Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#457984 - 10/06/08 09:54 AM Issaquah or puyallup elk
Big T Offline
Smolt

Loc: Snohomish
not looking for any hotspots , just looking for a little direstion for some meat. My spots are all developed now and lost my hunting habitat!

#458115 - 10/06/08 10:29 PM Re: Issaquah or puyallup elk [Re: Big T]
eggman Offline
Alevin

Loc: Wash, Pierce, SouthPraire
The last spot I had in the Issaquah area that wasn't full of new Houses had the Hunting Rights bought and they posted it . The good thought I had was that I hunted it for 35 Years, at the price they paid I Had $175,000 worth of Hunting for the price of the sweat walking in ( Ravensdale Hill ). Found A spot out of Southpraire when I moved here, We got some nice Bulls, It was posted last year and new Houses and Foundations are in now (sand hill ). Their are still Elk to be had if you don't mind Shooting them in Back Yards, Some of the Biggest Bulls in the last few years have been shot by people pouring the morning coffee and shooting them out of the kitchen window, 370 to 400 class, Monsters in my book. Lots of Elk around Buckley I see nice Bulls all the time and pick horns up every spring, But once again you need to get permission to trespass. Elk Hunting has become a thing of the past in this area, I think I'm going to head South or way over North East, the problem is you cant scout , and it takes years to learn an area just hunting it a week at a time. Well so much for Ranting, Macdonald Point in the Issaquah Area has a few Elk still on it. If you Bow or Black Powder hunt just for laughs check the Still-water Site I saw Elk when Pheasant hunting a few years ago, I here some were seen up Raging River on highway 18. South of the Scatter Creek Truck Road up 410 from Enumclaw is an Area you can hunt and not have to worry about tresspassing or shooting into someones house, walk in is allowed but if you want to Drive you have to buy a Hancock Pass. Good Luck.

#459544 - 10/13/08 10:06 AM Re: Issaquah or puyallup elk [Re: Big T]
Big T Offline
Smolt

Loc: Snohomish
ttt

#475206 - 12/24/08 01:21 PM Re: Issaquah or puyallup elk [Re: Big T]
Old Wanderer Offline
Egg

I just found this board....I moved to Bonney Lake in April...Had no idea elk were so close. I ride a lot of off road motorcycle in the summer time. Looks like I should park, and take a hike around some of these areas...I plan doing a black powder hunt for elk somewhere this fall...so lots of time to plan..

Also I never see anyone post about grouse hunting? Nothing I love to do better than take a stroll on a gravel path in the early morning with my dog and 28Ga SS and put a few ruffled grouse in the pot.

#475270 - 12/24/08 06:02 PM Re: Issaquah or puyallup elk [Re: Old Wanderer]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
Welcome to the board Trade your motorbike for a mountain bike and you will have better luck. I dont know the Bonney lake area very well but there are lots of ruffed grouse around and even some blues if you get high enough

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, 1 invisible), 1213 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645399 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |