in two cents of " we're only going ot be able to put out 20 feet of rope that wont hold us, before we reach the spot you keep waggling your finger and telling me where you want to be."

your over reacting. its easy to take Gregs commands on the boat because every time he anchored....its exactly where he wanted to be...the first time, almost every time. In twice as fast water and closer than any anchor Ive seen you and i attempt yet. So its easy to be a robot and drop anchor when someone is obviously really good at anchoring says " alright...drop anchor."

also...greg knows i am good with boats and with this kind of stuff. So the one time he did have trouble and i said i could do it....he handed the wheel right over and went to the bow to get ready to drop anchor...and the first time i ever postioned a boat to anchor...i got it perfect...stupid anchor was to small though.

when we have to re-pull 20 times....that doesnt instill much confidence in your ability to percieve the waters velocity and judge the rope length on a given situation.

Now dont say because i didnt throw it when you said. because i only threw it after saying my 2 cents and then you said throw it anyway and i would throw it. which wasnt every time. If you didnt like the spot because of the literally 8 seconds it took to communicate.....you could have gunned the motor for a fraction of a second and went back to the same spot. so dont blame it on me not throwing it right away. you have the ability to reposition after each time i wasnt snappy about my throw, and do it again. Yes...even after i argued.

Just for the record...anytime someone questions your authority....its because your ability to lead has come into question in another humans mind....it may not be from mistakes but from personality/body language/actions. I dont even know why i questioned you. in my mind every time you wanted to throw anchor you were always short by about 30 feet in my head. almost every time. When we were close to steve...i didnt really think you were going to hit but i did say " its gonna be close"
I always learn things the hard way or really well the first time... so when i questioned you....it was because i have little expirience in getting within a few feet of another boat in faster water with a heavier boat and a smaller anchor....the first couple of times i ever threw an anchor overboard. But it was from watching greg do it a few times and watching the whole process. We made it within a foot of both boats on either side but our anchor wouldnt hold. that was the most hair raising time i have ever spent on a river, that day with greg.

i will throw the anchor for you next time without a peep. Then we do the 'ole "i told you so" afterwards k? that way no one gets hurt and i dont have to hear the squeeling in my ear k pumpkin ? \:\)

Edited by Mergantroider (06/23/07 06:04 PM)

#360180 - 06/23/07 06:08 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: VHawk.]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Originally Posted By: VHawk

If you blew your back out launching a sled you did something wrong. No, I didn't realize you actually hurt yourself. I'm not joking or trying to be mean, I just don't want people hurting themselves fishing with me. If the trailer is not far enough in the water that it slides easily off the trailer, or motors off easily, then let me know to back if farther down. Don't screw up your back even worse.

it was when i helped launched steves boat. i turned my hips to walk down the dock and kept my shoulders facing the boat..it came off perfect...i turned and just started to walk the boat down the dock as it floated 'pop'..back went bye bye.

#360184 - 06/23/07 06:14 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Mergantroider]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
V-Hawk aren't ya bein' a little hard on the Beav. I doubt he has much to say and would be willing to bet he hardly said a peep when anchoring...............not.

Experience and confidence go a long way when dealing with technical situations. Ideally when the skipper says do this you do that, no questions or 8 seconds of yammering. The skipper is in control and is responsible for their vessel. Period... even if you don't like it. There may be some exceptions to this rule but not on my boat. If someone else has more experience then I will always consult and take their advice under advisement but the decision is ultimately the Captains responsibility.

RVW

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#360188 - 06/23/07 06:28 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: ]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
You haven't missed any PICTURES \:\(

#360194 - 06/23/07 06:41 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: RowVsWade]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
V-Hawk aren't ya bein' a little hard on the Beav. I doubt he has much to say and would be willing to bet he hardly said a peep when anchoring...............not.

Experience and confidence go a long way when dealing with technical situations. Ideally when the skipper says do this you do that, no questions or 8 seconds of yammering. The skipper is in control and is responsible for their vessel. Period... even if you don't like it. There may be some exceptions to this rule but not on my boat. If someone else has more experience then I will always consult and take their advice under advisement but the decision is ultimately the Captains responsibility.

RVW

agreed...and i can even tell by the way you posted/typed that i wouldnt hesitate to launch .....its the confidence and expirience that would stop any doubts in my head. i probably would smile like a moron and throw it out with as much zealous as i could muster and not even bat an eye....

Edited by Mergantroider (06/23/07 06:42 PM)

#360511 - 06/25/07 10:14 PM Re: Angling Angels, Last minute stuff [Re: Mergantroider]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This one will join the others

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, Tug 3), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |