Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#363009 - 07/15/07 10:21 PM Controlled Hunt Results
tmike Offline
Fry

Loc: Black Diamond
FYI they completed the drawing. You can go into your hunt draw history and see if you were successful for 2007. It won't tell you which choice. That will come next week hopefully. I struck out this year. Good luck my nephew drew a branched bull tag.

#363025 - 07/16/07 12:11 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: tmike]
bigman Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Out of 3 family members I was the only one who got a tag \:\(
Deer, just gotta wait to see where at

#363031 - 07/16/07 12:29 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: bigman]
salty Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I drew deer, but nada on the rest. Had a couple of primo hunts for 1st and 2nd choices, so I've got my fingers crossed. I've heard of a number of people that have "E" listed...wonder if that means "Error"? Guess we'll see next week. Hope for WDFW's sake they don't have to redraw.

#363039 - 07/16/07 12:56 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: salty]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Do you have a link? Can't find anything but 206 data.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#363082 - 07/16/07 11:11 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
tmike Offline
Fry

#363194 - 07/16/07 08:13 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: tmike]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
Archery - Margaret or Toutle Bull.
Not sure which unit yet.

#363245 - 07/17/07 02:17 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
Dan D.V. Offline
Eyed Egg

I didn't draw, but my kids went nuts.

My 16 y/o son drew a great buck tag (don't know which GMU yet, but we only put in for three primo ones).

My 13 y/o son drew:
- Buck tag
- Bull elk tag
- Moose tag
- Bighorn Sheep tag

Really. That must be like hitting the lottery. I'm pretty excited.....

#363259 - 07/17/07 09:12 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dan D.V.]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Dan D.V.
I didn't draw, but my kids went nuts.

My 16 y/o son drew a great buck tag (don't know which GMU yet, but we only put in for three primo ones).

My 13 y/o son drew:
- Buck tag
- Bull elk tag
- Moose tag
- Bighorn Sheep tag

Really. That must be like hitting the lottery. I'm pretty excited.....

Are you sure? That seems like a dream. If it is true you have a lot of work to do.

#363343 - 07/17/07 02:20 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Sorry to give you all bad news.But heres the scoop,straight from Olympia this morning.I called them about 10 this morning.And have already posted this on a couple other sites

None of the info you have found out is accurate.They hope the results will be posted by Friday but they do have till the end of the month..Till then nothing you have seen matters.

They told me the successful-unsuccesful is not accurate and cannot be verified.

Hope those of you that think you got drawn arent disapointed.And do get what you think you did.I know I would be,and am, just having to continue to wait.

Sorry guys.

#363371 - 07/17/07 05:26 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bellingham
SWEET!!!!

that means there may still be a glimmer of a chance!

#363373 - 07/17/07 05:37 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Bummer for Dan DV. Or maybe not as that did sound like a lot of work. Shoot I'd quit my job to guide my son around on those hunts he "drew". Hope some of those stick.
I have a friend with a goat tag in ID this year and can't wait to see the goat in camp as I'll arrive after that hunt is done.

#363397 - 07/17/07 06:57 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: seastrike]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

has anyone found anything online to explain the error by the wdfw?

I was just hoping that there was a good honest explanation behind it. Oh wait, it is the wdfw, I guess that sums it up.

#363399 - 07/17/07 07:06 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Dont blame WDFW ,sure they have their faults but you can blame Outdoor Central for this 1. They are the outfit in charge of permit draws. I think everybody out to go to there site and let them know what we think.

#363412 - 07/17/07 07:21 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

makes me feel better to blame wdfw, besides they are the one that contracts them for the special permit process.

#363424 - 07/17/07 07:42 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Well,

I have to admit it, you can all blame me. When I saw that I wasn't drawn with a minimum of 5 preference points on any one of 5 species (9 for elk, moose, sheep, and goat, 5 for deer), I was hoping for the data to be incorrect.

I think that what folks get when they try an end around though, and the method folks were using didn't seem correct. Remember, your name may be pulled out of the hat, but if your chosen hunts have already been given away to folks drawn before you, you still get no joy.

Anyway, I've been a good boy this past year, and I deserve to be drawn. Not you guys. ;\)

I feel sorry for Dan's son, but then again he's at camp and didn't even know. Here hoping I really do get drawn, as is will make up for being drawn as an alternate on a moose tag two years ago. I'll save some pepperoni for you.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#363443 - 07/17/07 08:53 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
tmike Offline
Fry

If it's true they messed up, sorry to get your hopes up if you thought you drew. When I saw the kid got sheep, moose , deer and elk tag I thought something was up. I know my nephew will be bummed, but that means my wife and I are still in the game. I should have known I need to see it in writing.WDFW or someone else, this is typical of our state.

#363479 - 07/18/07 12:16 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: tmike]
Camofish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
Nada, again for me. Guess I'll keep throwing my $5 out there till I get it, and I'll be fookin' stoked when I do. Deer, Elk, & moose...

#363623 - 07/18/07 05:41 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: ]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Sent this in this morning along with a couple phone calls.
Dear Mr Koenings, 07/18/07

There has been a great deal of concern in the hunting community regarding this years permit draw process.Most people feel that the extension given on the submission of draws was not fair to people that put their selections in on time.They feel that it gave people an opportunity to apply for permits that wouldnt have ordinarily applied.Thus taking opportunity away from people that applied on time.

Another situation has been where people are going to the site where you put in your wild I.D. # and it tells if you were selected, or not selected for Individual species and for each year.They are seeing results for 2007 showing if they have been selected or not,but arent yet able to see what units they were selected for, if they were selected for a special permit.
Some offices are saying that it is not valid information and it will probably change.Other offices are saying it is accurate, and all that needs to be posted is the unit that an individual was selected for.

Another area of concern is the validity of this years permit draw.We have all been seeing the notice that "Due to technical difficulties special hunt results are not yet available."A lot of people have been calling the Olympia offices and regional offices.Then they get a lot of conflicting reports of what is going on with the draw system.

Some of the examples are
That bonus points were not put in so a redraw needs to be done.
There is a server issue transfering the info from Outdoor Central to WDFW.
That the selected- not selected portion of the draws is accurate.
That the selected-not selected portion is not accurate.

Most sportsmen and women feel that Outdoor Central has been in this business for a long time.They should be very capable of handling any and all issues that come up with the permitting process and that delays and mistakes on their part are totally unacceptable.But that they seem to make them every year.We hope that this issue has been taken up with them and that we wont be seeing these kinds of problems in the future.

Unfortunately most people are placing the blame on WDFW because your office did the hiring of Outdoor Central.Thus you are ultimately responsible for the final outcome.This is causing a major image problem with WDFW as seen by our states sportsmen and women.

I have been seeing these issues talked about on several internet bulletin boards.One thing that has been a pretty good suggestion would be if there is any way you could put up a bulletin on WDFWs website,and explain what is really going on.Maybe address some of the issues I brought up.And also to explain what is being done to get these issues straightened out.

I would really appreciate it if I could hear back from you regarding this letter.
You can reach me at xxxxxx .com

Sincerely,
Rick Hill

These are just a few examples of whats going on.

They put this out a little while ago.
WDFW ADVISORY
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/

July 18, 2007

Results of special-hunt drawing delayed

The results of the drawing for 2007 special hunting permits are not available at this time, due to technical difficulties with the Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (WDFW) computerized licensing system.

WDFW will post the results on this website and contact successful applicants as soon as the drawing is completed and the results are verified.

A test drawing, conducted July 14, was never verified, because WDFW found that its licensing system failed to include bonus points for many applicants. WDFW is working with Outdoor Central, its licensing system vendor, to correct that problem before conducting a final drawing.

“Fairness is the key issue here,” said Larry Peck, WDFW deputy director. “We need to make sure everyone gets all the bonus points coming to them. This is a two-step process: The drawing is not official until the results have been verified.”

Once that occurs, the department will immediately phone about 320 applicants for special hunts beginning Aug. 1 with the results, Peck said. Other applicants will be notified by mail, as described in WDFW’s Big Game Hunting Rules pamphlet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been sent to the WDFW All Information mailing list.
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this mailing list: http://wdfw.wa.gov/lists/unsubscribe.htm

#363624 - 07/18/07 05:43 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Looks like they are trying to cover their a$$es by saying it was a test run.

#363682 - 07/18/07 09:34 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: HntnFsh
Looks like they are trying to cover their a$$es by saying it was a test run.

My thoughts exactly!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish Lady, onthefly, overkill45
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 432 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |