Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#445866 - 07/29/08 02:02 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: eveningbite]
A-DOG Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Friday Harbor, WA
eveningbite, I saw you running up the channel this weekend. I live in between Turn Island and Brown Island. I wondered who had that boat. I saw you a couple of times this winter coming in from Salmon Bank to. Pretty sure anyway, its a pretty distinctive boat. Big Rock area can be a sweet spot. I like it in the winter. Havent been fishing it much this summer though. I released an upper 20's native up the beach closer to the entrance to Fishermans during the Roche Derby this year. Bummer, but glad to have had the fight. If I see you I will definately say hello. And yes I agree with your assessment. The islands are a great place to test your skills.

#445868 - 07/29/08 02:15 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: eveningbite]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
A 34 ft Pursuit Center Console.
Man that is a sweet boat. Post a pic up of it. That is so east coast. You just don't see that out here.

#445870 - 07/29/08 02:25 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Speyguy]
eveningbite Offline
Juvenille at Sea

4 strokes. They are a bit thirsty but that has more to do with my deadrise and weight. I average around 29 gallons per hour at 42 miles per hour and can run at 40 in just about any seas. They troll down real nice. Love the set ups. Pirates are fine as long as they have plenty of rum on board!

#445892 - 07/29/08 10:31 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Speyguy]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

Was out saturday at eagle bluff, about 20 to 25 boats and saw 1 fish caught.

Kaiser, where did you jig up that king (don't need to be specific).

#445984 - 07/29/08 07:33 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Waterboy]
eveningbite Offline
Juvenille at Sea

A-Dog. Sweet place to live and close to lots of good fishing holes. The big rock is a killer spot, I don't mention it much to stay in good graces with the locals. That was me buzzing by a couple times this weekend taking the girls to Friday Harbor and fishing Spring Pass. Salmon bank was working for everyone during the winter so that's where I spent most my time.
Seatrike. Very East Coast, had her shipped in from Miami. I would post pics but I'm bashful. I'm surprised few people in the Northwest buy big center consoles for fishing. They are a ton of fun, handle big water well, and a blast to fish in.

#445989 - 07/29/08 08:39 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: eveningbite]
CDSeattle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Woodinville, WA
I guess we fished with you this weekend - nice to meet you!

We fished Eagle Pt on Saturday morning. Nothing

We fished SJ Channel between Rocky Bay and FH on Sunday morning. Nothing.

Oh well. We're back home now and the fishing has been great in Area 9. Gotta get out there this week.

#446022 - 07/30/08 01:13 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: CDSeattle]
salty Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Sorta glad to hear I wasn't the only one not catching this weekend. Must have fished with some of you...I was in a white 21' striper with a white hard top, fishing solo for most of the weekend. Not only did I not catch anything, but my gas bill will rival anyone's....

Friday, left Seattle at 7am, stopped at Foulweather Bluff for a bit in the fog, then went to midchannel for a bit til the fog lifted enough for me to run the straits. Didn't see a net at either place. Unfortunately the fog didn't lift as much as I'd like, but went for it and made it to Fisherman Bay about 2pm. Just crabbed that night.

Fished Eagle Pt. then a bit at Salmon Bank Saturday morning. One 20" coho, but that was it. Ran back across the straits for a wedding in Port Hadlock. Nice trip across.

Fished about an hour at midchannel later Sunday am (wedding was a late night), with a 20" blackmouth to show for it. Again didn't see any nets. Winds picked up just in time for our trip back to Lopez. Pretty sloppy trip across...wife didn't think it was all that fun. Got pounded by the wind waves at big rock that afternoon/evening, so eventually pulled up and had a nice, calm evening at O Pass. Sure was nice to get out of the wind. Lots o' bait, but no fish.

Monday am fished Lawrence Pt., then the north end of Orcas. One takedown but didn't stick. A few boats at both spots, but didn't see a net. Monday afternoon/evening fished Big Rock, again with no success.

Today, headed home. Fished the low slack at O Pass, with no nets for three boats. Then left for Deception Pass...trip that far was uneventful, then the winds kicked up as I turned south and things got interesting. Out in front of Oak Harbor had 4-5' wind waves out of the south, at which point I decided to put it on the dock. The thought of motoring 50 miles straight into a 20 knot wind didn't sound fun. Luckily my wife was taking the ferry across, so I had her pick me up on her way, headed home and got the truck and trailer, then went back to Oak Harbor to grab the boat. Just got home about 9pm. Long day.

#446040 - 07/30/08 09:59 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
chumsalmon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham
Nice Fish Aaron! From the reports It sounds like you were one of the few. I wish i had a report to give, but i haven't been out in a couple weeks. Anyway, keep up the good work. And thanks to all the others for the reports, i'll be sure to add one after my next trip.

Mark

#446131 - 07/30/08 07:24 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: chumsalmon]
Salmon Leader Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Des Moines, Wa
I will be on vacation starting Monday, Aug 5th for two weeks. No kids, no wife! They are on a trip to the east coast. Plan on getting out in the islands for crab and salmon. Glad to see this post. We need a steady report for area 7. Long runs to lots of fishing spots so would be good to know any info to increase our chances. Keep it up! I'll post when I've been out.

Steve

#446152 - 07/30/08 11:04 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Salmon Leader]
Speyguy Offline
Returning Adult

Hey Steve, as long as someone posts daily....the thing doesn't get put on the back burner....I haven't been out, but want to keep posting so that this post doesn't get lost.....love to hear anything about anybody catching anything in our area. Whole lotta crab has been caught recently(and all winter for that matter)....I used to have a few spots where you saw few buoy's....and they all got hammered this winter by the native fleet...and I think the recreational people took note....and there are 100's of buoys everywhere..... Tom

#446322 - 07/31/08 10:27 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Speyguy]
Salmon Leader Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Des Moines, Wa
I am going to go out this weekend. The rain we're having will hopefully stir things up. Tide Pt, Strawberry Island, Eagle Bluff is where I will try first. Guess I better check the tides first......

Steve

#446374 - 08/01/08 10:14 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Salmon Leader]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

How do the tides look this weekend?

#446502 - 08/01/08 11:55 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Waterboy]
A-DOG Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Friday Harbor, WA
No pictures but SJ Channel has been hot this week. We have quite a few upper teens and low 20's fish weighed in to our derby from the area this week. I have been flinging arrows but got a call from a buddy about an hour ago and he said they had another multiple fish night.......Leaving for PT Townsend in the early am and starting to second guess that plan. Have fun boys!

#446653 - 08/03/08 10:32 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: A-DOG]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

I fished eagle bluff, tide point and lopez flats on saturday. Never say a fish and never saw a net fly. Talked to one guy who said he had a fish. Really slow. Only about 15 boats at tide point and about 10 at lopez flats.

#446700 - 08/03/08 11:14 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Waterboy]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

Fished Saturday and Sunday, el skunkaroo both days.

Saturday- Obstruction and Tide Point, we saw one fish caught and the fish checker had only checked in one fish from Guemes.

Sunday- Strawberry Island/Tidepoint, Secret Harbor and Guemes, only saw one fish caught and the fish checker said they had only counted again one fish claiming to come from Pt. Lawrence.

Needless to say, it SUCKED!

#446703 - 08/03/08 11:32 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Thrasher]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Fished for a few hours on Sunday mid-day. Obstruction was bare of fishermen and fish. Fished Eagle Bluff and Tide Point briefly but didn't see any action. I was glad I skipped Saturday. Things will brighten up soon.

#446740 - 08/04/08 12:35 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Full-Pull Offline
Alevin

Loc: Ferndale, WA
Fished Eagle Bluff & Slime Hole/Armitage Is. Fri PM...nada.
Talked to a guy at Eagle, he had one fish on...before a seal got it!

Waterboy,

We were down at Lopez/James Is. Sat AM, in my 19' Arima Hardtop.
Probably saw you. What boat were you in?

I saw one fish netted, otherwise nada.

Fished low slack Sat aft @ Obstruction, about 10 other boats...nada.

This is gettin' old...

BTW -
Longtime lurker - new member.
First Post.
Woohoo!

#447350 - 08/07/08 10:08 AM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Full-Pull]
chumsalmon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Here is a second hand report, just to keep this post going.

Friends fished yesterday:
Eagle point and Lime Kilm. No fish caught and they said they didn't see any fish on by the handfull of other boats out there.

I can only hope that someone else has a more positive report.

#447482 - 08/07/08 07:52 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Speyguy]
Next Year Offline
Eyed Egg

Not hearing glowing reports but as long as the wind isn't up too much this weekend I'll try and make it out and post the results.
Good luck all

#447488 - 08/07/08 08:30 PM Re: Area 7 Report.... [Re: Next Year]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I'll be out a little this weekend.

If anyone is looking for a shred of positivity, I did see 3 salmon heads and guts at the launch when leaving last Saturday. One of the heads was from a fish that would have easily gone over 20. They must have picked the fish up in the morning and cleaned them right before I launched because the crabs hadn't even gotten to them yet.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |