THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#481831 - 01/23/09 04:01 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
When I was talking about direct costs, I meant direct costs - $'s coming out of our wallets. And I should have been more clear, I meant that the 2nd is the only one of the Bill of Rights - the first 10 amendments, that has a direct cost to us in order to exercise the right.

I understand the privacy arguement and I tend to agree with it in principle. And Aunty, even though I am absolutely not in favor of the 2nd Amendment, that does not mean I want to overturn it. I believe that a repeal of the 2nd Amendment or a significant curtailing of the rights inherent, are a political non-starter. But, the courts have ruled that there can exist "reasonable restrictions". We can't own machine guns, or nuclear devices. Clearly, I am not a gun owner, but the only arguement that I have heard in this thread that portrays this as an unreasonable restriction is the cost issue. If ammunition is used in the commission of a crime, I would like to make it easier for the police to trace that ammo and potentially lead to the perp.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#481836 - 01/23/09 04:16 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: stlhead]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: stlhead
Illegal wire tapping....ok
Authority to search my home without a warrant or even notifying me that it happened...what have I got to hide?
National database...well it's probably for the best
Searches in ferry lines...whatever keeps us safe
border patrol road block/checkpoints....might get a terrorist
indefinite imprisonment of US and non-US citizens without charges or trial....if they say they are bad they must be
Torture...as long as it's not me

gun law....WHAT? WHAT? ARE YOU F'ing CRAZY? THIS IS AMERICA!!! WE HAVE RIGHTS!!!!

+10,000

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. doc, chill the hell out...go back and find where I expressed an opinion on this topic...or let me save you a minute, and tell you that I haven't expressed one on this topic at all...I just expressed my opinion on the fear mongering by the gun/ammo industry, and the willingness to eat the fear hook, line, and sinker by the gun advocates.

I have several guns...not surprisingly, no one has ever taken them.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#481845 - 01/23/09 04:48 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: Dogfish]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
The ass clowns who are promoting this legislation are a company based in Tacoma who manufacture the technology.
That's the funny thing that everyone is missing. Small business owners--smart entrepreneurs, albeit misguided--come up with something that will make them money, then lobby the hell out of some politicos to mandate it. But the knee-jerk reaction is to jump on the Dems for trying to repeal the Second Amendment.

So since it won't legally limit your ability to own weapons or buy ammunition, the question is: why do you hate the small business owner? wink

#481852 - 01/23/09 05:08 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: goharley]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: goharley

So since it won't legally limit your ability to own weapons or buy ammunition, the question is: why do you hate the small business owner? wink

Because they are taking advantage of the small business owner quota, and that's reverse discrimination. I think. wink stir

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#481892 - 01/23/09 08:53 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: Dan S.]
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Wow, people cry like babies that GW was listening in on their 1-900 calls, but tracking how many shells I purchase in a hunting season, thats ok.. I suppose the next step is filling out a form after each shell is fired, so they know how many I have on hand? When legislation like that passes. we are one very small step from being a military state.

Attempting to circumvent our rights through taxation seems contrary to some of the lefts core beliefs. For one, you would be taking guns and ammo out of the hands of the poor first. Followed by the middle class with the last still holding firearms being the rich. Lucky for us, there all sane, law-abiding citizens! We all know that'll put an end to firearm related incidents in the US too.

All we need is more regulations cause the ones we already have dont seem to be doing the trick. Maybe if people start "self-reporting" when they shoot someone, it'll be easier to enforce! Hell, make "self -reporting" a law too!

Edited by elkrun (01/23/09 08:58 PM)

#481909 - 01/23/09 09:57 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: elkrun]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
The problem I have with is is that today I am a legal citizen and if this passes I become a criminal at some time in the future.

Also, criminal will not abide by this law, just like they don't abide by other laws. This law only affects law abiding citizens by further restricting their rights. I would have to choose between giving up literally thousands of dollars worth of ammo, or becoming a criminal.

I shoot some whacky calibers, and I have literally purchased a sufficient amount of bulk components to last me and my boys a lifetime of reloading.

"Just give up the Jews. Nobody will miss them....." is what the Nazi's said as they eroded people's rights away one by one, then it was the mentally retarded, the gypseys, and then anyone else they didn't like.

So I am not going to abide by them when the say "just give up your rounds", because without them my guns are useless.

Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#481919 - 01/23/09 10:58 PM Re: Ammunition Accountability Legislation ( NFR ) [Re: Dogfish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

People ought to be asking what is the point of this legislation, besides making money for the business that has the technology to mark ammo. That is, how many shooting crimes go unsolved that would be solved if only the ammo had an identification mark? I don't read of many shooting crimes that go unsolved in this country. This prospective legislation might be an answer out looking for a problem that is either non-existent or minimally so.

Sg

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1031 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |