THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#497689 - 03/25/09 12:34 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Misguided]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Chalk this up as a MAJOR victory for sports in GH!

A full season in the bay for wild and hatchery coho beginning Sept 16, no chinook retention for conservation concerns.

A full season on the Humptulips for hatchery coho beginning Sept 16, with chinook retention!

A full season on the Chehalis for hatchery and wild coho beginning Sept 16, but no chinook retention for conservation concerns.

Non-treaty gillnets limited to 2-C (Humptulips) for LIMITED early season dates in Sept... 2 days per week for 3 weeks.

AND

No non-treaty gillnets in 2A/2D (Chehalis).

Cement not quite set in stone on the commercial package (in fact the commies gang-banged Brian Blake immediately after the meeting to lobby for some legislative intervention to get ANY Chehalis time, even a measly day or two), but the sport package is pretty much signed sealed and delivered.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#497695 - 03/25/09 01:43 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: eyeFISH]
Ihookum Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Rochester WA
Thank you Firefish, FNP, joe and others not mentioned for your time. You are paying the price with your time and effort for the future of our fisheries. I appreciate the effort but hope my boys will reap the rewards of your work 10 years from now.

#497700 - 03/25/09 02:08 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Ihookum]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
thank you

#497703 - 03/25/09 02:58 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: larryb]
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
A definite big thanks to all involved.....somebody must be listening for once!

steve

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#497705 - 03/25/09 03:30 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: FishNg1]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Maximum time.

Maximum area.

Maximum harvest opportunity.

No herd mentality. Pick your venue. Pick your area. And spread the effort out.

The concurrent openers basin-wide will mean that all of the effort WON'T be concentrated in a limited fishing zone within a narrow window of time. It'll force folks to pick and choose cause they can't be at all places at all times. This accommodates the maximum number of participants to extract the maximum harvestable fish from the basin without excessive pressure on any single venue.

Have a quality experience catching quality fish, folks, secure in the knowledge that conservation was met first and foremost.

BTW I would encourage everyone to write a letter/e-mail of thanks to Interim Director Anderson for his pivotal role in getting this winning package put together after things reached an impasse last Thursday!

hello -- hello -- hello -- hello -- hello

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#497717 - 03/25/09 09:45 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
The Department stood their ground. Not everyone walked away happy, but this time it wasn't us!

#497721 - 03/25/09 10:10 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fish4brains]
banki Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Montesano, WA
According to the cowboys they contribute to the economy just as much as the sporties do :cough: :cough:

#497727 - 03/25/09 10:44 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: banki]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
My hat is off to Phil Anderson, Pat Patillo, Kirt Huges, Barb McClellan and all the other folks that stood there ground and are doing what is best for the fish first and the economy second. Also I want to thank my fellow committee members for the hard work and dealing with me and my [censored] when they piss me off. So many times I wanted to walk away but new if I did what kind of message would that have sent. We have all hung in there and now we can start to see the fruits of our labor. Thanks to everyone else who showed up and especially to the old salt who gave the speech from hell about what the harbor use to be!!! He inspired us all and got a great ovation.

Thanks for letting me serve !!!
Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#497728 - 03/25/09 10:48 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: banki]
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

the commies sure did a lot of whining last night.. hope that they do get shut out in 2A/2D .. i think they did enough damage last year when there wasnt that many fish to go around..

mainly region 6

#497730 - 03/25/09 10:52 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: steely slammer]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

You are right s.s, but I see them getting a bone thrown there way and I bet they end up with one day which will not kill us.

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

#497733 - 03/25/09 11:10 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: superfly]
the machinist Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Chehalis WA
As I see it the WDFW had no choice in that with the last 2 years in a row without meeting Chinook escapment on the Chehalis, if it went the same in 2009 the Feds more than likely would have stepped in & declared an ESA situation.

My hat is off to Phil Anderson in that now with him as acting Director, there has been a complete turn around in how things were handled last night. It appears he drew the line in the sand & his staff would not back off because they knew he was backing them in the sake of conservation.

I have sat on this Ad Hoc committee since it's inseption. We sportsmen have repeatedley pushed for conservation but have been slapped in the face. I was so pissed with the way things have went that my ulcer has returned becaus eof the stress. However I decided that this was one that I was going to stay with, if nothing else to be a thorn in their side. Boy am I glad I did. I usually am the silent type because I come up with the response 2 days later. Last night I was prepared, but the way it went down, Francis, Joe & Duaine said it for all of us.

For once the fish have beneifitted.

#497737 - 03/25/09 11:16 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: the machinist]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Thanks for being there Leroy,
Good to see you !!!!

Joe

360-888-7772

#497738 - 03/25/09 11:27 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: superfly]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
When you send the thank you notes/letters to Anderson, Pattillo, Hughes and the rest of the staff that were working behind the scenes, make sure you cc the Commission AND your legislators.

This is how a Commission run agency is supposed to work and is a great example of why we don't need SB 5127 to pass.

#497742 - 03/25/09 11:56 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: bushbear]
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

im sorry i still dont trust Phil Anderson. hes fighting for the job and he'll do anything to keep it.. just my 2cents

and your right joe if the cowboys get one day it wont kill us.. with them getting 6 days on the hump side and the tribe in the other days the hump is going to get ganged raped by the nets...

mainly region 6

#497744 - 03/25/09 11:58 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: bushbear]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Congratulations to everyone who acted on behalf of sport fishers. I think you guys did a tremendous job, and finally got something to go our way. A season actually set up for sports anglers and not the other way around. Who would have thunk it? That is really impressive, and great, great news regarding next year.

Thank you!

Ryan

#497762 - 03/25/09 01:04 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Rocket Red]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
We'll never know about the "wdfw pre-meeting" but my impression was, that the "line in the sand was re-drawn" and IT WAS DEEPER. For 1 who sat "up river" last year, after the cowboys and other had picked off lot's of the hatchery fish, maybe this year will be much better for us.

Still have real concerns for wild salmon on the Wynoochee......10 of 12 years, ecapement has not been met.......I don't see any real chance for a build up......unless "selective fishery methods" are employed. Can't have the historial amount of gill netting and yes even sport fishing, and allow the incidental taking of wild coho by gill netting, and expect the run to build to levels that allow a sport fishery.

Edited by DrifterWA (03/25/09 10:45 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#497775 - 03/25/09 01:38 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
I agree Bill, but this year won't have the historical amount of gill netting. If we can continue down this road in the future, I for one am hopeful that the Wynoochee runs will rebuild, along with the Satsop.

#497789 - 03/25/09 02:27 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Castingpearls]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Thanks to everyone involved!!!

- Albert Einstein.

#497798 - 03/25/09 03:11 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Sol Duc]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Waiting for the QIN net schedule before I say anything.

#497805 - 03/25/09 03:26 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: ]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
nevermind

Edited by Castingpearls (03/25/09 03:44 PM)
Edit Reason: off topic

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, wolverine), 1118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |