LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391682 - 11/27/07 07:27 PM snipe hunt- where to go??
roosterdoonchick Offline
Smolt

Loc: duvall
have only been once when i was a kid- no success what has been your adventure???

#391737 - 11/27/07 11:14 PM Re: snipe hunt- where to go?? [Re: roosterdoonchick]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
do you mean "snipe hunt" giggle-giggle or actually trying to kill something? i had a snipe blow up just about between my feet on sunday while i was fishing the skykomish. almost had to scoop out the waders. the other "snipe-hunting" i've been associated with was in boyscouts. we sent a couple young fellers out in the woods with a spoon full of oatmeal, calling "snipe, snipe"

willy

#391785 - 11/28/07 01:42 AM Re: snipe hunt- where to go?? [Re: landcruiserwilly]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
If there are any left around they will be in the various creek bottoms hunting worms and such. With the cold weather coming, they will migrate further south asap. Back in the UP of Mich, we used to indoctrinate all new hunters with a snipe hunt the evening befor season opened. Had cedar swamps there, and the rabbits would make trails in the spagnum moss. Used to set the guys up with a burlap bag on a trail behind a log, and then proceed to party down while those poor guys were out in the swamp freezing. Great Hunts

#391790 - 11/28/07 01:57 AM Re: snipe hunt- where to go?? [Re: N W Panhandler]
OneMoreCast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
ESA listed in Puget Sound.
Sacremeto Detail is a great starting point for them Snipe, Burlap sack is a must.

#391822 - 11/28/07 11:23 AM Re: snipe hunt- where to go?? [Re: OneMoreCast]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Limit is 8. Never got more than 4 in a day. Always found them in swampy areas with lots of vegetation. Never in flocks, but once in a while there will be 2 or 3 in an area. Neat bird.

A co-worker just walked in with a book by Branford Angier, "Home Book of Cooking Venison and Other Natural Meats", and on pages 120-122 there are 4 or 5 recipes for Woodcock and Snipe.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#391846 - 11/28/07 12:58 PM Re: snipe hunt- where to go?? [Re: Dogfish]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
If you can find a spot where the water level flucuates is a good spot. I always seem to find them when the water is down and they are hanging out right on the edge of cover and the mud. I think they get some easy grub out of the muddy areas.

j7 2012

#393416 - 12/04/07 01:45 PM Re: snipe hunt- where to go?? [Re: landcruiserwilly]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
 Originally Posted By: landcruiserwilly
the other "snipe-hunting" i've been associated with was in boyscouts. we sent a couple young fellers out in the woods with a spoon full of oatmeal, calling "snipe, snipe"

willy

Yeah I remember that. Except in our troop it was midnight and we hid in the bushes and chucked pinecones at them.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1074 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |