Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#383828 - 10/24/07 10:06 PM Re: Wenatchee River ***** [Re: Salmo g.]
Pisco Sicko Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Twisp WA
S.G. - I just checked the Monitor gauge and ironically the river was close to the median flow on Monday, but for the last couple of days has been climbing. I guess there's been some slop over precip along the crest that we haven't received here in the Methow.

While the lower Methow has been hit hard, the middle section (Carlton to Methow) has had light pressure midweek. Good hatches of caddis on warmer evenings.

#383838 - 10/24/07 10:41 PM Re: Wenatchee River [Re: Pisco Sicko]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

The warm weather yesterday and today has melted low elevation snow that I forgot was even there. So much for my strategy. It's running 1590, and I can't tell yet if it's crested. The weather seems to be cooling. Maybe it will begin to drop. I empathize with the weatherman.

I see the Met is running at a good flow for fishing. That's an extra two hours or better from here though.

#385439 - 10/31/07 03:47 PM Re: Wenatchee River [Re: Salmo g.]
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
so what is the latest? i may head over tomorrow and do a chukar/steelhead combo. Any guidance? i have never fished it before.

#385537 - 10/31/07 09:25 PM Re: Wenatchee River [Re: D3Smartie]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

It just dropped below 1100 cfs this afternoon. It's still higher than I like it, but it's on a slow steady drop. Supposed to be 900 by Saturday. That should be pretty good conditions, but I don't know how crowded it might be on the weekend. I'm not sure if I'll drive back over or not.

#386896 - 11/06/07 06:14 PM Re: Wenatchee River [Re: Salmo g.]
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
did you go?
i hunted chukars on friday and shot my limit quickly enough that i had time to get down to Yakima for some more hunting and hanging out with friends. I would have liked to fish and the river looked great, but pulling myself away from the birds is tough this time of year...

#387129 - 11/07/07 12:54 PM Re: Wenatchee River [Re: D3Smartie]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

D3,

I did on Oct. 25 at 1800 cfs - way too high. Picked the worst day of the season it seems. It's down around 800 again, so the flow's right, but of course the season is advancing and the water temp is ranging from 39-44 from what I recently heard, so winter rules may apply (sink tips). Still , a co-worker bonked a hatchery fish last Saturday. I'm thinking about trying Sunday-Monday if I don't have any better idea.

Sg

#404352 - 01/12/08 05:49 PM Re: Wenatchee River [Re: Salmo g.]
Nordicfish1 Offline
Parr

Loc: Holy waters fished
We spent 3 days on her on the opener and before the closure I fished this system every Nov and early December until the weather turns it to almost to ice for years and almost 10 years was far to long and I have always had better numbers on the Wenatchee over the Methow both great Eastern.Wa. rivers.
For many years in one section with 3 to 5 guys we could spank 8 -15 fish perday and my personal best was 15 landed in this selective fisheries.
That being said we use noodle rods and floats, Pink worms, spinners, corkies, yarn, puff balls and when we brought the drift boats we did well on small plugs single barless with Colored Gamas.
Long Floracabon leaders and we let are presentation sit longer then normal in the tail outs.
I have caught some large nats in the early 90's as well and we would land way more then are share of hatchery brates.
Pulled over 50 anglers over highway 2 for many years and was jacked they opened her back up!
On the opener we released 5 nice fish on the opener and the next 2 days was a bust hooking dark Kings, white fish and trout.
Was Mucho Grande pressure, toons, drift boats and bankies and my one bud with his puffer Sage landed a chrome hen at first light on the opener that had some shoulders.
The Key is the (Orchard hole) the most productive water on that great pretty river , very large structure , many depths, great holding water after a big push for them running skinny before reaching this long deeper seam loaded with very big boulders. You can view this section above on small cliffs just off Highway 2 make sure you get permission to cross the Orchards we always gave him a super nice Grower a Hatchery brate on the way out.
As far as forgiving you better have your best wading boots on , I have floated 100's of yards with ice in her under and above water and blew up a knee as well ! Slick as Rick
I also drift many bright flies with a very small sliding slinky and do well as it keeps it down in the bag zone, this river eats gear as well , light, small and Look for some sweet apple trees in the gut of her= there you will find metalheads on any year, weather or conditions.
We stayed in 2 toy haulers the park was loaded and most of the puffer guys were not happy the last day our 3rd it hit 73 degrees I was very happy.

Edited by Nordicfish1 (01/12/08 06:02 PM)

#406954 - 01/22/08 04:12 PM Re: Wenatchee River [Re: Nordicfish1]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Stayed on the river this past weekend, looked SWEEET other than the big chunks of ice floating down it;)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |