LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
Excellent.

#517015 - 06/28/09 09:03 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: LoweDown]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Sounds good so far, Francis...let's see a genuine toad on that bugrod.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#517024 - 06/28/09 10:28 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: Todd]
gilly Offline
Hazmat

Loc: on the river
Doc, Did Ed eat his oatmeal today? Tell them hi for me, and make sure you get Rick to take you trout fishing. Rick Sissler knows the ins and outs of the K tok critters, have him take you for a day in Jurassic Park. Let him know that I sent you, it will all be good smile Make sure you tip the camp hands big bucks smile Most of all the Turd Rustler, it is a long way to the dump and will leave a lasting impression on the hardest of individuals.

Matt

Edited by gilly (06/28/09 10:41 PM)

#517053 - 06/29/09 01:40 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: gilly]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Day 2.... three for three on kings. 23# girl went back to make babies, and two high teens bucks hit the box. Got reprimanded for filleting my own kings ala eyeFISH .... apparently no chunks allowed.

One for one on a dinker pink.... can you imagine a river pink in June? Blimey!

Opher one on another platinum chum that came unbuttoned as I was sliding him up the gravel.

BTW loaned out my eyeFISH 2009 Copper Kwik to one of the guides last night. Went 5 for 6 in a couple hours with that swimmer! And naked at that! (No bait allowed).

Gonna have to borrow a lighter faster camp rod tomorrow because the casting shoulder is on its way out. Pass the Advil, please!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#517100 - 06/29/09 12:15 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! - with VIDEO! [Re: eyeFISH]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: fishNphysician
After a 6-7 minute battle, it came unpinned as I repositioned the rod from LOW and LEFT to LOW and RIGHT.

Just got some video from Doc's trip!

Doc Fight's a Kanektok King!

#517329 - 06/30/09 10:41 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! - with VIDEO! [Re: The Moderator]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Yeah, all them Ornamentals look alike, ya know.

Sorry about the late post, but got distracted by the good lookin' gals at the riverside bonfire with all the camp hands. Managed to get liquored up pretty good without getting hungover.

No kings for the good Doc yesterday, but caught platinum chums til my elbow ached. Partner and I put 10 in the box for the camp smoker. Caught one bruiser sockeye.

Forecast today is hot and sunny... in other word half-nekkid by hi-noon. If the nasty kings retreat from the light into the deep slot across the fly bar, I revert to the dark side armed with WMD's.

Tammy Fae and BabyGotBack haven't had their inaugural swim for the season. I'm countin' on those sickle siwash to deliver.... else Ripley gets an earful when I get back.

Later!

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#517373 - 06/30/09 01:57 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! - with VIDEO! [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: stam

Sounds like my kinda trip Doc....minus the fairy wands, expecting hi-rez details upon your return. (campfire chicks.. not fish)

+1

Francis, you've got some work to do still to get over that opherthree day you posted with me this April...get those sickle siwash hooks back in the sun!

Good luck, have a great time.

Fish on...

Todd

#517544 - 07/01/09 02:20 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! - with VIDEO! [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

No kings for the good Doc yesterday, but caught platinum chums til my elbow ached.

13 for 14 on C-H-R-O-M-E piggies today. Caught kings every which way my guide Blake McHenry and I tried.... swinging flies on the double hander thru moving tide fish, twitching weighted flies under an indicator thru frogwater (think like gear guys twitching jigs), stripping leeches thru holding fish in a deep run, and of course.... backtrolling Kwiks and Mag Warts thru the tidewater travel lanes. The Ripley sickles went 5 for 6 today.... would've remained 100% if I didn't totally lose contact with a HOT HOT HOT platinum torpedo three separate times during the battle. Finally threw the hook when he came up for a somersault! As Parker would say, that fish ripped me a new one!

Another dozen or so chums on the single and double hander.

One nice rainbow on the double-handed swung fly.

A double on hooligan backtrolling Tammy Fae.

Shoulder got a nice break while reverting to the Dark Side.

More of the same tomorrow with same guide... but this time Sage Prostaffer George Cook is comin' along for the ride.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#517545 - 07/01/09 02:23 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! - with VIDEO! [Re: eyeFISH]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Making us jealous Doc. Keep up the good work and we want those campfire pics when you get back.

#517548 - 07/01/09 03:49 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! - with VIDEO! [Re: seastrike]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Funny to hear about you actually landing the fish yourself Doc. You usually spend your time getting fish for everyone else. Don't forget to relax and just enjoy the crap out of it. Nice to see in the vid that you finally shaved.
Good job Parker. I hope while you had Doc's computer you loaded up his Grays Harbor schedule with our names.

#517552 - 07/01/09 10:12 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: Salmo g.]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Thats why you are not anserwing your phone, you have been gone !!!
fu.cker, I want to go

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#517564 - 07/01/09 12:17 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: superfly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Sounds great, man...wish I was there with ya, too!

Fish on...

Todd

#517716 - 07/01/09 11:38 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: Todd]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Fishing with Speymaster Cook was a blast today, but gotta admit that FOD (fish of the day in AK West vernacular) came to BabyGotBack 2 equipped with the 5/0 sickle. OMFG! that hook was 100%.... 3 for three on a brand new swimmer!

BTW the other hot plug (eyeFISH 2009 ifish.net Kwik) has been re-named named Dirty Copper (as in the famous movie line "You dirty copper!") has gone an astounding 11 for 12 on a SINGLE 3/0 sickle. Music to thine ears Ripley-san?

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#517731 - 07/02/09 02:07 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: eyeFISH]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
damn i missed the '09 cryfish buyin. got any spares doc? smile

#517738 - 07/02/09 02:45 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: LoweDown]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Gotcha covered.

For a price of course. wink

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#517744 - 07/02/09 04:01 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: eyeFISH]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

... astounding 11 for 12 on a SINGLE 3/0 sickle. Music to thine ears Ripley-san?

I already know it...and so do you...but it might be music to the ears of a few others smile

Sounds like a good day!

Fish on...

Todd

#517895 - 07/02/09 10:28 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: Todd]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Last day of fishing for fNp was less than stellar ..... did manage to get a nice tan, though.

Handful of chums and a snagged sockeye.... no kings.

Will have to wait for the Kenai this weekend to get my final fix. Time to put them sickles back to work.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#517898 - 07/02/09 11:31 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: eyeFISH]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

When can we expect the inevitable great photo essay Francis?

Sounds like a week well spent. Gotta second the need for some pics of campfire life too. Throw in a few fish photos if you want also.
laugh

#518082 - 07/04/09 01:20 PM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: Eric]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Photo essay starts after I get a chance to get caught up at the office next week.

Friday was recovery day for me. Flew back to ANC to unload fish on my bro and his family. Gotta admit the smoked chum AK West put up for me was pretty damned good. Treated the whole crew to Japanese/sushi dinner. Then it was off to the local park to burn off some energy for the little ones. My little nephew is gonna be a salmon slaying machine next summer.

Picnic lunch with the fam for the 4th today, then it's off to the Kenai to catch up with Yukon and crew. Yeah baby, time to put BabyGotBack and Tammy Fae back to work on yukon's play boat Sunday morn.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#518228 - 07/06/09 05:55 AM Re: KANEKTOK.... here I come! [Re: ]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Just made it home an hour ago. Running on fumes.

6 for 13 on the Kenai today (or is that officially y'day?). Big fish was a 55# tide-fesh 50 x 28.5 platinum buck.

Back to the Kanektok....

Beautiful 20# platinum hen kicked my a$$ way worse than my birthday fish in the bay last fall! But come to hand she did. Would upload a pic, but I was advised against doing so as it might bring the whole camp computer system down.... so y'all will have to wait.

Just a couple of appetizers from the Kanektok. My very first Spey king!

Attachments
06-27-09 First Kanektok Spey king headshot 700.jpg

06-27-09 First Kanektok Spey king 750.jpg

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1070 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |