Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#438301 - 06/09/08 01:51 PM What a nice old man with traditional family values
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#438309 - 06/09/08 03:21 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family values [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I would vote for him as oppose to Obama who would hand this country over to Islam in NY minute. <popcorn>

Edited by Sol Duc (06/09/08 03:23 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#438316 - 06/09/08 03:40 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Sol Duc]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
I would vote for him as oppose to Obama who would hand this country over to Islam in NY minute. <popcorn>

So, how exactly is handing over this country to Islam any *worse* than handing it over to Christianity or Judaism, or any other messed up religion????

In my eyes, a fanatic is a fanatic, and it doesn't matter what religion they believe in. Honestly, I really see no difference between a jihading Islam and a whacked out Christian Right. Same, same.

Interestingly enough, I've never owned a Bible, never will, but I do have a Qur'an in my house since 2000. Ok, it's only there because I own a hand-carved Qur'an holder from Uzbekistan and needed it to hold something, IE a Qur'an, but still....

It comes in handy when I invite in the Jehovah Witnesses for a light reading from the Qur'an! It works well to scare them out of the neighborhood for a while, but I think a prop suicide belt packed full of TNT all wired together would be a nice added touch!

"It's all about the Jihad, my friends. Come in and lets read from the Qur'an."

#438320 - 06/09/08 03:55 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: The Moderator]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Because last time I checked Jews and Christians are not strapping bombs on to children and blowing up innocent people.

I feel you...and agree with most of what you're saying, but Jihad seems the most imminent threat BY far then any other organized cults/religon.

- Albert Einstein.

#438321 - 06/09/08 03:58 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Sol Duc]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

So blowing up clinics that preform abortions and killing innocent people is OK?

I'm failing to see the difference here.

Give the Christian Church a chance and you'd see the Crusades all over again.....

Heck, I'm pretty sure in every speech I've ever heard regarding war, the President of the United States always says, "God is on our side...blah...blah...blah."

"Praise Alah."

Same fukin' thing......

Besides, you know damn well that it would happen here in the US, if we were "occupied" by a foreign army against our wishes.

#438326 - 06/09/08 04:24 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: The Moderator]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
John McCain's temper is well documented. He's called opponents and colleagues "shitheads," "assholes" and in at least one case "a [censored] jerk."

and they probably are, or were 18 yrs ago

#438329 - 06/09/08 04:40 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Does anyone really actually believe this? If they do, they need their heads checked.

While this topic is completely unrelated to what a prick McCain is, Christian radicals have killed just as many, if not more people in the name of God than any other religious freaks.

Fish on...

Todd

#438330 - 06/09/08 04:41 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: chasbo]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
I could care less about his personality - can he do the job? I am still not okay with his intervening on behalf of his buddy Keating during the savings and loan scandal that ruined a lot of people's retirements/investments. Keating went to jail for at least four years, so how can I feel good about electing McCain?

Once again, all politicians seem to be scumbags now, left or right of center.

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#438331 - 06/09/08 04:44 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Mikespike]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I think his personality is relevant...he'll be touring it around the world representing us for the next four years if he is elected. Dumbya's personality hasn't exactly upped out stature in the world.

A guy who's personality includes a hair trigger temper that's bad enough to call his wife a "trollop" and a "[censored]" at all, much less in front of other people is not a guy who I want in charge of pumping my gas, much less running my country.

Fish on...

Todd

#438333 - 06/09/08 04:48 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: The Moderator]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
You guys have done a good job pointing out how religious wack jobs give the rest of their respective religions a bad name.

This thread is about McCain being an asshole. Now, I am not a political animal, but I did work in a huge beauracracy for a while and I learned about how assholes fare in a political situation.

The asshole with no talent, even if he wanted to be upwardly mobile, never made it anywhere. No one would ever think of promoting a talentless asshole, no matter how good he thought he was at the job. A talentless nice guy/sycophant, would always move up waaay faster than the talentless asshole. I mean who wants to be around an asshole that can barely function in their job.

The talented asshole, was actually the most impressive individual when it came to doing their job. No management wanted this asshole in their meetings, yet when it came time for promotions and they look at the talent pool they would begrudgingly promote the asshole, even though they did not want to be around him. The talented asshole would have shot straight up if he/she was a nicer person, but because they stood by their principles, and right or wrong, would let someone have it when they were pissed at them, they moved up a little slower than the talented nice guys.

I guess in a way, that impresses me about McCain. If the guy is a tyrant, asshole, jerk, whatever, like that article says, the fact that he is the R nominee for president says a lot to me about what a few smart people think about his talent/capacity for the job. If he is generally disliked by all around him, I think at some point he would get torpedoed by someone he worked closely with. I don't care what he says to his wife, if it is really a problem, she's the asshole for staying with him.

#438334 - 06/09/08 04:51 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Todd]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

C'mon Todd! McCain is gonna SCARE those terrorists into quitting with his mean temper!

Seriously, he'd need a couple of buffers between him and the missle launch codes - he's still got a score to settle with Vietnam...

Again, I need serious convincing to get past his intervention for Charles Keating - That rich f*cking assh*le ruined a lot of people's lives and McCain tried to get the hearings stopped or delayed that eventually got Keating indicted. I'm no fan of McCain.

#438335 - 06/09/08 04:51 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Todd]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

You'd be angry too if you were put in a hot box for 5.5 years.

I forsee an "accidental dropping" of a MOAB or small nuke on Vietnam if McCain is elected presient.

"Dunno how it happened. The bomb accidently fell off of the plane...which just sooooo happened to accidently fly in to your airspace."

I'd be worried if I was Korea, China, or any other Asian country. He'll nuke 'em all.

The guy has some "inner rage" issues. laugh

#438336 - 06/09/08 04:56 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: The Moderator]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Originally Posted By: parker
You'd be angry too if you were put in a hot box for 5.5 years.

Summer replacement show "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" from a few summers back. Andy is taking care of his boss' cat and temporarily has the cat in a carrier. The cat is whining from the box and he says "what are you complaining about - John McCain spent seven years in a box smaller than that."

Call me sick and twisted, but that was a great moment in television history.

Edited by Mikespike (06/09/08 04:56 PM)

#438338 - 06/09/08 04:59 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Todd

Does anyone really actually believe this? If they do, they need their heads checked.

While this topic is completely unrelated to what a prick McCain is, Christian radicals have killed just as many, if not more people in the name of God than any other religious freaks.

Fish on...

Todd

Todd, I'm referring to present time not the through out history.

- Albert Einstein.

#438340 - 06/09/08 05:18 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I'm referring to this:

"I would vote for him as oppose to Obama who would hand this country over to Islam in NY minute. <popcorn>"

...when I say "does anyone really believe this?"

If they do, then they need their heads checked.

Fish on...

Todd

#438342 - 06/09/08 05:23 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Fish on...

Todd

Ok this was an exaggeration but Obama's affiliation with the RACIST ministers/churches and Bill Ayers far outweighs any anger outbursts that McCain shows on occasion. Hell everyone has anger issues some choose to keep it inside, is that healthier or not?

And to think some people think McCain and Bush are a like is laughable, hell they don't even like each other.

- Albert Einstein.

#438346 - 06/09/08 05:37 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

7 more posts Aunty. Use them wisely! wink

PS. When you come to find out that you've been locked out of this site after post # 10,000, don't blame me. I had nothing to do with it. Nothing. Or, maybe just a little bit of something.....

wink

#438350 - 06/09/08 05:52 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Ornery is one thing, and that thing is altogether different than a "family" man, a "religious" man, who calls his wife a kunt.

Fish on...

Todd

#438351 - 06/09/08 05:53 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Todd]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Ornery is one thing, and that thing is altogether different than a "family" man, a "religious" man, who calls his wife a kunt.

Fish on...

Todd

way to use the "k"! applause

#438352 - 06/09/08 05:54 PM Re: What a nice old man with traditional family va [Re: Mikespike]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Yeah, the electronic thought police censored me the first time...

Fish on...

Todd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |