Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#364183 - 07/21/07 01:48 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
It just seems that no matter what happens, someone will complain. This entire board seems to have more complainers then sportspeople. Everyone has a right to complain, just get over it and grow up. We went 1 for 6 this year. My Dad lost his elk tag in the second draw, but it happens. Next year he will have a better chance. Everyone knows that this state is screwed up. If you don't like, do something about it. If you do nothing and just whine, why don't you just leave. I hear MT is nice. Cheap tags too. Otherwise, SHUT UP! And yes, even I whine sometimes. I just do it once, then I move on.

#364237 - 07/21/07 07:19 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Big Jim]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

Loc: Hockinson, WA
No more complaining from me...
But some explanation. My points and most everybody's points were used in the drawing.
1)If you are an AH and you drew a tag last year then your points were messed up, just trying to clear that up as people keep saying that nobody had points.
2) backdooring the system. Not sure if i started that but i was told by the game dept. that i could check my drawing status there. So if i am told that i can check there i do.

And you guys that are telling people to shut up and do something, if we do will you help. Probably not, what i have seen from most of us sportsmen if you call somepeople that, is all talk. Bitch about road huntersa but do nothing. Complain about poaching, but how many belong to Eyes in the woods.
Dogfish, Big Jim i gather from your statements on this subject that you are happy with the way these drawings have been run??? And this is not the first year.
In this day of computers do you think they could get it right the first time??? 6 months to do the first drawing, but 2 days to do the redraw??? Hello??? Then they draw guys for tags that they can not even put in for...
Another problem they had and knew it, Multi season tags had to be redrawn, spring bear was messed up. They knew they had problems, and did nothing to fix them.

I enjoy my cheap tags, i am a dissabled vet, and if i did not buy my tags do you think they would care? Probably not.

#364262 - 07/21/07 10:15 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: BigTULE]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
 Quote:
And you guys that are telling people to shut up and do something, if we do will you help. Probably not, what i have seen from most of us sportsmen if you call somepeople that, is all talk. Bitch about road huntersa but do nothing. Complain about poaching, but how many belong to Eyes in the woods.
Dogfish, Big Jim i gather from your statements on this subject that you are happy with the way these drawings have been run??? And this is not the first year.
In this day of computers do you think they could get it right the first time??? 6 months to do the first drawing, but 2 days to do the redraw??? Hello??? Then they draw guys for tags that they can not even put in for...
Another problem they had and knew it, Multi season tags had to be redrawn, spring bear was messed up. They knew they had problems, and did nothing to fix them.

Well said.

#364282 - 07/22/07 01:14 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
Dan D.V. Offline
Eyed Egg

Well, the 2nd draw wasn't as kind to us as the original "unvalidated" draw was, but we were still treated pretty good.

I put my 16 and 13 year old sons in separately, but they both drew the same muzzleloader bull tag, so that will work out well. They're both increasing their effective range pretty quickly so we should be ready come season.

I figure I went 0-for-10 this year.... 0-for-5 in the unvalidated draw and 0-for-5 in the validated draw.

Man, it was nice to see that my kid had drawn a sheep tag, even if it doesn't count. We got to dream for a day....

#364298 - 07/22/07 11:19 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dan D.V.]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Puyallup & Chinook Pass, WA.
LITTLE NACHES A !!!!!!!! I'm Rick James beyotch.

#365275 - 07/26/07 10:34 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
fishnclifff Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver WA
I drew a Lewis doe tag

#365313 - 07/27/07 05:24 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishnclifff]
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
No, I am not happy with the results. But there is nothing that can be done. I went to a non-WDFW site before the results got verified. Got all happy too. All I can do is whine and complain about the draw. But it won't help because I got the results BEFORE they were verified. It just makes me look like a child. So I move on. I am glad they corrected the problem. I know the people who had lots of points built up will be happy and it is the only fair thing to do, redraw. Yes, the WDFW screwed up, they admitted it and fixed it. What would have happened if they just said, Tough, we drew and that's it? As for doing my part, I don't belong to the Eyes in the Woods. But every year we stop at the Vail check station and BS. Most years we bring goodies for them to eat, coffee, etc. These people are using their hunting season and free time to help us, so I commend them for it. I just don't have the time to do it myself. What I do is keep my eyes open while out hunting and fishing. I report poachers, dumpers, trespassers and meth labs on Ft. Lewis and other places and I write down licenses plates of rigs that may be up to no good. So far I have had a large group of crab poachers at Westport busted big time, three different trespassers on Ft. Lewis busted along with a meth lab, and a dumper also busted. I have had two DUI arrests made and reported two forest fires, one had not been reported yet. Has anyone else done anything? Does everyone know it is federal crime to mess around on Ft. Lewis? My brother in law lost his truck for 4X4ing on the Ft. I also did my part to ban nets, I voted. But how many here voted against it because it didn't effect the tribes? Or how about how many of you people voted to ban bear baiting, hound hunting, and trapping because you think it is cruel? Not knowing that it is a drop in the bucket and now we are shelling out tons of money to fix the problems that were created. Everyone who fishes or hunts or traps should stick together and not let PETA and other groups take away our life choices. That is what we should all be doing, working together in what every way we can to help each other out. And now I am taking my own advice and SHUTTING UP.

#365425 - 07/28/07 10:12 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Big Jim]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Or how about how many of you people voted to ban bear baiting, hound hunting, and trapping because you think it is cruel? Not knowing that it is a drop in the bucket and now we are shelling out tons of money to fix the problems that were created. Everyone who fishes or hunts or traps should stick together and not let PETA and other groups take away our life choices. That is what we should all be doing, working together in what every way we can to help each other out

I have stated this before. If the bird hunters would help the trappers, or the fisherman would help the hound hunters, if anyone who purchases a license from F&W would support the other people who purchase licenses from F&W we would not have lost hound hunting and baiting and trapping would not be the joke that it is. I do not know hounds guys and have never done it nor do I trap, but someday I might want to try it. Folks need to wake up, archery is next. And for bait fishermen, the fly and hardware guys will be coming along with PETA.

#365436 - 07/28/07 12:02 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Loc: Rowers Seat
For all of you that have short memories I will remind everyone NEXT YEAR when this same thing happens again!!

And for the record, When did WDFW admit they screwed up? I have never known a State Agency to admit they made a mistake!! Please post the link?

#365456 - 07/28/07 03:44 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

I am happy that they found the errors and gave everyone a chance.We lost two good bull permits and a buck permit, but my buddy drew a Quinault bull on the redraw.

I have seen 3 different news releases from F&W an none of them admitted an agency screw up. What I did see is that they put the whole blame on OC.

What makes me mad is the first release stated that it was a "TEST" draw. Then in a later release it stated there were errors found while validating. Now this release states "hunters who made calls to WDFW offices earlier this week seeking results of the first drawing were given information from the first drawing that had not been validated". To me this implies that the first draw was NOT a test, it was intended to be the real deal, but was not validated when info was given out.

Just give us the truth and I will be happy.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |