Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#458328 - 10/07/08 05:44 PM Obituary from the London Times
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Obituary printed in the London Times........

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;

I Know My Rights

I Want It Now

Someone Else Is To Blame

I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#458338 - 10/07/08 06:27 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Jerry Garcia]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
thumbs +1

Dammit Jerry, we're getting old.........

#458348 - 10/07/08 07:17 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: ParaLeaks]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Ouch, but so true in the world we live in today.

#458370 - 10/07/08 08:43 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: docspud]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
i really miss the good old days, when a dad could just flat out slap the schit out of a child, having a child rolling thier eyes. or for talking back. the good ole days when a leather belt was used.

#458375 - 10/07/08 09:02 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Brewer]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Clothes hanger lashing's while trapped in the closet....made me the man I am today. smile

Thanks Mom. wink

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#458501 - 10/08/08 08:40 AM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Magicfly]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
My Mom would wack me with the wooden coat hanger--- until the day I reached up when it was on it's downstroke and wouldn't let it go.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#458518 - 10/08/08 10:19 AM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Jerry Garcia]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
There shoulda been a sign somewhere along the route that read.....You are now entering the era of "The Whiny Little Bastards.....No balls beyond this point."

Hey, at least we all get to enjoy the fruits of our labor. smile

#458567 - 10/08/08 02:36 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Magicfly]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
Originally Posted By: Magicfly
Clothes hanger lashing's while trapped in the closet....made me the man I am today. smile

Thanks Mom. wink

Mf

I'm sure there has to be an attorney around here who will help you sue for reparations.. thumbs

#458583 - 10/08/08 03:29 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: nookie dreamin']
Brewer Offline

i personaly remember quite fondly getting a old style metal coat hanger across the head. left a welt from my forehead through my hair to the top part of my neck. my mom was a sweetheart mother. this was frequent treatment. quite standard for the time.

#458584 - 10/08/08 03:38 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Brewer]
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
"my mom was a sweetheart mother" I hope you didn't find a sweetheart wife just like her.

#458612 - 10/08/08 04:43 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: stever in everett]
Brewer Offline

no the pants is a great mother, textbook awesome mother!

#458687 - 10/09/08 12:19 AM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Brewer]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Thank god I wasn't the family bed wetter, he got the vacuum cleaner cord...worst screams I ever listened to....no officer, the neighbor must have over heard the TV set...... whistle

Mf

#458715 - 10/09/08 03:13 AM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Magicfly]
Brewer Offline

one time my dear mother hauled my younger brother and i into her bedroom. she got out the phone book and called the welfare office.... she wanted them to come pickup her two boys because she didn't want us anymore. this was tramatic because neither my brother or i was even in school yet. my mom had a special way of making us feeled loved.

true story.

now my mom could teach parents these days some serious lessons.

#459203 - 10/10/08 10:11 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: Brewer]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Yep, True story.... smile

Love you mom...RIP....Love Aaron

Mf

#459215 - 10/10/08 10:42 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: ]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
Hmmm anyone see an inverse pattern emerging here with regards to upbringing? This would explain KK & Toddbama... raised by lib parents, spare the rod and spoil the child school of thought. Look what it has wrought. Supreme arrogance and steadfast belief in their opinions being the only possible correct ones. And everyone but themselves must be dismissed as stupid or insane.

Edited by nookie dreamin' (10/10/08 10:43 PM)

#459218 - 10/10/08 10:50 PM Re: Obituary from the London Times [Re: ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

After the beating's subsided....mother held a steak knife to my throat with Brewer present....(if memory serves me correct, listening to Red Barchetta playing, down stairs)

Looking mother eye to eye, begging her to stick me...she returned the steak knife back to the drawer...

Mf

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |