Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#411407 - 02/06/08 09:13 AM Thoughts on Super Tuesday
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
My random thoughts - for what they are worth.

1. On the Dem side, we have the real possibility because of the "super delegates" of not having the nominee decided when the convention starts. It has not happened in my lifetime that we have had a brokered convention. That would be high political theater.

2. If you believe (as I do) that conservative talk radio is a net negative to the country, take heart. The big guns of Limbaugh and Hannity were rebuffed and rebuffed badly over Romney. This is now McCain's race to lose as he has more delegates than Romney and Huckabee combined.

3. Although it is very early, take a look at the turnout numbers in the primary states. The Dems are seriously energized and have about a 2 to 1 turnout lead on the GOP. This could spell real trouble for the GOP in November.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#411455 - 02/06/08 12:36 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I could give a crab about the Republican politicians and their voters. They have enabled Bush for the last 8 years even if they now want to distance themselves from him. The guy has been bad news from before day 1 so I'm not sure how to respect those that have just now figured that out.

As far as the Dems, I'm disappointed that Hillary received so much support. She has a well-run and entrenched political machine though so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If there is any good news from my perspective it is that Obama is still in this thing. I still think Hillary has the advantage but at least all hope isn't lost yet.

It looks like Washington gets to be a player in this game. Too bad we have this stupid caucus process for the dems. Primary voters should realize that if you vote for a dem on your primary ballot, it means nothing. Dems are working with the caucus system and not a primary vote system so if you want your say, you are going to have to show up and hang out with your neighbors this Saturday. And that interferes with fishing. \:\(

#411524 - 02/06/08 02:59 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
I'm thinking that locally the papers will read....

V is for Vulva!

#411547 - 02/06/08 03:43 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: ]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
What I want to know is who will be the running mates for Hillary or Barack? I can't see either one playing second fiddle as vice-president.

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#411753 - 02/06/08 11:55 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Happy for Obama and surprised that Romney carried Utah.

I would have like to see Ron Paul do better.

I will vote for my gun rights once again.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#411779 - 02/07/08 01:05 AM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: Dogfish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Except for a couple issues of vital importance, I think Ron Paul is way cool! Quite possibly the most honest candidate running. Why aren't the Rs giving him a better reception? He raises money like crazy. He actually represents bonafide traditional conservative attributes.

Convinced that a D prez can't touch the 2nd amendment allows me to vote for a D with confidence. Of course, the main reason for voting for one of these knothead Ds is mainly to punish the RNC and 51% of American idiot voters for giving me 8 years of Bushco.

#411797 - 02/07/08 02:20 AM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: ]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
I like Ron Paul myself as well. Hillary? I couldn't stand her in office....

Interesting random fact=Obama weighs about a buck 30 and smokes 3 packs a day from what I've heard from a few people...

#411843 - 02/07/08 11:08 AM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: Dogfish]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
 Originally Posted By: Dogfish
I would have like to see Ron Paul do better.

Then Alaska is your state! I checked the CNN results page yesterday and Paul's biggest showing was Alaska with 17% of the Republican vote. Get this - McCain only got 15% in Alaska!!!

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#411854 - 02/07/08 11:47 AM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: Mikespike]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I won't be voting in the primary as I refuse to swear allegance to a party and have my name added to a database. But if, or when, it comes down to it I will probably vote for Hillary. She's the only one I can see world leaders being absolutely terrified of. "Putin, don't cross me or I'll castrate you and you know I'll do it!"

Edited by stlhead (02/07/08 11:47 AM)

#411879 - 02/07/08 12:38 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: stlhead]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
My thoughts on Hillary?

My mother told me to choose the very best one and
She
Is
Not
It!

#411902 - 02/07/08 01:30 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: Irie]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

The best one isn't running.

#411912 - 02/07/08 01:57 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: stlhead]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Salmo,

The D's will erode your gun rights as soon as they get into office, especially if we elect a democratic house and senate. The second amendment says nothing about types of firearms.

Look for more useless assault weapon bans, limits on magazine capacity, banning types of weapons just because of how they look (stupidity at its finest). At the end of it, you might just be limited to purchasing and owning .22LR firearms and shotguns. I've already stocked up on ammo, magazines, spare lowers, and reloading supplies just in case they do what I think they will.

I like to own and shoot these.

I see the D's as a direct threat to me owning these firearms.

#411932 - 02/07/08 02:54 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
 Originally Posted By: Fish Hunter 07
Interesting random fact=Obama weighs about a buck 30 and smokes 3 packs a day from what I've heard from a few people...

A few people might also tell you he is a muslim, doesn't salute the flag, and is out to destroy America. That doesn't make it true. The dude is like 6 feet tall and a good basketball player so I'm guessing he weighs more than 130 pounds. I know he was definitely a smoker before he started his presidential campaign but I think he switched to the nicotine gum in hopes of quitting.

#411946 - 02/07/08 03:29 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

As part of my platform, I promise not to shoot anybody in the face while quail hunting.

#411948 - 02/07/08 03:32 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: Dogfish]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Looks like you don't have to pluck em afterwards.

#412023 - 02/07/08 08:43 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: stlhead]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Dogfish,

I don't expect a D prez to be a great 2nd Amendment defender, but I'm not at the NRA level of paranoid, at least yet. While I don't care for anti-gun legislation, I see that it mainly comes in the form of near useless feel-good stuff. I can handle that a lot better for a while than I can the R's assault on the Constitution. I'm still so pissed at Bushco I almost didn't vote for a couple really good R candidates at the state and county level, but I didn't want to be blinded by the hate.

Since the first gun control legislation in 1968, a lot of paper has been filed, and the gov't. tracks every single dealer sale, but I can still buy any firearm today that I could then, just not as easily. (I remember when one could mail order a WWII surplus carbine from Chicago for $12.95! That's gone.) But I can still go to a gun shop and buy any rifle, shotgun, or handgun that was for sale then.

Sg

#412045 - 02/07/08 09:36 PM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
 Originally Posted By: Kaiser D.
 Originally Posted By: Fish Hunter 07

A few people might also tell you he is a muslim, doesn't salute the flag, and is out to destroy America. That doesn't make it true. The dude is like 6 feet tall and a good basketball player so I'm guessing he weighs more than 130 pounds. I know he was definitely a smoker before he started his presidential campaign but I think he switched to the nicotine gum in hopes of quitting.

I heard his wife said if he was going to run for presidency, he'd have to quit be has yet to...Who knows.

#412098 - 02/08/08 12:14 AM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
fishpinner Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Freeland, WA
I think America is ready to elect a woman or a black man, but how do you guys think the rest of the world will react? Hillary wouldn't be able to do much in the Islamic world if the leaders don't respect her because she is a woman. Maybe it won't be an issue if she disengages the US from the sandbox as promised.

#412104 - 02/08/08 12:24 AM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: fishpinner]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
FP, you said, "I think America is ready to elect a woman or a black man, but how do you guys think the rest of the world will react? Hillary wouldn't be able to do much in the Islamic world if the leaders don't respect her because she is a woman. Maybe it won't be an issue if she disengages the US from the sandbox as promised."

You may want to review your history and pay special attention to Golda Meir.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#412125 - 02/08/08 01:08 AM Re: Thoughts on Super Tuesday [Re: eddie]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

I have no issue with women leaders.

Golda was a shining light for Isreal. She was an exceptionally strong leader, and a nationalist. She took no crap from anyone, and if you crossed her, the whole Israeli Army, or the Mossad, would be knocking on your door. The world needs more women like her, as she had balls that some men could only wish they had.

Hillary and Bill are a pair I don't want unleashed on the US again. Bill was a freaking pussy who lobbed cruise missles instead of kicking ass. I guess that a full scale effort against the folks who tried to bomb the World Trade Center the first time would have kept him from getting a piece of strange in the White House. Security is so much tighter when you're at war, and that would have been a realbummer.

Does anyone think that Hillary will really be any different from Bill?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 961 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |