Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#526524 - 08/08/09 05:35 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: Driftin']
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

Loc: Paradise,AK.
Bullshooter,

Was cleaning my 'bucket account and found this pic of the 11 Second Rifle.

On a good day it'll do 1" at the 500yd line with 50's.

(Please disregard my Post count,should you find it unsettling.)

#526526 - 08/08/09 06:22 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: Big Stick]
bullshooter Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: graham wa.
That barrel resembles a truck axle. Do you lug that outfit around in the woods much? I know you told me 16-18lbs, but my 7stw hunting outfit is between 9 and 10lbs, ready to rock and roll and I think it is a beast to lug around. Sweet rifle none-the-less. What breed of scope is she wearing? My guess is older redfield or older weaver with turrets installed, though I know you are a Leupold "slut". Am I close?

#526536 - 08/08/09 06:58 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: Big Stick]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Cool shot..BS

- Albert Einstein.

#526538 - 08/08/09 07:09 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: bullshooter]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: bullshooter
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Zeroed in my .223 with Eotech red dot yesterday at 100 yards and pretty much sucked. I don't know how you cat's shoot [censored] at 600 yards... mad

I'm no LR afficianado but I believe the Eotech is a little more suited for closer range use on larger targets than for long range precision. What kind of 100 yd groups are you getting with that setup? I have had really good success with this one.

I found a bag of reloads I loaded up a couple years ago. 60gr. v-max's, they were grouping very consistent 1/2" @ 100yds. I also have a stash of BH 52gr hp that shoot very well. The BH 55gr FMJ wont shoot for sh!t which is ok with me as I have no use for FMJ's. I would like to upgrade the scope to something more usefull. I also want to add a Rem, or CZ bolt gun to the safe.

Stick: you mentioned buying used Leupy's, sending them back and having a turret installed. Bout how much is that?

Bullshooter The Eotech is not magnified so shooting more than 150 yards is not going to produce great results. I shot it again on Friday and was shooting 4-5" inch groups at 100 yards, with one shot about 1/8" high from being a bulls eye. Still learning the ropes...I can't believe how NICE of group the " shooters" are. Everyone is very friendly and are willing to help the new guys out!!

- Albert Einstein.

#526542 - 08/08/09 07:21 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: bullshooter]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

18lbs as she sets. I've lugged it a fair piece,in the interest of Science.(grin)

Still a whole lot lighter than a chainsaw and I've packed them to Hell and back,more times than I could begin to count.

One of my STW's was a 1St Generation Sendero,the other a 27" #4 contoured Schneider in a Classic on a 700. The Schneider really was stupid accurate and I had a penchant for 120's at Warp Nine.

Glass pictured is a steel tubed Weaver T-16x and all "T's" track like a dirty bastard. Had that glass on a 7-08 Sillywet Rifle back in The Day(lightweight glass,to make weight) and rolled it to The Chub.

She remains a solid platform from which to get minds right,especially in regards to turrets,because it's easy to see impact/trace through the glass. That feedback is invaluable in the firsthand.

#526543 - 08/08/09 07:28 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: Big Stick]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

track like a dirty bastard.
lol

- Albert Einstein.

#526544 - 08/08/09 07:33 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: Sol Duc]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

You are fighting a coupla things,on your Colt. Firstly,is the handguard tube. If it isn't a free-floating design,you are going to have woe induced.

Secondly is the glass. No flies on the Eo' for speed and the like,but Precision is tough to muster via that route.

Beings you've the Picatinny rail inherent,your best move is to swap to/fro,as per the relative situation. Not that it will entail 1000 dis-reassemblies in an afternoon,but that you've an option from which to extract that which is possible from within the system.

Modest glass will reliably cover numerous avenues,less serious concession. I'd have no qualm slamming a Leupie straight 6x (6x42mm)
aboard,with the ele turret and engaging things out to Never-Never Land. With 60MOA elevation available on tap,you'll have zero issue stretching her legs as per crosshair intersection.

You'd be 300 clams deep,to blow your own mind.

#526545 - 08/08/09 07:39 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: Sol Duc]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

The Weaver T-series erector system travels as known quantities,via input dialed into their turret(s). Meaning the corrections you dope,are actually imparted and this is no small thing.

I'll gladly take a hit in optical "brilliance" or other concessions regarding the view,but I gotta have finite control in regards to bullet placement interacting the crosshair proper,which makes me a pig of a Leupold Slut.

I'm anti-Weaver as a whole,though their T-series do perform.

#526548 - 08/08/09 07:55 PM Re: Anybody Shoot Much? [Re: Big Stick]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

For conversation,Leupold M8 straight 16x 1" 40mm on my 6mm Ackley Improved and it's McMillan HTG. Shilen #5 at 25",twisted 1-10".

And for more conversation,the Leupold MK4 M1 16x on my USMC return M40A1 handled 22-250AI,wearing a #6 and fluted Hart 1-9" at 24" in Badger 20MOA rail and Badger standards.

The MK4 M1 16x being especially configured for LR pursuits of the 50BMG-ish realm at inception,by seriously shaving windage travel,in order to pad elevation travel.

Good trade,IMHO.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1089 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645296 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |