Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#452858 - 09/11/08 08:54 PM Palin interview
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Anyone else catch the Palin interview? I was actually pretty impressed with the questions Gibson asked. I figured they'd be all softballs, but he asked some pretty decent ones, focusing on foreign policy. As expected she couldn't give coherent answers. No wonder they kept her sequestered away.

#452875 - 09/11/08 10:41 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: goharley]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
I heard she did pretty well. Now tell me why they won't ask tough questions of the Messiah!

Gibson is an idiot.

Otherwise I'm retired!

#452882 - 09/12/08 12:03 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I finshed grooming my ditch, and did a little work on the backhoe. Saturday I'll work on back-filling the foundation for the shop!

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#452884 - 09/12/08 12:20 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: Dogfish]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
I finshed grooming my ditch

Uhh, TMI.

#452888 - 09/12/08 12:41 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
I think at this point we need to confront the fact that we don't know yet which is more uncomfortable: watching Sarah Palin try to demonstrate her qualifications to be president or watching John McCain try to describe them.

grin

KK and you can sit there with a straight face and tell me you don't get uncomfortable at BO stuttering and stammering his way through meaningless replies to watered down questions from gutless interviewers? The only one who came close to challenging him so far has been O'reilly. He even gave him a pass.

And I thought you were on top of it! lame

Otherwise I'm retired!

#452894 - 09/12/08 01:24 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Stephen Hawking is brilliant.

Don't overuse the word, or you lose the meaning.

It's like 'hero'.

Heroes charge machine-gun nests. Heroes throw themselves on grenades to save their buddies. Heroes run into burning buildings to save people.

When people are called 'hero' for lesser things, it devalues those whose actions are truly heroic.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#452902 - 09/12/08 03:08 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Dood, she's as brilliant as a brillo pad. She still doesn't know what Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac are, or what they do, she doesn't know what the Bush Doctrine is, but she supports it fully, and her grasp of foriegn policy is embarrasing just to listen to, much less to say.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#452903 - 09/12/08 03:15 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: Todd]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
And your Boy Osama does?

#452936 - 09/12/08 12:46 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

What it sums up well is the usual...at least half of her supporters, perhaps more on this BB, can't in any way, shape, or form have an actual conversation about it.

Nookie, you have the same response to every single thing...to talk about Obama. That's what happens when one of two things happen...you don't konw what you're talking about, or your candidate doesn't...in this case, I think it's the double whammy...

Both apply.

Hank, I was actually surprised that Gibson asked a few tough questions...he's usually a softball lobber, and that's why he got tapped to do the interview. She did deflect the fundamentalist Christian dingbat questions OK, but she did by either skipping the answer altogether, or speaking in direct conflict with the tapes of her telling her congregation at her church that the war in Iraq was a "task from God"...

After hearing the tape, she wavered back and forth, ignored the question repeatedly, and Gibson stuck to it...until she said she doesn't know the will of God and that the war is not really a "task from God", which were the exact words she used at the church...exact words.

I like her point that she has foreign policy experience because you can see islands that are Russian territory from some points in Alaska.

That's compelling.

I can see Vancouver Island from half the places I fish in the salt in Puget Sound...hell, I even fish in Canada a few times per year...that makes me even more qualified than her.

I think you're right about the VP debates...if she doesn't figure out what she's actually talking about, she's going to get her ass whipped by Biden...just spewing out the talking points she memorized won't get it done there.

Fish on...

Todd

#452938 - 09/12/08 01:38 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Todd]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Woah Sarah, before you speak, look into your mind and make sure that is what "they" want you to say!

More scripted and rehearsed lines... Typical.....backed to the gills by the deep seated corporate war profiteers... both she and McCain should be nowhere near weapons and power.

The McCain campaign exhibits the very epitome of very the LAST THING WE NEED IN WASHINGTON! The insular McCain is showing signs of loosing his acuity. Watching him speak, it seems as though he himself believes the lies both he and his celebrity VP have been scripted to say.
These two are clearly puppets of a much larger force that cannot relinquish the root of their only source of power and financial bearing..... and THANKFULLY for the security of the American people, that is becoming increasingly evident day by day.

#452939 - 09/12/08 01:40 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Sky-Guy]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Yeah, but Obama's a muslim and it's all Clinton's fault.

Fish on...

Todd

#452940 - 09/12/08 01:44 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Todd]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Yeah, And dont mind my opinion, I'm just a crazy Liberal conspiracy theorist with a tin hat. cool

BTW, good to see you around GoHarley.

Edited by Sky-Guy (09/12/08 01:50 PM)

#452944 - 09/12/08 02:47 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Sky-Guy]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Palin also talked about the need to reduce greenhouse emissions to prevent man caused global climate change...dovetailing with McCain's own opinions about that.

Unfortunately for her, people can actually look up her record...and here it is...

(Political Animal) PALIN'S GLOBAL-WARMING SKEPTICISM.... Since Sarah Palin was added to the Republican ticket, there have been multiple reports about her skepticism regarding the science behind global warming. Last night, during her ABC interview, Palin was pressed on her beliefs, and got a little defensive.

"Show me where I have ever said that there's absolute proof that nothing that man has ever conducted or engaged in has had any effect or no effect on climate change. I have not said that," Palin told Charlie Gibson.

Well, what has she said? The AP takes a closer look, and concludes Palin's remarks to ABC are "at odds with her previous statements."

[I]n the past Palin has said she does not believe global warming is caused by human activity. She has told the Internet news site Newsmax, "A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location.... I'm not one, though, who would attribute it to being man-made."In an interview with a Fairbanks newspaper within the last year, Palin said: "I'm not an Al Gore, doom-and-gloom environmentalist blaming the changes in our climate on human activity." ABC cited the interview as being at odds with her statement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/12/politics/animal/main4443795.shtml

I can appreciate Palin being embarrassed about her beliefs now; she's obviously well outside the scientific mainstream. If I were her, in my first national television interview, I'd be tempted to distance myself from right-wing talking points, too.

But Palin's record is Palin's record, and the fact remains that she's so far out there, she's rejected the connection between global warming and human activity. Indeed, she's done so more than once. This not only tells us something important about Palin's understanding of public policy, it also tells us a great deal about how she perceives and considers evidence that runs counter to her ideology.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/palin-global-wa.html

“A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made,” Palin said in the interview, which was posted online Friday.

Now, of course, in order to be "in line" with McCain, she's towing the line and admitting that it is indeed human caused, and that it needs to be rectified.

Just further evidence that she has no actual convictions, just wind in the willows poll-based talking points.

Also...back to her excellent foreign policy experience...she got her first passport two years ago, and can see a Russian island from the farthest western point of Alaska.

That's it.

When asked if she had ever met a head of state, she said no, and said that most VP's would answer the same...except she's wrong. Every living VP has met with at least one head of state before becoming VP...and no VP in the past 32 years can say that they haven't.

Unlike the other ten or twelve things she just flat out lies about, I believe she just as no clue on this one...

Fish on...

Todd

#452951 - 09/12/08 03:29 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Todd]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Todd

Also...back to her excellent foreign policy experience...she got her first passport two years ago, and can see a Russian island from the farthest western point of Alaska.

Cool.

My 5 year old daughter got her first passport when she was 9 months and has set foot in German, Amsterdam, and Mexico.

My 3 year old boy got his first passport at the ripe age of 11 months and has only set foot in Mexico.

I'd say my two children are probably as qualified, if not more qualified in the foreign policy experience division than the VPILF.

PS. I've been to Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan and own and a display a Quoran in my house. I think that makes me a muslim terrorist and probably disqualifies me for my foreign policy experience.

At least that is what I told those damned Jahova-Witnesses that started talking to me out in the front yard as I was doing some yard work. I invited them in to read the Quoran with me and to join "the jihaad". The looks on their faces was priceless...yet declined to come in the house with me for some reason.

#452956 - 09/12/08 04:11 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: The Moderator]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
[quote
At least that is what I told those damned Jahova-Witnesses that started talking to me out in the front yard as I was doing some yard work. I invited them in to read the Quoran with me and to join "the jihaad". The looks on their faces was priceless...yet declined to come in the house with me for some reason. [/quote]

YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOR THAT ONE PARKER!!!!

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#452957 - 09/12/08 04:20 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Magicfly]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Yes, but at least it made me laugh. A lot. wink

#452958 - 09/12/08 04:24 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Magicfly]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Is there anything that Sarah Palin can't do? She absolutely nailed that interview.....WOW......

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#452961 - 09/12/08 04:30 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Magicfly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Mf, I think you may have been watching a different interview than the rest of the world...

Read the news...she's been described as "defensive", "not confident", "bumbling", "unresponsive", and "contradictory"...and that barely scratches the surface.

I think that Biden is just biding his time...in the VP debate I think he'll come out swinging and point out how she has flip-flopped on virtually everything that she is now supporting, along with McSame, and that her lack of understanding of some very fundamental tenets of foreign policy and economics will really shine when she doesn't have talking points written out for her by the Bush team to read off of a teleprompter...last night she showed that she has yet another thing in common with Bush...that she can read a teleprompter fine, but can't put together a common sense sentence when forced to do it off the top of her head...she's gonna get demolished.

Fish on...

Todd

#452966 - 09/12/08 05:26 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Todd]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
Has anyone else noticed that whenever Mcain and Palin show up in public together that mcain stands behind Palin and lets her do all the talking. Is this because he is becoming senile and just a terrible public speaker? I realize that she has been the only bright spot since his campaign started dying but she's not the one running for president. I cant wait for the debates. -TBJ

#452968 - 09/12/08 05:51 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: TBJ]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
Am I supposed to be offended Todd? Because I am not agreement of your views? All you talk about is McCain, so whats the difference? All Hail Todd- The Great Decider! kneel OBAMA/TODD '08!!!!

Edited by nookie dreamin' (09/12/08 05:58 PM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |