THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#381023 - 10/14/07 11:56 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: mreyns_tgl]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
mreyns, you are drunk and clueless...huskies blow, no bowl and ASU EARNED the respect of anyone who understands football...go DUCKS 40 UW 10

#381030 - 10/15/07 12:09 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: summerrun]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
summerrun: WHO HAVE THEY BEAT THAT IS GOOD?????

Can't wait to see the sun devils get waxed by the trojans/ducks/bears and see them running back to tempe crying...

#381034 - 10/15/07 12:22 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
lmao, definately not the huskies, they were chumps for sure...we wont win em all but we will 10 plus which is more than the huskies over the past 4 years TOTAL...DUCKS 59 UW 2

#381053 - 10/15/07 01:12 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: summerrun]
River Nutrients

Wait till Tyrone turns it around. ASU hasn't exactly been anything to brag about the past 10 years...

Oh and which score pick you going for. You say 59-2 in one and 40-10 in the other....We can all pick the right score if we get to take as many guesses as we want.
PICK ONE!

#381058 - 10/15/07 01:29 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
haha damn...i better lay off the bottle

#381062 - 10/15/07 01:33 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

This years college ball has been whack (not WAC). Upset city, and some really weird games. I won't call any games for the rest of the season. I skipped BSU's game today 'cause I figured they'd score 60 points on Nevada. They scored 69, but Nevada scored 67. 136 points in a football game? WTF?

When it comes to CFB the only thing I'm sure of is that I don't know anything anymore.

#381124 - 10/15/07 11:57 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: VHawk.]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
 Originally Posted By: VHawk
When it comes to CFB the only thing I'm sure of is that I don't know anything anymore.

Excatly! That's why I love college football!

Watching Kentucky beat LSU in 55 overtimes was AWESOME!!!

PS. Kentucky cheerleaders are WAY ugly.

PPS. ASU cheerleaders are WAY cute!

PPPS. I can't believe Oregon is ONLY favored by 10 points. It's gonna be ugly next Saturday. I hate the Ducks.

#381129 - 10/15/07 12:13 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: The Moderator]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
The Ducks have managed to lose to some pretty bad Husky teams in the past few years. Even this game isn't in the bag for UO.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#381149 - 10/15/07 12:54 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Dan S.]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

It's been hard for me to be a Husky since they fired Lambright. I think UW will get it together again eventually, but first they have to let all the bad juju from the meddling Booster's Club wear off.

#382452 - 10/19/07 01:16 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
 Originally Posted By: Fish Hunter 07
Can't wait to see the sun devils get waxed by the trojans/ducks/bears and see them running back to tempe crying...

Well that's part of the problem Fish Hunter. They have Cal and USC at home and only have to travel to Oregon. Right now they are driving the bus in the PAC 10, much to summerruns delight. Will they take it?

I'll take Cal as the PAC 10 champs. USC, the overwhelming conference favorite, goes on the road to Tempe, Berkley, and Eugene. They wil be hard pressed to win one of those games after squeaking out a game against the hapless Huskies and losing to an equally hapless Stanford team. ASU will lose at Oregon and will have a tough time with Cal and USC at home, losing against Cal. ASU's top tailback is out for the rest of the season after getting injured against the Dawgs.

The Ducks also have a shot even after losing at home to Cal, as they have USC, ASU, and the Beavers at home this year.

Those calling for Ty's head are frustrated with the progress but you gotta give the guy more time. He is still dealing with Neuheisel's and Gilby's poor recruiting classes and took over a horrible 1-10 team. Locker is a total gift to the program and hopefully they will be able to build around him for his next 3 years.

Second half adjustments are way overrated. It's this simple, the other teams have more depth. Their athletes are bigger, stronger, and better than ours. They have more stamina and wear us down in the second half. I'm sure the Huskies will be competitive in the first half against the Ducks this weekend, and then Oregon will outscore us 30-0 in the second half, just like all our losses this year.

And Jim Mora waits silently in the wings....he'll gladly take either job, Huskies or Hawks.

Ike

Edited by Ikissmykiss (10/19/07 10:49 AM)
Edit Reason: too hard on Neuheisel

#382466 - 10/19/07 03:57 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Ikissmykiss]
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Ikissmykiss
. He is still dealing with Neuheisel's shitty recruits and took over a horrible 1-10 team. Locker is a total gift to the program and hopefully they will be able to build around him for his next 3 years.

Neuheisel did have some amazing recruiting skills actually.

#382495 - 10/19/07 11:36 AM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
screw people who say neuheisel sucked...HE DIDNT!! all he did was have one character flaw, one that im sure many other coaches stopped doing after they found out it wasnt ok....i wish he was still our coach he did a damn good job! He also appears to be doing a decent job as the Ravens O-Coordinator with the little bit of talent he has there.

Question- Who was the last coach to lead the dawgs to the rosebowl?
Answer- RICK NEUHEISEL

#382506 - 10/19/07 12:42 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: mreyns_tgl]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Yeah, but it wasn't the team he recruited and trained that went to the Rosebowl. I agree with Ike, Ty has had to spend his first few years dealing with Neuheisel's and Gilby's recruiting fallout. I don't know if TW has the stuff of a championship coach, but the next couple of seasons will be his chance to show what he can do.

#382514 - 10/19/07 01:24 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Salmo g.]
River Nutrients

All these guys are Gilby's. He was a horrible recruiter. Neuheisel was an amazing recruiter and got great recruits and almost had another that would have kept his job.

Edited by Fish Hunter 07 (10/19/07 01:25 PM)

#382537 - 10/19/07 02:39 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Neu was good at recruiting skill position players. Not so good at recruiting beef for the lines. Beef on the lines is what wins football games.

Neu could be the best game-day coach UW has ever had. But he lacked the charachter that James and Lambright had.

If you really want to blame someone for UW's woes, blame Gerberding and Hedges. The worst President and AD a football team could ask for .

I figure Ty deserves another season or two, tops. Same with Turner, the new AD. They need to get it figured out, or get out of Dodge.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#382542 - 10/19/07 03:03 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Dan S.]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
 Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Neu was good at recruiting skill position players. Not so good at recruiting beef for the lines. Beef on the lines is what wins football games.

Neu could be the best game-day coach UW has ever had. But he lacked the charachter that James and Lambright had.

If you really want to blame someone for UW's woes, blame Gerberding and Hedges. The worst President and AD a football team could ask for .

I figure Ty deserves another season or two, tops. Same with Turner, the new AD. They need to get it figured out, or get out of Dodge.

DanS is 100% on the money with this post!

#382554 - 10/19/07 04:19 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: The Moderator]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
Newweasel was a classless, characterless and had a big head. UW is much better without him. He good for the pros because character isn't as important.

#382686 - 10/19/07 09:15 PM Re: How bad will Arizona State beat the Huskies? [Re: Chuck E]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I'm likely naive, but I was definitely taken by James' and Lambright's character. They had class and plenty of experience at bringing out the best in their players. It actually made me feel like college ball is about more than just the win-loss column.

I hope Ty's made of the "right stuff."

If my memory is any good, didn't Neuheisel's RB game with the team that Lambright recruited after the sanctions expired (recall BJ Hobert's loan against a future pro contract, etc.).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |