Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Think McCain has his hand on her ass?

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#450457 - 08/30/08 12:29 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Is MCCAIN copping a feel?

- Albert Einstein.

#450458 - 08/30/08 12:30 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I think I'd have my hand on her ass...but I'm not running for President any time soon.

Even if I did have my hand on her ass, I could still run for President in 30 years, right Sol Duc?

smile

Fish on...

Todd

#450460 - 08/30/08 12:35 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Originally Posted By: blue water pro

Mf

I like her. Good choice! [/quote]

Now I know why, I liked her soooooooooo much....... wink

Nice Job John.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#450474 - 08/30/08 01:27 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Magicfly]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Palin is considering letting foreign fish processors into Alaska.

Here is the first hit on a Google search for Palin fishing,

Palin wants to give our salmon away to foreigners

The Republicans have a history of sending our jobs and resources overseas.

She's a freakin tool!

Palin considers foreign processors
BRISTOL BAY: Canneries couldn't handle glut of salmon and imposed limits.

By WESLEY LOY
wloy@adn.com

Published: July 12th, 2008 02:06 AM
Last Modified: July 12th, 2008 04:03 AM

JUNEAU -- Gov. Sarah Palin said she'll look at ways to bring more fish processors to Bristol Bay, where many commercial salmon gillnetters are upset that overwhelmed processors have imposed catch limits.

Story tools

Comments

E-mail a friend

Print

Digg this

Seed Newsvine

Send link via AIM

Yahoo! Buzz

Font size : A | A | A
Palin's husband, Todd, is among the angry fishermen. He fishes from shore sites near Dillingham, and his processing company has placed him on tight limits this season, Gov. Palin said.

She questioned whether processors were honest in a capacity survey the state conducted over the winter to see if the companies could handle the full sockeye run, which is large this season.

"Despite what they told the state -- that they could handle it, that they had the capacity -- they do not," Palin said.

When commercial fishermen are idled because processors are glutted, they see potential money swimming upstream as the red salmon head for their spawning grounds.

One possible solution is to allow foreign processing ships to come into the bay next year to buy excess fish.

ADVERTISEMENT

The established processors historically have fought that, and two of Palin's predecessors, Frank Murkowski and Tony Knowles, declined to grant permission for foreign ships to operate in state waters.

"I have a much more open mind about foreign processors than prior administrations did," Palin said.

She said her administration is interested in fostering competition for rights to develop state resources such as oil and gas.

"We need to do the same with our fisheries," she said. "Open it up for competition and let those processors have to compete for the right to purchase that resource from the fishermen."

FICKLE FISH RUNS

This week, she dispatched fisheries adviser Cora Crome to Naknek to talk with processors and fishermen about the bay's latest cannery capacity crunch.

Companies whose plants were plugged with fish last season also imposed catch limits or temporarily suspended buying.

Bristol Bay is home to the richest U.S. salmon fishery, and this year's commercial catch is shaping up as a large one, despite limits on how many fish the gillnetters can deliver for sale to canneries.

Through Wednesday, the catch was nearly 21 million sockeye, with another week or two of strong fishing left in the season. Last year's season tally was nearly 30 million sockeye, worth $116 million at the docks.

Glenn Reed, president of the Pacific Seafood Processors Association, said he understands some fishermen are upset with catch limits, but he said emotions always run high at hectic Bristol Bay, where the fish tend to return too fast or too slow every year.

Processors must risk millions of dollars before each season to get ready for fickle fish runs that some years are huge and other years are disappointing. Processors who aren't prudent with their expenses don't survive, he said.

"Bristol Bay has always been open to anybody who wants to come out and give processing a try," he said.

Reed said bay processors aren't afraid of competition but would not want to compete with processing ships whose owners might not be subject to the same tax burden or labor requirements as shore-based operators, he said.

The best approach is to wait until the end of the season to see how well fishermen fare and how many salmon the processors end up buying, Reed said. Then industry players and state officials can talk, he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find Wesley Loy's commercial fishing blog online at adn.com/highliner or call him in Juneau at 586-1531.

#450475 - 08/30/08 01:27 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Todd
Think he'll dump his wife* for her?

Fish on...

Todd

*like he already did before

No, she pays the bills. Anyone paying your bills?

#450476 - 08/30/08 01:31 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Steelheadman]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Have another glass of Gatorade.....

- Albert Einstein.

#450477 - 08/30/08 01:32 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: goharley]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: goharley
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
Obama wanted to prosecute a man in Illinois who defended his home, with an unregistered gun.

I don't know the laws of Illinois, but if the state's law is that certain guns are to be registered, and the NRA's central belief is that we don't need more laws, simply enforce the ones we have, then didn't Obama do exactly what the NRA advocates?

So you speak for the NRA? When did they support gun registration?

#450478 - 08/30/08 01:33 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I agree with the "Hillary voter factor"...McLame had two choices, if'n he was going to pick a woman.

Pick Hutchison, and move himself towards the center, and try to nab Hillary voters. I thought that was what he was going to do, because I think that would have added more votes in the long run. Remember, every Hillary vote that is added to his tally counts double...those are voters who should be voting for Obama.

Pick Palin, and he has actually moved himself even farther to the right...she's female, but she's far from being a feminist. She comes from a commercial fishing family, with ties to Big Oil and Big Energy, and is against a woman's right to choose. Not exactly a stunning resume to steal Hillary's followers...which she won't, not by a long length.

I think this was McSame's pandering to the "even farther right than himself" crowd, many of which disdain his "maverick" stances, even though they are more ephemeral than smoke...he's about as maverick as a Ford Maverick.

This might be the Dems wet dream...because McSame's VP choice was going to be instrumental for stealing Hillary supporters, and like Hank, I don't think this helped them much. Sure, there are some Hillary supporters who would vote for anyone, so long as that anyone has a vagina, so they'll get them...but that ain't very many.

Instead, this will be the final push to send the vast majority of Hillary supporters over to Obama, if they weren't there already.

Her legal problems won't go away too easily, but like I said earlier, this might actually take some heat off of her from the investigators...the investigators are Alaskan, too, and they'd love to have an Alaskan in the White House.

I'd give it a "C" for average...the goods balance out the bads just about perfectly...if he had chosen Hutchison, I'd have given the choice a B+.

Fish on...

Todd

#450479 - 08/30/08 01:34 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

LB...are you off your meds or something? You've been raving like a lunatic for the past 18 hours.

Fish on...

Todd

#450480 - 08/30/08 01:37 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Dan S.]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Quote:
They albeit destroyed the small personal airlplane market.

Who did?

Just curious.

Trial laywers, which is why the fight over Tort reform went on for so long, or still..........

#450482 - 08/30/08 01:45 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Todd , I think you're under estimating the Women voter who just wants to see a woman in office. Do you think Romney would have given JM a better chance of winning? Are you voting for BO ?

- Albert Einstein.

#450485 - 08/30/08 01:53 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Todd , I think you're under estimating the Women voter who just wants to see a woman in office. Do you think Romney would have given JM a better chance of winning? Are you voting for BO ?

I think it's underestimating the woman voter to think that they'll vote for McCain just because he's got Palin on the ticket. First off, she's against a woman's right to choose, and in spite of what you hear from the RWWJ's, that pisses off about 85% of women.

I think Romney would have pissed off the far right lunatic fringe of the Republican Party...aka, the Christian Coalition...and that comprises too high of a percentage of Republican voters for Romney to ever have been an actual serious choice for McCain.

Like I said above, Hutchison would have been a much better choice if McSame wanted to steal Hillary voters...but it would have come at the expense of alienating the fundie whackjobs, and apparently John thinks that the fundie whackjobs are more important than the Hillary votes.

I think he's wrong on that call, but he's got all the same dudes that got his ass out of the race eight years ago calling the shots for him now, and they obviously are good at what they do.

Hell yes I'm voting for Obama.

I'd vote for JP Patches if he was running against McCain.

I'm sure as hell not wasting my vote voting for Ron Paul, who I'd prefer over both of them...as I've said before, there are bunch of McCain voters out there talking through their hats telling you that they're voting for Paul, hoping that each one of them can get one Dem to vote for Paul, too...while they are lying and are going to vote for McCain anyway.

Fish on...

Todd

#450489 - 08/30/08 02:22 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Yeah, I don't understand this " im voting for Ron Paul" why vote at all? same results.

- Albert Einstein.

#450490 - 08/30/08 02:30 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Todd
This talk won't matter much...for several reasons...

1. Outside of the PNW, people don't give a rat's ass about environmental issues in the PNW. They don't care about the Pebble Mine, they don't care about fishing, and the only salmon they care about are the ones that end up on their plate when out to eat at restaurants...and they're happy with farmed Atlantic Salmon from Argentina.

2. Within the PNW, right wingers, even so-called "outdoorsmen", don't seem to mind voting over and over again for the very politicos that are owned, part and parcel, by the industries that seek to destroy their outdoorsy way of life.

It baffles me why they continue to do this...I mean, they know damn well they're doing it, and they do it anyway. They even go with the "Sportsmen for Bush!" bumper stickers and the like...and frankly, you can't get much more retarded than that.

Yeah, they're pro gun rights...but no one, and I mean NO ONE is looking to take away anyone's hunting rifles or shotguns...NO ONE...no matter what those lying sacks in the NRA tell you. There are no politicians running for any office of any consequence who have any interest whatsoever in doing that.

None.

What good is the right to carry an assault rifle into the taco shop on the corner going to do a "sportsman" when there's no wild areas, or game left to shoot?

None at all...that's what...but they still do it, and they know exactly what they're doing, and they do it anyway.

Now, if you want to impose your fundamentalist beliefs on the other 75% of the population who wants you to STFU, then by all means vote for them. If you support what BushCorp has been doing to our country and the world for the past seven years, then by all means, vote for McCain.

There are a host of reasons to support McCain, even if they are mainly a little whacked, IMHO.

That being said...anyone who claims they are voting Republican in order to improve their access to and enjoyment of hunting and fishing is either really, really stupid, or just has their head stuck so far in the sand all you can see is their ballet slippers.

Fish on...

Todd

There you go Todd, talking out your ass again.
You do follow fishing issues very closley and I agree with nearly all of your philosophies, but you are clearly oblivious to the threats facing the world of hunting and firearms ownership.

The threat to hunters from liberal based organizations is far far greater than what you are trying to cover up.
I know, I submerge myself in it constantly.
And it is NOT simply the NRA psychobabble that you like to refer to.
It is YOUR party members , the DEMOCRATS that are doing it.

They use fear tactictics and prey on the uneducated majority to ramrod new gun leglislation down the throats of law abiding citizens.

Do you realize that my son's deer rifle is more powerful and carries more down range energy than the M16's and AK47's used in Iraq?
Lay that on the uninformed...

What constitutes a sniper rifle?

Virtually EVERY big game round in existence is capable of penetrating police body armour.

What is a "Cop Killer Bullet"?

Every single bullet I've ever fired would be banned if penetrating police body armour was the criteria used.

You claim to be a sportsman, I call bullshitt, you are a fisherman yes, but have NO concept of the left wing assault on gun owners and the threats facing today's hunters.

I've witnessed Ballot box wildlife management first hand as liberal treehuggers introduce ballot measures to take control away from qualified wildlife professionals and institute liberal agendas on my hunting opportunities.
Prop 117 in California forever protects mountain lions just after the California dept of fish & game tried to open a season to reduce their numbers due to a dwindling deer population.
The treehuggers outnumbered us and put the measure to a vote.
NOW, the department of fish and game kills and incinerates more lions yearly than they were going to allow hunters to take (and pay for).
My neighbor has killed nine in the last twelve years on depredation permits.
Fish & game comes out takes tha cat away than buries or burns it.
What a fuggin waste,not only to the lions wasted but to the depleted deer herds.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/issues/lion/depredation.html

http://www.mountainlion.org/history.asp

EVERY SINGLE anti hunting and anti gun organization out there promotes the democratic party, just why do you suppose that is?
It is because YOUR BELOVED PARTY is sympathetic to their causes.
Plain & simple.
Deny it.

Do you really wonder why hunters can't get behind your green machine?
You just don't get it Todd.

Ok, now call me names.

#450496 - 08/30/08 08:06 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
In 1984, Ronald Reagan took 56% of the female voters even though Ferraro was on the Democratic ticket. Reagan's overall percentage was 58.8% so it appears that women vote with their brains, not their reproductive organs.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#450504 - 08/30/08 10:06 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: eddie]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Here is an interesting little ditty....

Sarah Palin and Joe Biden: Worlds Apart

Friday, August 29, 2008

Even before this week, the difference between Barack Obama and John McCain was clear. For one, McCain joined more than 300 other members of Congress in signing a "friend of the court" brief, in District of Columbia v. Heller, urging the Supreme Court to rule in favor of the Second Amendment and against D.C.'s handgun ban.

Obama refused to sign the Heller brief, and supports reinstituting the Clinton gun and magazine ban. He also supports Ted Kennedy's bill to ban semi-automatic handguns in the guise of "micro-stamping," and supports banning inexpensive handguns as "junk guns."

But now that each candidate has chosen his running mate, the difference is even clearer than before. And when it comes to guns, the two prospective vice-presidents are as far apart as the states from which they hail.

Sen. McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, is a NRA Life Member and hunter who says, "I support our Constitutional right to bear arms and am a proponent of gun safety programs for Alaska's youth," adding "I have always strongly supported the personal use of fish and game by Alaskans. I grew up hunting and fishing in Alaska, and I am proud to raise my children with this same uniquely Alaskan heritage."

NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox says "Governor Palin doesn't just talk about supporting the Second Amendment, it's part of her life, and she did her part to vindicate the Second Amendment for all Americans when Alaska joined 30 other states in signing a legal brief supporting Heller's challenge to the D.C. gun-ban."

As for Joe Biden, from Delaware, the Brady Campaign sums it up in a straightforward enough fashion, saying, "Senator Biden has been a consistent supporter of the Brady Campaign," and "Senator Biden was a key player in the fight for the federal assault weapons ban that passed in 1994. He also worked hard for passage of the Brady Law (sic)."

In fact, Biden introduced an "assault weapons" ban in Congress five years before the Clinton gun and magazine ban was imposed. In 1989, Biden's Senate Bill 1970 proposed to ban the Colt AR-15 and eight similar firearms as "assault weapons," and authorize the Secretary of the Treasury (in reality, BATF) and the Attorney General to recommend to Congress any other firearms, regardless of type, to be banned as "additional assault weapons."

As lead sponsor of the Senate crime bill to which the Feinstein gun ban amendment was attached, Biden was instrumental in the passage of the 1994 Clinton gun and magazine ban. Biden reiterated his support for the ban—and, in fact, took credit for authoring it—in response to a question at the CNN/YouTube debate earlier this year.

Biden voted for the ban on a stand-alone vote in 1993, and voted to extend the ban in 2004 as an amendment to the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act." He also included a renewal of the ban in his crime bill last year, along with gun show restrictions.

Currently, Biden's S. 2237 proposes to renew the Clinton ban on roughly 200 makes and models of semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns on the basis of things like the shape of their grips, and on ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, regardless of the kind of firearm in which they are used.

As if that's not enough, Biden voted against the law that prohibits lawsuits designed to bankrupt law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers. He also refused to sign the Congressional brief in Heller, and voted to confirm only one of the five justices who ruled in favor of the Second Amendment in Heller, yet he voted to confirm all four justices who voted against the Second Amendment in that case.

To put it simply, Gov. Sarah Palin would be one of the most pro-gun vice-presidents in American history, and Joe Biden would definitely be the most anti-gun.

#450507 - 08/30/08 10:41 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Salmonella]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Remember when I talked about which rights might get trampled on?
For those who would say the Dem's don't want your guns, read above.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#450523 - 08/30/08 12:45 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Dogfish]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Sal, cool your jets and read what I wrote.

What I wrote was this...

What good is owning a stable full of guns if there is no wild land or game to shoot at anymore?

What good is being a fisherman when there are no fish to fish for anymore?

Folks like Palin talk a good talk about how outdoorsy they are, but what she really means by being outdoorsy is being a commercial fisherman and giving away swatches of land to Big Oil and other Big Energy industries.

I own guns myself, and have no desire to give any of them up...but far more important to me is having places to use them, and completely outside the gun conversation, it's important to me to have places to go camping, backpacking, and fishing where there are actual fish around to catch, and trees and wild lands.

"Gun Owners for Bush" is a bumper sticker that makes sense.

"Sportsmen for Bush" does not mean the same thing, and is so stupid as to make me wonder about the sanity of those I see with that bumper sticker...I'm sure the NRA will start selling $5 "Sportsmen for McCain!" bumper stickers here soon, too...and they'll be just as retarded as the Bush ones.

Fish on...

Todd

#450530 - 08/30/08 01:01 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Todd,
Clearly not ALL of your posts are off base, but neither are mine.
I guess it boils down to the degree of the threat.
I read a bunch of literature off of the anti's websites.
What hunters fear is the short term and immediate threats to their passion.
Bans on taking certain species, bans on guns , bans on ammunition.
Degradation to the environment is a long term thing, while infinitley important, it's
effects are not as immediate as legislative threats, therefore doesn't get the reaction from sportsmen.
Big game animals are enjoying very good populations at this time for the most part.
I get a little bent when the looney left broadcasts that Bush has decimated our game rich wilderness areas.
Certainly some republican policies are harmful.
Neither party offers utopia.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 982 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |