Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#363686 - 07/18/07 09:48 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Puyallup & Chinook Pass, WA.
NO SH*T!!!
I am HOT!!!. First the extension was BS. NOW this. I got drawn "supposedly "for a dream hunt. Meaning my couple of selections are totally awesome hunts. I was so jacked up I could hardly sleep. Then telling buddies about my hunt now I get kicked in the balls. I smell a rat. If I get new result saying "not selected" I may go postal at the WDFW headquaters.

#363689 - 07/18/07 09:54 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Now you armchair quarterbacks are just plain whining.

Did any of you receive either mail or e-mail notification of you being drawn for a hunt? I doubt so. You were trying to short circuit the system, you thought you found something out early, and now you are pissed. You tried to exploit a weakness in their system, and got burnt. Get over it.

The regs said that they have until July 31st to notify us of being drawn, and that date has yet to pass.

Folks who have the points deserve to get credit for it. When I purchased my special permit apps, their was an error in the number of points that it showed due to me being drawn for AHE cow permits (which don't count against you). They said that the drawing would reflect the correct number of points in the drawing, and apparently it didn't. Certainly sounds plausible to be that they ran a test, and their system for adjusting for these AHE points didn't work.

Look out for the black helicopters, and I'm sorry that you got all butt hurt about this. It really was my fault, not theirs.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#363692 - 07/18/07 10:11 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
Your right Dogfish they have only been doing this for ten years, we should give them some slack.

#363694 - 07/18/07 10:16 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Loc: Rowers Seat
"Due to technical difficulties" what a bunch of bullsh!t. The extension thing has happened for the past 3 years! WDFG has become a laughing stock. Our license fee are higher than most every other state around and we are getting nothing in return for it! Oh, thats right, we are getting lower catches for most species of fish. We are getting, nice, well maintained ramps to launch our vessels at. I'm sure others can chime in on were our money is going. Starting to think I will start hunting in other states again. It's a shame when you can't even get excited about hunting and fishing in your own state. For the $1000 it costs to buy out of state tags, including the expenses for the trip, you get a lot more for you money than you do here. Plus a much better chance of bagging an animal!

Edited by fishmaster (07/18/07 10:18 PM)

#363697 - 07/18/07 10:46 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

So they kept the drawings open for a few more days. Sure, I got mine in on time, but I don't feel slighted.

You were also using the incorrect website for finding out your hunt selections.

You are a bunch of whiny guys who sound like every other "wronged group" and feel that you are either ENTITLED to have everything run perfect, and go your way. Guess what, the world isn't perfect. Get over it Alice.

Sheesh, you guys sound like somebody's squawking 12 year old daughter because her shoes weren't the right shade of pink.

#363720 - 07/19/07 12:29 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

Loc: Hockinson, WA
Wow dogfish you are being a littl eharsh arn't you...

Think of it this way.
WDFW says draw will be friday results will be posted saturday. So you go look saturday, on a WDFW website and see that you are selected, what do you think??? You think you are selected. Then wednesday after mistakes have been found they say oh that was just a test. After they said you can look here at your drawing history, and your current status... And the current status is what got me lookign there.
If i didn't get drawn i would have brushed it off as another year, another preference point just like the last 9.
But the WDFW told me i can see my tag STATUS there so that is where i checked...
There are people that think they should draw every year.
Now i do not know you so i will not make any statements about you or your statements, but i bet if you looked and drew a moose permit or a big bull permit and was fed a line of bull like some, your tune would change...

Now i have already heard some people say oh no it wouldn't matter, if it wasn't a fair draw i would always want it to be redrawn. Well how do you know that this next one will be fair??? Could be problems with the next one and really do not want to deal with it again????
Is there any watchdog on the WDFW??? Nope.
Now i am not really hot anymore, i am over it, but what i am mad about is being fed many different lines of bull.

So do you know for a fact that it was points missing???
I know for a fact that someone in my party was removed from the draw before it happened. We did not know that is what happened untill today, but the drawing was void of his name.
Also heard that there was double the moose permits issued.
Also heard that it was an even draw, nobody had any preference points.

All from the game department, so what do you want people to believe???

#363722 - 07/19/07 12:32 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

Oh yeah maybe now i will draw my desert buck tag...

#363723 - 07/19/07 12:37 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

Your absolutely right , how sellfish of me. Expecting something the state has involvement in to run even close to fair.I'd like to buy you lunch for your insight. You like knuckle sandwiches?

#363726 - 07/19/07 12:42 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: BigTULE]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

I'm harsh? What about all the folks bi-tchin at the WDFW?

Again, they said results by 7/31/07, and they provided a SPECIFIC website to check the results on, and yes, my elk permit ticket showed an incorrect number of preferrence points. The state hasn't passed the deadline yet, and the website they provide in the regs didn't show anything incorrect.

I do hope Dan's sons get a hunt or two, and you guys as well, but you really are sounding like a bunch of whiners. Sorry I upset you by comparing you to a 12 year old girl. Well, not really.

#363728 - 07/19/07 12:43 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

LMFAO, just f*cking with you Dogfish. I know your a good guy. Just upset about being c*ckteased by the WDFW. You know, got me all rutted up and then told me no,

#363730 - 07/19/07 12:46 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

And hey, theres a big difference between whining and be upset. I'm no whiner I'll guarantee you that, but yes I was upset.

#363741 - 07/19/07 02:25 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
Dan D.V. Offline
Eyed Egg

So unbelievably excited..........

Then so terribly bummed.........

Andy, I must blame you. You spoke it, and it was so......

And for the record, I pretty much do feel like a 12 year old girl over this one.

My pet elk need thinning next month.

#363744 - 07/19/07 03:13 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dan D.V.]
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
I think most everyone is mistaken on this. None of the links I checked for my draw results are WDFW. They are all Outdoor Central pages. I was never told by WDFW that I was drawn or not. Only by Outdoor Central. I even told my Dad and stepdaughter that they got drawn, but no one else did. Something is hinky here, but it is not just WDFW. WDFW is always hinky, we know that and should never believe anything unless we have it in writing. Then only believe what we actually see first hand. Now for all the sub-contractors this state uses, they rely on computers to do the work. Computers screw up more than people do. Just look at the election results over the years. It sucks, but we will all have to wait for the new drawing to be done.

#363776 - 07/19/07 10:16 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Big Jim]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
So I have my Margaret or Toutle bull tag taken away......I will get it someday.

My bitch is the problems and lies we are being fed. I follow the rules and apply early and on time. Those that choose to apply late cause problems for the system and they extend the deadline. Would the state Lotto do that? We are not the only state that uses points or Outdoor Central. This is not the first time or first year that we have had problems with the draw. The other states don't seem to have the problems we have. Call one F&W number and get an explanation, call another number and you get another explanation. Send an email and again, a different answer. Leave a message about trapping and never get a reply. Call about tooth submittals and get fed bs by an office assistant that knows nothing. Send an email about any of the above and don't get a reply for going on 23 days. Call about a family members hunting or trapping status and have them tell you that they never held a license or completed a course.....and know that they are wrong.

I know that nothing is ever perfect, but a guy can only take so much.

#363783 - 07/19/07 11:19 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

Amen brother, Amen. WDFW couln't organize a three year olds birthday party yet we pay the highest resident fees around. I think I know their employee's and managment's mentallity. "My checks the same" Am I right?

#363786 - 07/19/07 11:28 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Dan,

I know you know what a 12 year old girl acts like. Am I wrong? ;\)

Two more weeks, and we'll have our answers.

#363905 - 07/19/07 07:15 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
Fishtales Offline
Smolt

Loc: Monroe
So good to finally see someone say that perhaps our fine State of Washington Fish and Wildlife Department may have f'd up. So many of you appreciate the fairness in a redraw, but aren't looking at the people applying for these permits that have multiple years of points built up for a specific hunt. Seeing that some of you respect this and appreciate the drawing did take place (trial drawing my a#s), and the States mistake is a huge mess up, makes me confident that perhaps this will find justice in the near future. Riverswild, you're right, I've been fed bs also on this whole deal. I didn't get my draw, but my dad saw that he got his after 8 points worth, 8 years, and is now in limbo. With 8 points accumulated someone should expect their draw. This point system seems weird anyways with people recieving points for reporting poachers, etc... I hope since my dad, after having a heart attack and surviving it last month, and seeing the results of this draw said, "this is the hunt of a lifetime" gets the opportunity to participate in the hunt. Let the WDFW call him personally and say, "gees, sorry but we f'd up". GOOD JOB WDFW. Not only is it my dad, it's kids, wives, and even you.... Now what do we do, just stand back and get yeehawed in the pooper? Great! Thanks Big Jim, I like the word hinky!

#363913 - 07/19/07 07:48 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Fishtales]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bellingham
seems to me that in the very beginning that I claimed that the WDFW f'd up but was quickly told it wasn't their fault, that it was Outdoor Centrals fault.

WDFW is a big operation with big shoulders, they can handle some dumping on. Besides they should be used to it by now

#363931 - 07/19/07 09:13 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

WDFW chose the contractor, they are responsible.
If you as lets say a home builder, and you sub out some work and it gets screwed up, do you tell the people you are building a house for sorry not my fault, even though it was you who subed out the work??? Pretty much the same. WDFW has no watch dog, there is no accountability, because they are not even accountable to the people who support there jobs.
Fishtales sorry to hear about your dad, hpe he gets out and is able to hunt.
I have 10 points now that i will not draw this year (what are the odds of getting drawn 2 times in the same year???). But i am realistic and know that there is only 34 permits for about 1200 people in the units i put in for. So someday i will draw, i was just excited to see that it was possibly this year...

We need to see some accountability. And responsibility, maybe some pride in ones job. But i forgot they are govt workers... I do not take that litely, because i am a govt. employee also. But tax payers do not pay my wage...

#363965 - 07/20/07 12:29 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: BigTULE]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Big Thule,

I'll also have 10 points for nexts year's draw in at least 3 species. No joy for me in antlerd bull elk in many ,many years, and 5 years for a deer hunt. I'm due as well.

The extension issue was a server issue, and if you were one of the guys who would have gotten screwed out of submitting your application on the last day, you would have been bi-tching about that. The extension was fair. Can you honestly say that the folks who tried to submit their apps on the last day deserve to get screwed out of a chance?

Again, for the third time, they haven't passed the date that they said the results would be out by, July 31st, 2007, and that the results would be available on a specific website. The results you received were on the subcontractor's website, not the WDFW's official website and none of you can say which hunt you were drawn for with any certainty, unless you only put in for a single hunt. As long as they get the results out by 7/31/07, I'm fine by the WDFW, because that is when they said they'd get them out by.

Personally, I'd like the results much earlier, like permits due by Feb 28th, and drawings by March 31st.

Whine, whine, whine. You guys are not acting like 12 year olds, I apologize to 12 year old girls everywhere. Yes, I think you are behaving like a bunch of 2 year olds.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
birdhunter111, metalman, solducsinker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (stonefish, Krijack, Carcassman, Excitable Bob), 1005 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |