THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#481555 - 01/22/09 12:40 PM Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR )
Bob Gray Offline
Egg

Loc: Bellingham
Hi everyone

This was sent to me by a friend. I had no idea this was in the works, even here in Washington. HOUSE BILL 3359

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

It has already started...

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded...

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so=20 every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Edited by Bob Gray (01/22/09 01:31 PM)

#481558 - 01/22/09 12:50 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: Bob Gray]
BrianL Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell, WA
Gee . . Obama moves fast. He's only been in office 1 day and already has this on the ballot in 18 states. wink

#481561 - 01/22/09 12:55 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: BrianL]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
wingnuttery strikes again

LOL

#481567 - 01/22/09 01:03 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Talked to a local state rep on Tuesday about this. THe bill is dead in Olympia and will not gain traction. The ass clowns who are promoting this legislation are a company based in Tacoma who manufacture the technology. Same exact bill in every state.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#481669 - 01/22/09 08:45 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: ]
thaxor Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: ChuckS
and to think I was just about to buy a bunch of guns before Obama takes them all away

Best investment advice I've heard all day laugh

#481673 - 01/22/09 09:11 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: thaxor]
winterchrome Offline
Smolt

Loc: Oly
That bill is from last year (biennium)...wouldn't be surprised to see it again though.

You can follow bills introduced that impact firearms here

#481688 - 01/22/09 10:15 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: winterchrome]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Its not Obama A.S.S.lick Its our state leg.

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#481765 - 01/23/09 06:55 AM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: superfly]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
The NRA sent me a letter last year ( because I had been a member 20 or more years ago ) That said the United Nations was holding a conference ( on a ship in New York Harbor .. within miles of the sight of 9/11.. where they were going to vote that hand gun sales be banned in the United States of America.. forever,, and that I was not even going to be able to voice MY opinion... UNLESS.. I sent the NRA money fast so they could foil this evil plan )

I have been getting told somebody was going to take my guns away since I got my first one at age 10 and 38 years later I still have it.

#481772 - 01/23/09 09:32 AM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
I would like someone to explain to me a couple of things:

1. How does this contravene the 2nd Amendment?
2. What is the problem with this regulation?

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#481788 - 01/23/09 11:32 AM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Aunty, I know we have a fundamental disagreement on virtually all things gun related - but the questions are still relavant.

Both of my questions can be boiled down to one: How does this regulation take the ability to buy ammunition (therefore defacto restricting the use of firearms) away from people?

#481792 - 01/23/09 11:54 AM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: eddie]
BEANCOUNTER Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bothell
eddie:

How does "coding" individual pieces of ammunition deprive you of the ability to purchase ammunition? It doesn't directly, Joe's and Cabela's will still carry ammunition...the issue will be the price of ammunition. The cost of coding individual pieces of ammo is astronomic (sorry, I can't provide a per unit cost), that cost will be passed along to you, the consumer. It is simple cost accounting actually. By increasing the cost of ammunition (which the left has been trying to do with ammo taxes for years) will limit a certain segment of the population's ability to purchase ammunition.

#481794 - 01/23/09 12:05 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: BEANCOUNTER]
eddie Offline
Carcass

If that is the case, then where do we draw the line? Should guns and ammo be granted at no charge to anyone who wants? Should the Govt. subsidize the price of guns and ammo to make them more affordable? Just because I have the right to do something does not mean that I am not expected to pay money to exercise that right IMHO.

#481798 - 01/23/09 12:16 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: eddie]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
What is amazing is that the same people that think the patriot act disolved all civil lib have no problem with this(and yes I think the patriot act was B.S.). Dont you dare listen in on a phone call from outside the country in from know bad actors but take the ammo in my house and track and register everything I do with my hunting rifles. Use taxes to make my ammo to expensive to buy, limit the amount I can have, track every shell, register what I do so they can keep me safe from myself.
What a bunch of crap.....rant and rave against one B.S. law because it was put up by one party and stand up for the other B.S. law because it comes from the other. Follow the flock sheep but you better watch out for the wolves.

#481799 - 01/23/09 12:23 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: docspud]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Electing a Democrat has been a boon for the gun industry...the amount of ignorant and scared gun owners (inflamed by a smart industry) running around and buying everything that can shoot is probably making the industry leaders laugh their asses off over three martini lunches since November.

eddie, it's a slippery slope...ban 50cal. machines from city libraries and you'll wake up tomorrow with illegal rubber bands, too.

Oh, no! Better run out and stock up on rubber bands!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#481802 - 01/23/09 12:46 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: Todd]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Yes Todd the gun shops have been busy from over reaction about BO. Is he planning to take our guns.....no I do not think so. I think he respects the second ammend and until he does something that proves otherwise he has my support on the issue.
Do I think that Reid and pellosi have any respect for gun owner ship.......no I dont. They could care less about the 2nd amend and you know it. This is a slippery slope and you are smart enough to know that. Start registering this, taxing that, taking this coarse, filling out that form and making things all around more difficult and over time is becomes not worth it anymore. It turns off the new generation of people who like to hunt. Make people jump through enough hoops that the benefit no longer is worth the cost and they give up. You truely are one of the sheep if you think this legis is OK and feel the need to call others "ignorant and scared" because they dont.

#481806 - 01/23/09 01:04 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I can't support this legislation, or those poli's that support it.

It's a clear intrusion by the government where they don't belong, and as you might already know I consider out own government as much a threat as any terrorist. I think the Patriot Act is an outrageous granting of power to the government that they shouldn't have, and I think this proposed legislation is another intrusion.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#481810 - 01/23/09 01:24 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Aunty, if one of the issues is the increased cost of ammo, then the question is fair, should the Govt. subsidize? Should they make it free? What is the magic number that takes away the concern over increased cost? If the govt. subsidized this program and make it cost neutral for the consumer, would that be OK?

Most of our Constitutionally protected rights (with the exception of the 2nd) have no direct cost to the citizenry. The 2nd is unique in this aspect. So, if part of the concern is over cost (and it appears to be so judging by comments) then these questions are entirely appropriate and deserve to be answered.

#481813 - 01/23/09 02:04 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: eddie]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Eddie,
Tell me you kidding with that logic. Almost all the protected rights could be argued to have a direct cost to the citizenry. it depends on which side you fall.
Lets take the 18th on prohibition for one.
How about the 21st repealing prohibition. A hell of a lot more deaths due to alcohol than firearms in the US.
Now lets go for income Tax for a literal one with the 16th. That costs the citizenry directly.
23rd with electorial college......we all see that has no cost.
25th with voting age costs our youth their voice.
every amend has a cost and benefit depending on your side. Cost of ammo is only the beginning of the problem with this law.

#481825 - 01/23/09 03:32 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: BEANCOUNTER]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: BEANCOUNTER
eddie:
By increasing the cost of ammunition (which the left has been trying to do with ammo taxes for years) will limit a certain segment of the population's ability to purchase ammunition.

That way, when the starving, bankrupted, homeless masses storm dick Cheney's compound to lynch him, he'll be able to afford to 'protect' himself. rofl rofl rofl

Think of this another way people - Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nicols were traced down because they bought fertilizer. If the government was tracking that back in the '90s, ammunition is a no brainer. We like to belittle the government, but they are way ahead of us all when it comes to internal security. And anyone that screams 9/11 as a response should remember that safeguards were in place to prevent those men from getting on those planes, but no one acted to stop them.

Personally, I probably can't afford ammo anyway right now wink

Edited by Mikespike (01/23/09 04:20 PM)

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#481830 - 01/23/09 03:52 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Illegal wire tapping....ok
Authority to search my home without a warrant or even notifying me that it happened...what have I got to hide?
National database...well it's probably for the best
Searches in ferry lines...whatever keeps us safe
border patrol road block/checkpoints....might get a terrorist
indefinite imprisonment of US and non-US citizens without charges or trial....if they say they are bad they must be
Torture...as long as it's not me

gun law....WHAT? WHAT? ARE YOU F'ing CRAZY? THIS IS AMERICA!!! WE HAVE RIGHTS!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 985 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |