Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#443785 - 07/15/08 09:52 AM margaret archery bull tag
jadeball1 Offline
Smolt

Loc: poulsbo, wa
Anyone with information on this hunt unit would be greatly appreciated. Looking for access, animal quality/size, terrain, general info. Send a pm if ness. This is going to be frickin awesome!!!

#443787 - 07/15/08 10:32 AM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: jadeball1]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Loc: Rowers Seat
YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE PUT IN FOR A HUNT IF YOU DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE AREA, SIZE OF ANIMALS, QUALITY OF ANIMALS, ACCESS, TERRAIN???????

#443795 - 07/15/08 11:39 AM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: fishmaster]
jadeball1 Offline
Smolt

Whoa whoa. I didnt say I dont know anything about this area. I was looking for additional info. I do know what a margaret tag means to a archery hunter. Ive hunted the lewis and packwood units for the last 10 years. I know What size animals ive seen in the unit, but no i havnt climbed all over the unit looking for animals i cant hunt. But i will now. So any additional help would be appreciated, and jealousy will get you no where.

#443799 - 07/15/08 12:32 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: jadeball1]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I liked your last statement jadball......it's just jealousy. How many points did you have to draw a Margaret tag? That is going to be one awesome hunt.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are looking fwd to the pictures and stories. If you want a scouting partner one day I'd be down for that. I used to hike into the st helens area to fish and have seen lots of nice elk.
ps See you on the water tomorrow morning!

#443807 - 07/15/08 01:30 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: seastrike]
jadeball1 Offline
Smolt

roger, well I only had 3 points, never thought I would get drawn. I drew tags for montana and figured I wouldnt be gone for archery season here so why not, and bingo. So i will do a little scouting before things get interesting and help is always appreciated. AND I will expe thumbs thumbsct a report, leave a couple for the evening bite for me.

#443814 - 07/15/08 02:08 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: jadeball1]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
Keep a watch on the boundary lines on the southside in the higher elevations. Also there is a small part of the Margaret that lies just below one of the viewing stations. Spot em and neek up on em.

beware of "special hunters" scattering game

#443816 - 07/15/08 02:20 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: chasbo]
jadeball1 Offline
Smolt

Hey thanks, But if your at the viewing area, I will be the one at the top of the mountain skipping thru a field of daisies like the sound of music! Im thinkin coming in from the kid valley side. Not big on an audience! BUT we will see.

#443833 - 07/15/08 03:43 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: jadeball1]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
Elk rock

#443836 - 07/15/08 03:51 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: chasbo]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
"YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE PUT IN FOR A HUNT IF YOU DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE AREA, SIZE OF ANIMALS, QUALITY OF ANIMALS, ACCESS, TERRAIN???????"

I could see this attitude on an easy to draw hunt, but not a damn near OIL hunt. Get over yourself.

#443840 - 07/15/08 04:14 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Sorry guys, no jealousy here. Did you notice the 5x5 bull in my avatar? That came from my Toutle tag last year! I just don't understand the logic of putting in for a hunt and then expecting someone else to tell you were to go and how to get there? I have never hunted either area until I got drawn last year but have spent many a weekends in and around both the units, and I live in Lynnwood. Just reading your post would give someone the idea you don't even no were the unit it. Looking for access points??? There are only so many ways into this unit! I would venture to say that most people that put for a permit hunt already have a good idea of all the things you were looking for info on.

Just like thousands of others on this site have said before go for a drive do some scouting. That goes for fishing or hunting. If you already know the area than the best thing to do is spend every weekend up there scouting. That's what I did, and I would say I know both the Margret and Toutle area very well. Don't expect someone to tell you right were to go.

Sorry I'm not trying to be an ass. I hope you get a giant!!

#443844 - 07/15/08 04:36 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: fishmaster]
jadeball1 Offline
Smolt

Well, looks like I already found a giant ass. ...... Sorry, that was to easy. Your absolutely right. I shouldnt have asked those questions the way I did. I give the most respect to guys who put the effort in.... and are justified the reward. Ill put my time in and do the work, but this is a special hunt and i intent to share it with friends. Thanks for the constructive advice, Ill send you a picture

#443848 - 07/15/08 04:49 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: jadeball1]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
Cool! Cant wait to see the pics. Nothing more satisfying than a bow kill in an exclusive unit. Congrats on the draw; I got hosed on the draw this year.

j7 2012

#444859 - 07/22/08 01:26 AM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: fishmaster]
OLYBEAV Offline
Alevin

Loc: Lacey, Wa
jadeball, I have a Margaret Archery Bull Tag too. It took me 11 points. Send me an e-mail if you want to share some info and possibly hook up. Aldumas@aol.com

#446357 - 08/01/08 01:52 AM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: OLYBEAV]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
That's the way to do it.... I'll be the first to admit, I'm jealous!!!!!!!

Good luck to you and I'm anxious to see some reports.....

Keith

#448750 - 08/19/08 10:42 AM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: stlhdr1]
CrazyTom Offline
Fry

Jadeball, I will pm you the stuff I have for the unit from last year. Margaret and Toutle are basically once in a lifetime tags for some. You are not encroaching on anyones hunt and most guys team up for this hunt and camp at kid valley to ensure success and have the best hunt possible.

#448798 - 08/19/08 03:25 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: CrazyTom]
BBD Offline
Egg

I wouldn't mind a little help myself. I have a archery cow tag, and I've been up there the last two weekends, and it's been darn right hot. My wife and I hiked in a few hours behind a gate on Sunday, and I have a pretty good idea of where I would like to hunt, but any additional info would be greatly apprectiated, as this is my first ever permit! I would gladly trade info on other areas for fishing or hunting. thanks chad s.

#448826 - 08/19/08 06:19 PM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: CrazyTom]
jadeball1 Offline
Smolt

Thanks for that. Ive been doing some scouting, and am starting to feel pretty good about access and everything. Ive been in both sides and have a feeling where most people will be coming in at. Not sure where to camp at either kid valley or eco-park. Can you camp inside weyco? If you pass along info I would appreciated anything you got, thanks. It will be alot of fun, and either way, looking forward to a good hunt.

#448887 - 08/20/08 10:18 AM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: jadeball1]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: jadeball1
Thanks for that. Ive been doing some scouting, and am starting to feel pretty good about access and everything. Ive been in both sides and have a feeling where most people will be coming in at. Not sure where to camp at either kid valley or eco-park. Can you camp inside weyco? If you pass along info I would appreciated anything you got, thanks. It will be alot of fun, and either way, looking forward to a good hunt.

If you want to pm were you are thinking of hunting I will let you know if there is any state land were you are? 2 guys I hunt with drew cow tuotle tags so I will be up there bird dogging for them?

#448888 - 08/20/08 10:23 AM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: CrazyTom]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: CrazyTom
Jadeball, I will pm you the stuff I have for the unit from last year. Margaret and Toutle are basically once in a lifetime tags for some. You are not encroaching on anyones hunt and most guys team up for this hunt and camp at kid valley to ensure success and have the best hunt possible.

I have a large (14) group of guys I hunt with. We all put in for permits in pairs. The are 2 different pairs that have drawn multiple tags for both units. One group has drawn a margret bull tag, a toutle bull tag twice, and now a toutle cow tag. The other pair has been drawn 3 toutle bull tags? I sure hope I will be able to draw another one of those tags. I figure I have a good 30 years of hunting left. That is a SH!T LOAD of points to have built up!!

Edited by fishmaster (08/20/08 10:24 AM)

#448891 - 08/20/08 11:06 AM Re: margaret archery bull tag [Re: fishmaster]
GreenRiver Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: fishmaster

If you want to pm were you are thinking of hunting I will let you know if there is any state land were you are? 2 guys I hunt with drew cow tuotle tags so I will be up there bird dogging for them?

You can find state land using GO HUNT. It's a map program in the hunting section of WDFW.

Most people suck at internet........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |