Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47631 - 12/19/06 11:50 AM Nason creek help
Quickcut Offline
Smolt

Loc: Bremerton
I'm just looking for any reports/ stories on nason creek. Our family has a cabin on the creek half way between Stevens pass and leavenworth. I'm planning on going up there next week. What can you tell me about this water? Any advice? I have only fished rivers a few times and that was a few years ago.
Thanks guys

#47632 - 12/19/06 11:54 AM Re: Nason creek help
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Never fished it. I used to bowhunt the area. MONSTER MULEY'S if you hit the migration right. Look at the record books and see how many state records say Nason Creek.

#47633 - 12/19/06 12:02 PM Re: Nason creek help
Quickcut Offline
Smolt

Huh, never knew. I'll keep my eye out. That must explain the nice rack in the cabin! Thanks

#47634 - 12/19/06 12:05 PM Re: Nason creek help
Anonymous
Unregistered

SOL:

Nason creek has given up some MONSTERS in the years past. Tough area to hunt (I'm a trad bowhunter) but it can be done. Enjoyed it much more when I was younger. Now, I stick to the easier skidder trails and still hunt.

Mike

#47635 - 12/19/06 12:21 PM Re: Nason creek help
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
Nason Creek is closed right now. Half of Nason Creek is closed entirely,the other half is open June 1st to Oct 31st.

#47636 - 12/19/06 12:31 PM Re: Nason creek help
Quickcut Offline
Smolt

Thanks Sunday$, I figured that might be the case. Have you fished it though?

#47637 - 12/19/06 12:41 PM Re: Nason creek help
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
My Grandpa lives near the creek and I've fished it a couple times. Its tough because when it opens its usually high from the snow melt and then later on in the Summer its low,because its so hot over there.

I talked to a Ranger at the campground a few Summers ago and he said the WDFW hadn't stocked it in years.

The few fish I've caught out of the creek have been small (5-6")

Doesn't really paint a pretty picture does it.

#47638 - 12/19/06 12:51 PM Re: Nason creek help
Quickcut Offline
Smolt

That is too bad, it is right at the back deck at the cabin , and it would be so nice to be able to fish. Oh well. Thanks for the info though. even thought it is closed can you c&r for the trout?

#47639 - 12/19/06 12:56 PM Re: Nason creek help
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Closed means NO FISHING.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#47640 - 12/19/06 03:37 PM Re: Nason creek help
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Same report as sundaymoney. The fish I've caught have been 6" at most.

#47641 - 12/19/06 07:30 PM Re: Nason creek help
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Ditto those reports. Used to fish it as a kid with a 7-1/2 foot 4 wt flyrod and try to have fun with those trout. Pretty stream.

#47642 - 12/19/06 07:54 PM Re: Nason creek help
bank walker Offline
Spawner

My Great grandfather and my dad fished it back in the day when it was open and did well. It was stocked regularly with 7-12" rainbows. There used to be a kids only pond on HW2 below the rest area. I have some good memories of that place. Freind of mine lost a steelhead on it in July or August 10+ years ago too...
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#47643 - 12/19/06 08:52 PM Re: Nason creek help
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Fishing aside, I'm constantly amazed at the stamina andromous fish have to make it back to that creek. Get out a map sometime and track the route. Also consider the b*tch it is for them to make it through the whitewater of Tumwater canyon on the Wenatchee....truely awesome!

Too bad the fish aren't fairing that well but thank heavens they are protected from fishing. To me, it would just be a privilege to view them in the creek all that way from the ocean. Sounds like you have a cool place....take care of it!

#47644 - 12/19/06 10:01 PM Re: Nason creek help
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
I use to fish it all the time back in the day, especially when I was a kid and they stocked it. Caughts tons of trout as it was like fishing in a fish hatchery sometimes as they put so many fish in it. This is probably what ruins some of the runs of fish in there. I have seen salmon in there in August. I also probably caught some smolts there when I was a kid during all my trout adventures over there. The best hole was right off of Hwy 2. When you're coming down the pass, right before the rest stop the creek crosses under the highway and then goes under an old bridge just past the highway. You used to be able to pull off and park at that bridge. Now they have that road blocked off. You would have to park at the rest area and walk up. Anyways, there was a long deep hole right on the downstream side of the bricge and it was awesome. Not sure if you can fish there anymore when the season is open, but if so, that would be a good spot. Lots of great memories there with my dad and brother.

#47645 - 12/20/06 01:20 PM Re: Nason creek help
Quickcut Offline
Smolt

Sounds good, looks like I'll have to try it out when it is open, maybe try to learn to fly fish for the little buggers. It is amazing the salmon can get that far from the ocean thru that water. Looks like I'll have to teach my boy about conservation and why we can not fish certain places. Thanks Guys

#47646 - 12/23/06 06:02 PM Re: Nason creek help
Paul12 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: The water
We have property on the creek and about a week before the season closes we head up and catch whitefish. They show up in fair numbers. Used to have lots of trout that we escaping from the Juvenile ponds but not anymore. We see a few salmon come through at peak run periods but only maybe a handful total for the whole year.

#47647 - 12/23/06 07:37 PM Re: Nason creek help
fisher w/o a boat Offline
Alevin

Loc: Lk Goodwin
Addicted, I know the exact spot you described... fished there many times when I was young and foolish. Now I'm OLD and foolish. Well, maybe just old.... laugh

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |