Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#470702 - 11/29/08 10:22 AM B.S.U does it again
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
12-0 and the WAC champs again. No BCS bowl for these guys as Utah will get that spot. Kind of a shame, thats a real good team they have this year. High point being that its a real young team with several freshmen starting. The QB Kellen Moore from Prosser Washington is the real deal, and his little bro coming on board next season at wide reciever look out. Outstanding defence this year with several NFL draft picks ( this guy Ellis Powers at safety is lights out ) on that side of the ball. Johnson broke Marshall Faulks T.D record for the WAC during a 61-10 stomping of Fresno St last night.

Its sounding like TCU for their bowl game, but who knows. I think they should play Utah next week so they can sort it all out. Boise needs to get into the PAC 10.. They could compete no doubt.

Anyway, its not all dismal in the north west. The little team that could is rolling.

#470704 - 11/29/08 11:06 AM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
BCU is a great team to watch. Would love to see them play some tougher teams though and give themselves a chance at the National Championship...

Keith thumbs

#470705 - 11/29/08 11:59 AM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
Originally Posted By: B-RUN STEELY
12-0 and the WAC champs again. No BCS bowl for these guys as Utah will get that spot. Kind of a shame, thats a real good team they have this year. High point being that its a real young team with several freshmen starting. The QB Kellen Moore from Prosser Washington is the real deal, and his little bro coming on board next season at wide reciever look out. Outstanding defence this year with several NFL draft picks ( this guy Ellis Powers at safety is lights out ) on that side of the ball. Johnson broke Marshall Faulks T.D record for the WAC during a 61-10 stomping of Fresno St last night.

Its sounding like TCU for their bowl game, but who knows. I think they should play Utah next week so they can sort it all out. Boise needs to get into the PAC 10.. They could compete no doubt.

Anyway, its not all dismal in the north west. The little team that could is rolling.

BSU is a great team, just wait till QB Kellen Moore is joined by is younger brother, Kerby...who is one of the top high school WR's in the nation.

Edited by Rapid Robert (11/29/08 11:59 AM)

#470707 - 11/29/08 12:04 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: Rapid Robert]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
good thing they're not in the pac-10, the huskies might go all season w/o a win.

#470712 - 11/29/08 12:44 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: chasbo]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Don't get me wrong, B.S.'s a solid WAC team, but if they were in the PAC 10....they'd be just another average team.

Speaking of the Moore brother's, I was fortunate to watch Kellen sling the ball to little bro Kirby, and Cody Bruns (now with U.W.). Today at 3:00 I'll be in Moses Lake with some friends watching last years state finals rematch between the Mustangs and B.E.

WIAA 2A tournament Bracket:
http://www.wiaa.com/brackets/Football16.aspx?c=2A&s=Football&y=2008

Bob, I was at Selah's game against Prosser, a couple of weeks ago....ouch! Better luck next year.

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#470716 - 11/29/08 02:38 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: Magicfly]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Right.

BSU is all-world.........yet somehow got beat by that team from Seattle last year who couldn't beat anyone.

Come on over to the Pac-10, and get used to SC kicking your asses every year.

BSU is a 9-3 team in the Pac-10..........which is waaaaay better than 0-12, but it's still not going to get you into a BCS Bowl.

BSU is just the toughest kid on a pretty small block.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#470727 - 11/29/08 05:17 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: ]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
BSU is a awesome WAC team every year.

But like Dan said, they would have been 9 and 3 in the Pac 10.

Nothing against the smurfs, they are an incredible team every year. But lets invite them and Utah and start the Pac 12.

Things would be different.

Rusty Bell

#470758 - 11/29/08 09:32 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: sykofish]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

9-3 in the PAC 10 is a pretty damn good team. At any rate, in the scope of things its a tiny school with a good f-ball program. My GREATEST REGRETE is that they didn't kick the crap out of UW when they had every chance in the world to do so last year wink

Its never a gimmi... BSU pounded the beavers then the Beavers beat S.C in the same season. Thats why they play the games.

B.S.U whooped the Ducks and the Ducks beat the Bevs who were slated for the Rose Bowl,,, send B.S.U to the Rose bowl ???

Would like to see U.W and Cougs get back on track. Its boring when they suck.. they didn't always suck.

#470766 - 11/29/08 10:22 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: Dan S.]
Pugnacious Offline
Spawner

Loc: It's funny to me!
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Right.

BSU is all-world.........yet somehow got beat by that team from Seattle last year who couldn't beat anyone.

Come on over to the Pac-10, and get used to SC kicking your asses every year.

BSU is a 9-3 team in the Pac-10..........which is waaaaay better than 0-12, but it's still not going to get you into a BCS Bowl.

BSU is just the toughest kid on a pretty small block.

Come on now. We are talking about a team that has in the recent past put down some big teams. Even as a Boise State fan born and raised, I will admit that they are in a crappy conference. But given the oppurtunity, I would bet that they would put a pretty damn good fight on in the PAC-10. With PAC-10 play comes more national exposure and even more top prospects. Give them a couple years in the PAC 10 and they would sitting high on the podium for sure. Just like what happened when they moved through conferences in the nineties to get in the WAC. Unconventionalism and unpredictability is what they have going for them.

Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

Boise State- National title, here we come!

#470776 - 11/29/08 11:43 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: Pugnacious]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

They'd be mid-to-upper Pac-10.

But that means a Sun Bowl or Holiday Bowl appearance most years......and that's about where you should land at 9-3.

IMO they should be happy with a BCS appearance every few years as an at-large team. That's more than they'd get as the Pac-10 #3, and that's about where they'd be in the Pac-10.

BSU does a tremendous job in game prep and execution. Obviously.....they're 12-0 and that's a hell of an accomplishement in any conference. I'd love to see them in the new Pac-12.........but that f'n blue turf has got to go.

#470788 - 11/30/08 12:56 AM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: Dan S.]
JoJo Offline
Returning Adult

A pac 10 Boise State team would be a whole lot better than the great WAC team they are today. Chris Peterson and his succesor have proven to be great coaches and compete at a very high level without the ability to recruit 4 and 5 star recruits. Playing in the PAC 10 and the availability of nationaly televised games would greatly help there ability to recruit some of that higher rated talent and with there recent success most likely could out recruit both UW and WSU in the state of Washington. The 2 Moore kids from Prosser are perfect examples. Kirby turned down 4 Pac 10 schools. Give Boise State a few years of playing and recruiting at the Pac 10 level and they would compete for the top 2 or 3 spots in the conference.

As a Husky Fan I hope it doesn't happen. Thats all we need is another Pac 10 school in the NW to kick are a$$.

#470794 - 11/30/08 09:15 AM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: JoJo]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

This is funny. Had a guy that spends a bunch of time in Japan for work tell me that a Boise State ball cap is freaking huge over there. Sees them everywhere and its the " in " thing for teenagers to be sportin.

#470875 - 11/30/08 08:47 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Maybe the shellacking Fresno State took from Boise State the other night was just enough motivation for Pat Hill to head north to Seattle.... doh doh

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2008450933_uwfb30.html

Nice. rofl

Also looks like Charles Weis, maybe looking to head west real soooon, as well.... wink

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#470963 - 12/01/08 03:47 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: Magicfly]
Pugnacious Offline
Spawner

Loc: It's funny to me!
Never underestimate the power of the Smurf Turf.

That is one of those defining characteristics of the school. No way is it going anywhere. I will admit. The blue uniforms they have been wearing of late and the turf together is a bit much. They need to get back to the white and orange of old. BSU in the Pac 10 spells disaster for Washington recruiting. Are you kidding me? With more nbationally televised games on things other than the duece they would be getting more help than they need. But, the record and the ranking speak loudly enough.

Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

Boise State- National title, here we come!

#471002 - 12/01/08 06:25 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: Pugnacious]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Pat Hill is a good coach. You could do worse thats for sure.

#471003 - 12/01/08 06:30 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
pat hill would be a great hire for UW

#471009 - 12/01/08 06:44 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: mreyns_tgl]
Dan S. Offline

Not interested in Pat Hill.

However, due to the complete and utter incompetence of our AD, he may be the only one interested in the position.

Thanks Emmert, Turner, and Hedges...............you all suck.

#471052 - 12/01/08 09:56 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: Dan S.]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Pat Hill, the man who has never even won a WAC title outright...the man who just led his team to a 61-10 loss at BSU last week...damn he sounds like the perfect coach to bring the Huskies back to their glory days of .500 football...

GO DAWGS "Pursuit of Perfection 2008"

#471065 - 12/01/08 10:38 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: summerrun]
Dan S. Offline

12-0 is pretty cool.

BSU fans can tell you about that.

UW fans can, too.

ASU fans can't.

What I'm trying to figure out is if having a 12-0 season you can remember in some way makes an 0-12 season suck any less.

So far, I don't think it does.

#471067 - 12/01/08 10:41 PM Re: B.S.U does it again [Re: summerrun]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Pat Hill has a better record than the coach you have now ... or the one that took his pace.. You guys thought Flava Flav was the ANSWER... not

Guy came in a loser and still is squared. and 3 years ago he was touch down Jesus in your minds.

I like U.W Problem is.. kids would much rather play in Boise where they can get a real look at the NFL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |