Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#474209 - 12/19/08 12:54 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: Dogfish]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I'm going to wait until I'm even more bored than I am now Keith.
I've got the possum bomb story.
The possum in the cold dorm.
The possum and the hockey stick.
The possum fetched by my dog and finally the possum and the pick ax.
Damn...that's a lot of possum stories. Sounds better (perhaps) than it actually is though.
ps The possum bomb story would be way better if the bomb worked.

#474246 - 12/19/08 03:55 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: seastrike]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Too funny.......

I can't tell you how many times I've nearly wrecked my truck and boat making the attempt at a opossum crossing the road.

You lucked out, you did find a keeper. The last one I managed to pancake my lady hit me. She's a little better about it now though. I'm always bringing home dead fish, deer, elk, ducks, geese, doves, etc.........

Keith doh

#474289 - 12/19/08 05:48 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: stlhdr1]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I was talking about the pistols.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#474441 - 12/20/08 02:47 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: Dogfish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Andy,

You read like a firearms dealer. Seems like you go through guns faster than Todd goes through pink worms. You must have a dirt berm at your target range that's more lead than dirt.

Sg

#474501 - 12/20/08 09:14 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: Salmo g.]
sodfarmer Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: sleeping in my duck blind
as soon as Seastrike tells his possum stories ,I will
Possum / seal bomb
Possum in my engine compartment
and the possum hunt under my house
Maybe after the turkey hunt we can go after possums with with a hockey stick

#474523 - 12/20/08 10:35 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: sodfarmer]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I've only ever sold three guns that I bought myself, and I had my own FFL back in the day, so yes, I was a firearms dealer..

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#474807 - 12/22/08 02:18 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: Dogfish]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

I feel a need to hear Sodfarmer's stories so I'll get the ball rolling.
We had a pussum terrorizing the frat house. You'd come home all liquored up and walk into the cold dorm to sack out and there would be a possum all pissed off on his hind legs.
I sensationalized the beast at breakfast one morning...."you should see that bastard! He's huge! He's got long yellow teeth. We need to do something about that killer!"
So the possum became the recurring joke. That biatch that lived in the sorority next door? Yeah she turned into the possum at night.
Lost your (whatever). Yeah the possum stole it.
So after a failed possum bomb attemp (my bomb sucked) and apparently possums don't like peanut butter covered pvc one day I hear yelling....
Dave dave dave I killed your possum. Ok whats going on here. My buddy Steve comes running in and says dude I killed your possum! Right on dude says I. How'd you do it? Hockey stick.
No chit a hockey stick? Come on out and see dude.
So he tells the whole story. He's getting it on with his girl and this possum came in the door (his room had the fire escape and Indiana was hot in September so the door was open). So he's on the possum must die wagon and gets up and grabs a hockey stick (not lying) and chases this beast down three flights of fire escape stairs. He finally catches up with it behind the house and gives it a few whacks. It plays possum. Steve being a city slicker like myself thinks he has the job finished.
He drags me out there to show me the beast and it's gone. Who took it says Steve.....
Yeah it was playing possum and just wondered off with a few bruises I suppose.
After Sodfarmer's story I'll let you know the end of the story.
I want to hear about the seal bomb.

#474874 - 12/22/08 08:47 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: seastrike]
sodfarmer Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: sleeping in my duck blind
This happen a few years ago .The shop I was working in was a old milking barn from the 50's so in the middle was a small catch basin with a 6 inch tile leading outside to a manure holding area . In the back of the shop was our race car area in the front I worked on my farm stuff. One night we were getting the car ready for our next race and one of the guys had to go out back he comes running back in yelling that something had gone up the drain line , So I grabbed a flashlight and checked it out .This huge Possum had made a home in that pipe . I went back in the shop and in the bottom of my tool box I had a box of seal bombs ,So I pulled that grate off the catch basin lit the fuse and tossed it in ! Well as we all know at least we should know ( my excuse was Baileys and coffee ) flamible gas tends to gather in low places well the combo of racing fuel fumes and paint fumes in that tile when the seal bomb went off, the fire that came out looked like a jet engine with full booster, Lucky I did not burn that shop down ! As for the possum he lived for a few days the 22 finally did him in

#474890 - 12/22/08 09:58 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: sodfarmer]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

After all the run ins with the possum I was kind of surprised with how he met his maker.
A dude named Bret Bennet (roommate of mine) starts doing the possum yell...ie Dave dave dave I killed the possum. This is at like 3 am.
Now I think I'm not falling for this again. I slowly get up and get myself a beer and hit the fish whistle.
Ok dude show me the possum.
I fully expect another "not sure what happened to it deal".
Not this time.
Possum showed up on a window ledge where we had the tv. So Bret's watching tv and looks over at the window and there he is. (I'm sure in some kind a taunting way).
F'ing Bret grabs a pick ax out of the closet and does the possum in. He is then so proud he's yelling for the whole neighborhood to hear that he's killed the possum.....very anticlimatic for me.
I liked hunting that sucker. When the killing happened it wasn't as much fun.

#474893 - 12/22/08 10:13 PM Re: Excellent hunting show [Re: seastrike]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

So my last dog was named Cosmo. She was a tough dog. She did things like fight geese and coyotes. I got her from the pound when she was around 2. I'd rather have a mellow dog but Cosmo did her own gig.
So one night I let old Cosmo out to do her business. I see her in the backyard with her head going up and down. Silent. I' m curious.
I call her in.
Of course there is a possum in her mouth.
I yell drop it! For once she listened.
I make enough racket that the wife came in to check out what was going on. Possum sat there at the back door for about ten minutes. It opens one eye and looks around. It opens the other eye and looks around. It then gets up and cruises. Those possums are sneaky bastages.

Second guided trip option:
So I've got this big chevy truck. My idea is cruise the back roads until we find a possum.
After that it's $20/five minutes....I don't care what you do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |