LMFAO!

Very, VERY fitting, Pat... \:\)

So easy, a cavegirl could do me

Team FTW

#396194 - 12/13/07 06:57 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: TBird]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
I got it once in high school 10th grade blue balls not blue tooth. I'll never forget it, it was awful. The next weekend before the same tease came over and we got to second base (or maybe to the shortsop) and no further for hours. But I had a plan, I jumped up and said "Oh sh!t that pizza is hitting me!" and ran to the bathroom. Backpressure was immense, I told my buddies about the geyser later on. The girl got the nickname "Old Faithful" because of that episode.

I don't know if she ever found out why.

#396195 - 12/13/07 06:59 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: Rocket Red]
TBird Offline
Fish Fear Me

Loc: Port Angeles
Nothin but class, my man \:\)

Team FTW

#396200 - 12/13/07 07:07 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: ]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
 Originally Posted By: stam
Some of this [censored] is just getting silly now...more techno just to have more tech really does not accomplish anything, it's like a feeding frenzy with nothing to eat out there, Sure I have cell phone that rarely rings, I have a computer that I am literate with...but I do tend to cling to more traditional methods and devices when possable, I will resist until forced...

Some of us don't have the option NOT to keep up, bro. In the engineering field we have to deal with software upgrades constantly, which means computer and hardware upgrades on a regular basis. For us, the learning curve/technology curve is a treadmill we cannot step off of following education in our chosen field. Keep sanding those cars, good buddy. \:\)

#396214 - 12/13/07 07:37 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: ]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Blue Tooth tech isn't just for the sake of. They have just passed legislation that is going to REQUIRE ALL auto manufactures to impliment the technology in the near future due to too damned many cell phone related car accidents. The result may even cut into your profit margin.

#396217 - 12/13/07 07:46 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: Rocket Red]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
 Originally Posted By: Rocket Red
The next weekend before the same tease came over and we got to second base (or maybe to the shortsop) and no further for hours. But I had a plan, I jumped up and said "Oh sh!t that pizza is hitting me!" and ran to the bathroom. Backpressure was immense, I told my buddies about the geyser later on. The girl got the nickname "Old Faithful"

Similar situation but after the second go around she was nicknamed "Lip Cheese." I didn't run to the bathroom though. I just convinced her she'd still be a virgin if she opened wide and showed me her pearly whites.

#396220 - 12/13/07 07:52 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: ]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: stam
Some of this [censored] is just getting silly now...more techno just to have more tech really does not accomplish anything, it's like a feeding frenzy with nothing to eat out there, Sure I have cell phone that rarely rings, I have a computer that I am literate with...but I do tend to cling to more traditional methods and devices when possable, I will resist until forced...

My money's on salmo in the last man standing contest. Dude is healthy as a horse.

stam

I'm with Stam on this one. I don't care if they passed legislation or not. This really is all about consumerism. Every time a new gadget comes out everyone has to have it. And what does it produce? Nothing. What benefit does the vast majority get out of having a phone that emails, takes pics, sends texts, shows movies, plays music, etc. ZERO. All it does is cause us to spend money on this [censored] so that somehow we can be hip like Bill Gates.

Quickbooks helps me run my business. My cell phone lets me get away from my business so I can enjoy some free time. Right now that's about all the technology I need.

#396222 - 12/13/07 07:54 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: wntrrn]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Do you have any idea how many teeagers died behind the wheel while talking on the cell phone last year? Do you have kids?

#396227 - 12/13/07 07:58 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: ]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bellingham
 Originally Posted By: AuntyM
 Quote:
It there such a thing as a blue pussy? Doubtfull.

As one who had a spouse leave a few times for a 6 month WestPac, I can tell you it was very blue and sad! I think it even cried!

weeping is not the same thing ;\)

next, government will be pushing to have blue tooth GPS chip implants in our frontal lobes. Not only can they track us, but we can call anyone or receive calls hands free.

Soon, we will all carry the mark, a branding if you will

#396234 - 12/13/07 08:15 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: Thrasher]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Sol, I'm not doubting it's a distraction. But people multi task while driving which they shouldn't be doing in the first place. So, now they can talk via blue tooth keeping their hands free but they'll find other uses for their hands. Eat their yogurt, put on their makeup, and thumb thru Redbook. If it wasn't for bluetooth they'd just talk on the cell, eat their yogurt, put on their makeup and only pick up the magazine when they're done with one of the other activities.

How about just drive? There are already hands free devices for cell usage.

Does blue tooth allow you to text message?

#396236 - 12/13/07 08:25 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: wntrrn]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
When my son was home at Thanksgiving we went out to dinner. He received a text message on his palm pilot thing. It was one of his major accounts and he answered back right away. I dogged him about it but he picked up the check for a nice dinner with drinks and wine.
When the kid picks up the check, no more doggin' about his wireless toys!

#396237 - 12/13/07 08:29 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: wntrrn]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Gee thanks Sol. Hell I ain't even retirement age yet. Not quite anyway.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my digital camera. I can load the photos on my computer just fine; it's the bother of posting them here that I don't get enthused enough to do, other than the once for the calendar. I really should redo my avatar tho; that poor trout looks awful.

Oh more techie stuff, I have a fish/depth finder for the boat. I just use the EZ features tho. The friggin' manual for that's a half inch thick too. Every one of these devices comes with a manual half the size of my college calculus text book. Life's too short to spend it reading all that crap.

#396247 - 12/13/07 09:04 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: Salmo g.]
sodfarmer Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: sleeping in my duck blind
high tech is great , my new sprayer has GPS autosteer and computer controlled flow rates I make my pass then switch to auto steer I am within a sub inch of my last pass all I need to do is turn the rig at the end of each pass lock it in and go as for blue tooth it will be in my next truck

#396259 - 12/13/07 10:09 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: sodfarmer]
OPfisher Offline
The Golden Boy

Loc: wa/ak
The only beef I got is that they're making it the only way to go now. I think after Jan. 1st its illegal to talk on a normal cell in your car anymore. I dont want to have to go buy something cause a bunch of drivers can't multi-task.

http://www.olympicpeninsulaoutfitters.net/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Olympic-Peninsula-Outfitters/

#396303 - 12/14/07 12:09 AM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: ]
TBird Offline
Fish Fear Me

Loc: Port Angeles
Hey John, make sure that 17" is what you want \:\) For portability they are kinda bulky and heavy...

I like my 15.4 \:\)

Team FTW

#396317 - 12/14/07 12:24 AM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: TBird]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Welcome to the present. Technology is increasing at a faster pace and you can either keep up with it or be seen in the rear view mirror. I haven't purchased blue tooth but I've paid for it since my wife has it. Her dad has it too and he's an old steelheader. GPS is pretty cool too as I used it to find Etna to get this springer on my avatar. My wife is out tonight looking to get a laptop with blue tooth built in.

#396336 - 12/14/07 12:53 AM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: ]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Checkin' in. Just got back from the Conflict Resolution class "required" for final divorce these days. Basically, it's a court mandated encounter group of disfuntional personalities. I fit right in. I was voted class clown. What a surprise. Anyways, complain about BT if you want, it's part of your future. It's pretty damn simple so I don't see what the consternation is about. It's like a tapered fly line. When it first came out I'm sure there were some staunch level line guys bitc%ing about it, but once they cast it, the benifit became imediately apparent. Silk line vs. polymer before that. It's always going to be that way, live with it. \:\)

#396398 - 12/14/07 08:35 AM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: Sol]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Any likely victims to Sol's charm in the class?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#396452 - 12/14/07 12:57 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Maybe Richard will let you take Blondebud with you as your "date", that would knock the sox off the ex.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#396466 - 12/14/07 01:40 PM Re: Blue Tooth [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Jerry, you're BAD :>)

- Albert Einstein.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1070 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |