THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#368679 - 08/14/07 08:59 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Todd]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
 Originally Posted By: Todd
I'd tell you what I noticed about the Skok when I stopped by there yesterday, I noticed that it is the biggest POS fishery ever crafted by anyone, of any governmental stripe.
No one who cares about sportfishing at all should ever be within ten miles of that river this time of year with a fishing rod in hand.

What? I thought we were headed down there this weekend. I haven't seen you this fired up in a long time....it must have been quite a sight. Never fished it, never will. Glad you and Joe had a good trip.

Ike

#368680 - 08/14/07 09:03 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Ikissmykiss]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Ike,

Trip was excellent...you shoulda been there...we could have used a non-elite to keep us in our places...yeah.

It was the worst thing I have ever seen on a river...makes the Whatcom Creek brick wall fishery scenic and pristine.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#368681 - 08/14/07 09:04 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: ]
r2fishn Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: tacoma
nice try Aunty A couple more twists and Todd will be wound tighter than Banjo at one legged ass kickin contest

#368682 - 08/14/07 09:04 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Marsha, I'll go and look at that one...I've seen it, but haven't clicked on it due to lack of interest on my part...but it must be getting fun there now!

Fish on...

Todd

#368683 - 08/14/07 09:05 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

r2, have no fear...not getting wound up, in spite of what it looks like on the in-ter-nets, is what I do.

Fish on...

Todd

#368684 - 08/14/07 09:10 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Todd]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
"i'm sorry that i'm not one of the elite that is only satisfied after covering 30 miles of water to catch a fish"

It's not elite to not want to join the jackasses at the Skok...my point is that when someone tells me there aren't places to fish, they are full of $hit...if they're too lazy to walk farther than they can carry their cooler of Schlitz and their lawnchair, then they get what they deserve.

I'd recommend you sell your gear and take up golf now with your "good ol' boy" attitude...you don't know jack about me or what I do, and you aren't nearly old enough to be good ol' boy about nothin'.

Fish on...

Todd

come on todd, i thought using my age to pick on me was a tactic of another notorious figure in the online fishing BB world...you're above that...

i'll give it to you, i don't know a whole lot about what you do or where you fish, but the general attitude of your posts is that you appear to snub the idea of fishing anywhere that the general public has an idea of, and this is no exception(albeit, a bit on the extreme end of lawlessness and overall disrespect).

i've been fishing for fall salmon for nearly 18 years, and it saddens me how much the fishing as whole, and "angler" attitude has deteriorated over the years, especially in the last 10. i feel that by giving up the places i've fished most of my life beacuse of the presence of lowlifes would be letting them win. i try to lead by example while fishing in such places, though i tend to do enough walking to get away from the crowds and avoid meatholes...it's going to take a shift in attitude to change this situation, i feel that the attitude of "who cares, snaggers will never change" is nothing but detrimental.

#368685 - 08/14/07 09:20 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Chum Man]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Todd - You'd better not stop in for a look-see at the Killscene in a week or two! IMO, it's WORSE than the Skok... if that's even possible!

#368686 - 08/14/07 09:21 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Chum Man]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I'm not picking on you because of your age, but I won't have anyone who doesn't know me tell me I'm some sort of an "elitist", and though I don't know how old you are, I'd guess somewhere in your early to mid-20's, and I won't have someone half my age telling me about "traditional" fishing areas or techniques, either.

I fish damn near anywhere, and I do it year 'round...and I fish alongside other anglers all the time, and not just my buddies when we are ten miles from the nearest road...that just happens this time of year.

I fish on the beach with dozens of anglers, and I fished the terminal area on the Sky with a bunch of buddies on June 1...with 100 of our closest friends.

If I'm right on your age, I've fished the Puyallup and Nisqually, and the Green and the Sky, and the Carbon and Deschutes, since long before you were even born...I don't need anyone to tell me what kind of fisheries they are, or that I'm an elitist for avoiding the areas full of knuckledragging mouthbreathers...I'm out to fish, and fish hard...I'm also out to catch fish, lots of 'em, and to take home lots of 'em, too...but I also fish to get away from the city, work, and crowds.

There are lots of places I flat out won't fish...the Nisko, the Puy, Blue Creek, Barrier Dam...many others...but I don't call for them to be closed down, nor do I point at the legit anglers there and tell them that they are part of the problem, because they are not.

The scene I witnessed at Purdy Creek on the Skokomish, however, is different...it is by far the most worthless and disgusting collection of bedraggled human waste $hitting all over themselves to snag a few salmon that are swimming around in circles amongst floating diapers, beer cans, beer boxes, and tackle waste...if a crack opened up there on any given Saturday and swallowed up the entire area, fishing and humankind would be the better for it.

Anyone who fishes there and adds any air of legitimacy to it is awarding WDFW for allowing such a disgusting display to take place...and no one is going to make any of those dip$hits learn anything by any example whatsoever.

About the only thing that might work would be 150 legit anglers all showing up, beating the chit out of every hillbilly jackass there, and then taking over the entire river...

Fish on...

Todd

#368688 - 08/14/07 09:31 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Todd]
Happy Birthday TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
I suggested that Todd, a vigilante crew of legit fishermen. We could take over the place for the whole weekend. It would be fun to fish with the points cut off of our hooks just to add insult to injury. I know it would'nt happen but I can just see one of these guys going are you guys gonna move or be leaving soon? "Nope" LOL. That would be funny.-TBJ

Edited by TBJ (08/14/07 09:32 PM)

#368691 - 08/14/07 09:44 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Todd]
r2fishn Offline
Repeat Spawner

Todd no fear taken I agree with a lot of what you said.But I can not condem every one that fishes there .Some folks cant make a1 or 2 mile hike to fish. so they need easy acess such as the skok puy carbon nisq I personally stay clear of said kunckel draggers.that give these rivers a bad image.Peace be with you stream walker.
frank

#368695 - 08/14/07 10:06 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Post on other page handled, I'm sure \:\)

I saw the .net get together post...but it looks to me like they are going to go fishing in a semi-private area to avoid the mouthbreathing crap droolers...they need them, and another 100 dudes, to take over that human litterbox known as Purdy Creek.

There are 100's of places to fish within 100 feet, or 100 yards, of a car...hell, there were so many rusted out Datsun B-210's parked at Purdy Creek yesterday that some of those jackasses had to push their wheelbarrows full of beer and tackle boxes half a mile just to get to the Purdy Creek hole...if they can do that, then they can fish in thousands of other places...

...thank God they don't.

Fish on...

Todd

#368696 - 08/14/07 10:10 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: ]
r2fishn Offline
Repeat Spawner

Sorry Aunty Iam sure it was legit .I never make to any of the other BB this one this one seems to keep me up to date just fine .lots of good folks here.
frank

#368698 - 08/14/07 10:35 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: ]
r2fishn Offline
Repeat Spawner

Hell aunty i have a hard enough time with just one.and still havent figured it out yet.one of these days I mite find those little smiley faces.

#368700 - 08/14/07 10:44 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Todd]
DumbLuck Offline
Fry

Loc: Olympia, Washington
...but if you are a legit fisherman and you are fishing there, you are part of the problem...
Todd

So I'm just trying to understand this
Why exactly is it a mortal sin for respectful 'legit' anglers to be out there?
I'm new to NW fishing (3yr) and really new to posting (obviously), but I've got some damned fine mentors who don't mind teaching me the right way to fish, and it helps to be where fish are... one would think.
So Sunday, I was able to kick a two year no-salmon streak fishing eggs on a barbless hook. I wasn't standing in the meatline, but instead about 50 yards away to a hole all by myself that most everyone ignores. I'll admit that I've been out to the skok a fair amount, but nearly always manage to walk away from the crowds. (probably part of why I had such a streak)
Am I beyond saving and suitable only for leveling material when the lower skok gets paved over like you suggest?

...not pissed or offended ...just trying to understand how you got that vice-grip clamped on the left one so tight?

#368704 - 08/14/07 10:57 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: DumbLuck]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Don't worry about my left one, or my right one...I type with two hands.

For all the reasons I stated above, that fishery needs to go the way of the dodo bird...and in spite of 99.997% of the people fishing there being complete and utter wastes of human leavings, the WDFW will trot out the four legit fishers and tell us why it's so important to have fisheries like that.

That's why there shouldn't be anyone who considers themself a legit sportfisher anywhere near that cesspool...they shouldn't let themselves be tools in the defense of the indefensible.

Yes, it makes sense to fish where there are fish, especially when you are learning...check the map, there are thousands and thousands of miles of stream in this state, and almost all of them are open at some time or another, most of the systems have hatcheries, and there are several hundreds of thousands of salmon and steelhead available in those streams to be fished for, caught, and harvested...

...and at most of them you'll be fishing for fish that aren't running scared with hooks jutting out of their a$$holes, and stand a much lower chance of hooking a diaper floating by, or have to worry about miles of line, hooks, crap, garbage, and actual $hit to step in, tangle up in, or just stand around in all day while fishing.

Go up to the hatchery and check the fish that have somehow made it through there without being snagged, flayed, and tossed in the trunk of the rustbucket...many are sporting massive hooks pinned all over them like piscivorous Goth lords, and many more of them are covered with festering sores from the hook stabbings they all took in the body cavity in their mad dash to get from the garbage strewn tidelands to the Purdy Creek hellhole.

Tasty.

Fish on...

Todd

#368706 - 08/14/07 11:05 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: Todd]
supcoop Offline
Lady Killer Deluxe

Loc: Kirkland
sounds like the russian/kenai confluence

#368707 - 08/14/07 11:09 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: r2fishn]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
a few years ago i went fishing for steelies on one of my favorite rivers...i knew that they were pretty good, but never experienced it in the summer...
i was fishing next to a fly fisherman, and the two next to us were snagging summer steelies....the two on the other side of us were also snagging summer steelies...the worst thing that i realized, that the two to the right of me were teaching thier child how to snag...i left...
I have scince vowed that i would not fish a river if they were in that thick...it brings the worst people out...i cant stand it...i would rather fish where it is slow fishing just to get away from people...i find that that is where i find true fishermen...

its sad that this happens often, but normally i cant pick a fight by myself...most of the time im on the rivers to get away....

im sure the Skok is even worse this year, i have seen sooooooo many people fishing this year that dont normally fish...the fishing is really good....i for one wish it was not as good...it might discourage many...hope fishing is not as good next year, hate to say it....c

#368713 - 08/14/07 11:59 PM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: lovetofish365]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
Soon those sick-#ucks will congregate at Thomas eddy [snoho] for thier bi-annual gross humpy snag and stay until the silvers are gone...but the WDFW will sit in the parking lot and check em when they leave [1/2 mile from the river]???

#368718 - 08/15/07 12:17 AM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: RognSue]
cheapskate Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: rognsue
Soon those sick-#ucks will congregate at Thomas eddy [snoho] for thier bi-annual gross humpy snag and stay until the silvers are gone...but the WDFW will sit in the parking lot and check em when they leave [1/2 mile from the river]???

Cool. I'm making plans now to start harvesting at Thomas Eddy. Except I don't snag--I just twitch a jig.

#368727 - 08/15/07 12:50 AM Re: Anybody Notice Increased Enforcement on Skok? [Re: r2fishn]
jandlfishingguide Offline
Repeat Spawner

Gee same story, just a different year. Can't wait til September when this entire board will be full of this guy snagging on this river or that guy snagging on that river.

And yes it will be the same in 2008 because for some reason when the salmon hit their home streams to complete their life cycle it brings out the all kinds of people who fish, don't fish, snag, don't snag, ect.

Its a simple lack of education on the Skok IMO.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |